Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The number of Pats fans in Miami on Sunday.....

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

The number of Pats fans in Miami on Sunday.....

...was very disheartening to me. As a fan living in Boston, who hasn't had much disposable income until recently, it was disappointing to attend my first fins home game with about 15,000 Pats fans. This game was actually meaningful- a win could have put us in the race for the playoffs and given us a new burst of motivation. And despite what some here think, the game was winnable. It is incredible to me that in such a large metro area, we couldn't pull together more fans.

The number of Pats fans was not the only problem. Of the Dolphins fans that were there, I didn't see many who were cheering loudly, firing up people around them, or really doing anything to add to the intensity. I saw a bunch of people out for the afternoon for a friendly meet and greet with a bunch of New Englanders.

Look, I'm all for good sportsmanship, but the lack of ferocity in the Miami crowd was painful. I even saw a fins fan (who happened to be with a pats fan) yell at some other kid for hecking some Pats fans. F@#$ THAT!! We're playing teams from New York and New England at least SIX games a year. If we want to compete, we need to compete with the intensity of fans in those places.

I'll always be a Dolphins fan, but I'd almost rather be a minority in an away stadium with a few real fans than feeling like the minority (in noise level at least) in our own stadium.

Sorry for the rant...but seeing smug Pats fans for 3-4 days on my Florida vacation added insult to injury...a story for another time...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

The number of Pats fans in Miami on Sunday.....

bleh...
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dont bother, you will just get the same responses over and over

"why should i spend my $ on this **** product"

"its 2 hot in the sun" (yet everyone wants 1pm game for the heat advantage)

"not until they start winning" (tell that to raiders,chiefs,browns,Lions,Redskins,Bills fans)
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guess your right NYPhin. But most fins who win SB's these days have sell-outs every week. I feel like the team has the same mentality as the fans. In order to demand more, we NEED to show up and make our presence known! Otherwise it's just a good paying job for these guys, nothing else.

It's really up to the Miami Dolphins how they market their team. I'm positive that there's a way they could put more "football fever" into the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry bro, but I cannot feel as much sympathy for you as I do for myself. I flew from dirty jersey to go to the Titans game. I vowed not to go to another game until they have 3 consecutive 10+ win seasons... With that being said I wonder if I the Dolphins will ever give me the chance to go to another game again
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan0120 View Post
    ...was very disheartening to me. As a fan living in Boston, who hasn't had much disposable income until recently, it was disappointing to attend my first fins home game with about 15,000 Pats fans. This game was actually meaningful- a win could have put us in the race for the playoffs and given us a new burst of motivation. And despite what some here think, the game was winnable. It is incredible to me that in such a large metro area, we couldn't pull together more fans.

The number of Pats fans was not the only problem. Of the Dolphins fans that were there, I didn't see many who were cheering loudly, firing up people around them, or really doing anything to add to the intensity. I saw a bunch of people out for the afternoon for a friendly meet and greet with a bunch of New Englanders.

Look, I'm all for good sportsmanship, but the lack of ferocity in the Miami crowd was painful. I even saw a fins fan (who happened to be with a pats fan) yell at some other kid for hecking some Pats fans. F@#$ THAT!! We're playing teams from New York and New England at least SIX games a year. If we want to compete, we need to compete with the intensity of fans in those places.

I'll always be a Dolphins fan, but I'd almost rather be a minority in an away stadium with a few real fans than feeling like the minority (in noise level at least) in our own stadium.

Sorry for the rant...but seeing smug Pats fans for 3-4 days on my Florida vacation added insult to injury...a story for another time...
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Sorry bro, but I cannot feel as much sympathy for you as I do for myself. I flew from dirty jersey to go to the Titans game. I vowed not to go to another game until they have 3 consecutive 10+ win seasons... With that being said I wonder if I the Dolphins will ever give me the chance to go to another game again
    That is a little much, we see each year besides the likes of the Patriots,Ravens,Steelers that is very very hard to do, if you followed that route you would have missed the Giants and Packers Super Bowls where they only won 9 games in the regular season
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    That is a little much, we see each year besides the likes of the Patriots,Ravens,Steelers that is very very hard to do, if you followed that route you would have missed the Giants and Packers Super Bowls where they only won 9 games in the regular season
    And its alot much to pay 3K to go on vacation to a Dolphins game for 4 days, just to watch them lose. I went to the Jets game two years ago and they lost that one too. So yeah, for me to spend that kind of money to go see a game, they have to prove to me that they arent a waste of my money any longer. It is really the teams responsibility to persuade me to think they are worth my cash, vacation time spent from work, and time.... Ok, maybe not 3 consecutive seasons, but definitely 2.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    And its alot much to pay 3K to go on vacation to a Dolphins game for 4 days, just to watch them lose. I went to the Jets game two years ago and they lost that one too. So yeah, for me to spend that kind of money to go see a game, they have to prove to me that they arent a waste of my money any longer. It is really the teams responsibility to persuade me to think they are worth my cash, vacation time spent from work, and time.... Ok, maybe not 3 consecutive seasons, but definitely 2.
    And many people don't realize this...

Certain folks here think we have thousands of dollars just lying around ready to be thrown away on a bad product...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post

Certain folks here think we have thousands of dollars just lying around ready to be thrown away on a bad product...
    It shouldn't cost that much for a trip to Miami but that's just my opinion.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post

I live in NY, went to the Phins 49ers game in 08, plane ticket was $300, hotel was $200. spent an entire weekend only had to take monday off work, ye they happened to win that game and it was great, but for me it was more about something I can do maybe once a year if that, but for once im actually surrounded by Dolphins fans, seems like fans who live in Florida take for granted the fact that they can just pick up and go to a game without a plane, hotel, renting a car, for once a year im not surrounded by Jets and Giants fans and yea its worth it win or lose

and the whole "bad product" thing, its a game, literally anything can happen, its not like your buying a $1,000 new TV and know for a fact its not going to work and the screen is going to crack. Like i said in my previous post, we could have it A LOT WORSE, ask Browns,Bills,Raiders,Lions fans who have suffered the same if not more yet continue to go to games and provide a great fan atmosphere while our Dolphins players have to wonder why the crowd goes crazy when they just let up a 60 yard TD pass.......
    Quote Quote