Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Yea, if you include QB scramble yards (which Luck has a ton of - 250-300). Reggie gets 4.5 a carry; they have no RB above 4. Oh and their great OLine has given up more sacks than ours. Indy's offense is one-dimensional, and Luck gets it done. I don't know if your hypothetical makes you feel better about our sub-par QB play...? What if Tanny had Indy's defense that gives up 26 a game?
    Put Tanny on that Indy team and they would not be a winning team. There is no one player on the field who makes more of a difference than a good QB. Watching the Thursday nite game and freakin Manning throwing balls into these tiny windows and just getting it done. Do you think Tannehill has the ability to improve his game?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pags77 View Post
    Put Tanny on that Indy team and they would not be a winning team. There is no one player on the field who makes more of a difference than a good QB. Watching the Thursday nite game and freakin Manning throwing balls into these tiny windows and just getting it done. Do you think Tannehill has the ability to improve his game?
    I think you're mis-reading my post. I'm with you; i like the rest of our roster and am sick of people blaming everyone but the qb.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, Luck is better than Tannehill. He was taken first overall. We had no chance to get him and we had no shot to get RGIII. I don't think there was anything we could do to get either of them other than what Ditka did to get Ricky Williams (which was the dumbest thing ever because this a QB league).
    The real pain will be if the QBs coming out of the draft this year would be better than Tannehill or anyone other than Luck. But with or without Tannehill, Miami was gonna be between 6-8 wins, which means the superstars are likely off the board by the time we draft. We weren't gonna have a shot at Klein and probably not Manziel either. Ironically, with the injury, Matt Barkely probably would've slid down to a range where we could've gotten him. Is he guaranteed better than Tannehill? Maybe. Ultimately, the more I consider it, I feel like getting Tannehill when we did was a good way to go. His tangibles are off the charts and the lessons he's learning this year are awesome for furthering his development. By NOT having great receivers, it's actually gonna make him be better at hitting small windows and making good decisions which will reap huge dividends if and when Miami can actually bring some playmakers through the doors.
    I mean, Cutler had Marshall right away and what has he learned in his time in the league? Be a QB that locks onto one guy and suck if that guy is covered? By the end of this year, Tanny is gonna be a guy ready to know who's most likely to be open before the snap and be able to fit it in minute crevices to get completions and keep drives alive.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Um, your comparing the guy that was a once in a great while QB, vs one with 19 college starts at the same position.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NF, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

Luck beat tannehill cuz sean smith cant catch footballs. Luck gets a lot of hype cuz he is the chosen one. Miami would be in the exact same spot with luck or tannehill. Kicker still would of missed and sean smith still wouldn't be able to catch.
    Taylor got the final word. As he walked past the Jets' locker room after the game, he yelled, "It's like a damn graveyard here. ... Talk about that for two weeks" - a reference to the Jets' bye
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give us 1 more win.

To be fair. Luck has only beaten 1 team with a current record of .500. When you break down the team Luck and the Colts have defeated its not that great. How they won is another story though. The game winning drives have been amazing. You can only beat you they put in front of you. I would love to see Luck go against some of the tougher defenses in the league like San Fran or Seattle. He has to go up to Houston twice but lets see if Houston will be resting their players that second game. Whenever Luck has faced a good defensive team he has struggled with turning the ball over. He turned it over 4 times against Chicago, 2 times against the Jets and got completely shut down throwing 22-44 with 0 TDs and Colts only had 9 points. Patriots his turnovers really put the team in a hole. Score 14-14 he throws a pick 6. 17-31 Colts need a score, Luck fumbles and loses possession after D forced a 3 and out. Next possession Luck throws another pick 6.

Teams Luck beat are the Vikings, Packers, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Jags, Bills, and Lions.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Miami's rushing offense is 17th, Indy's is 18th and we are both averaging 3.9 YPC. With that I argue that their OL isnt worse than ours. Our pass protection isnt half as good as it was the first half of the season and our run blocking is much much worse.
    Defenses aren't crowding the box against the Colts like they are against the Dolphins every week.

The reasons for that are obvious, I shouldn't have to explain it to you. And yes, that makes a big difference.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes if Luck + Reggie Wayne + Bruce Aryans

No if just Luck.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

No we dont have a playoff team. QB is not the issue.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No but we would have at least the #2 wild card spot and would all be in a much better mood.
    Quote Quote