Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Schiano proposed a rule change to eliminate kickoffs.

1. -21
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    Interesting. Not saying I like it, but its interesting to say the least. So if a team is down by 10, they get a TD, instead of hoping for an onside kick, they would just have to convert a 4th and 15 and get a new set of downs.
    This is the part I don't like. The chances of recovering an onside was probably about even throughout the league, with this rule the team that has Tom Brady will have an enormous advantage in recovering the ball after a score over a lot of teams. Remember when we had Pennington? It was basically a guaranteed punt coming up if we had a 3rd and 10.

A team like the Patriots against a defense like ours could easily come back from 21 down with 4 or 5 minutes left. If they are going to do this I think the ball should still have to come off somebodies foot after a score.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CChambers84 View Post
    This is stupid, some of the most electric game changes plays come from kick offs. Without kicks offs theres no way we win that MFN against the Jets. Or no way the Saints get momemtum on their side during the onside kick in the SB
    Punt returns can be pretty electrifying too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    If they ever decide to play this way, I think it would be safe to say that there will be other teams joining the dolphins in perfectville.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm not really in favor of it though reducing injuries is a admirable objective.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Meanwhile, The overtime rule has improved.

But, it needs to be the EXACT same as College.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have an idea. If they are that worried about player safety they should IMPROVE THE ****ING EQUIPMENT and *gasp* teach people how to tackle so they aren't lunging in with their heads like they do now. We already know majority of players don't use the latest gear. If it gets any worse I don't see how anyone could watch football.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    This is the part I don't like. The chances of recovering an onside was probably about even throughout the league, with this rule the team that has Tom Brady will have an enormous advantage in recovering the ball after a score over a lot of teams. Remember when we had Pennington? It was basically a guaranteed punt coming up if we had a 3rd and 10.

A team like the Patriots against a defense like ours could easily come back from 21 down with 4 or 5 minutes left. If they are going to do this I think the ball should still have to come off somebodies foot after a score.
    Apparently they did a "calculations" and the % was just about even with onside recovers and 4th and 15 success rate. Its' still stupid as ****.
    Quote Quote