Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

1. -21
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    What our record and place in the standings may be with a different QB is all speculative.

All we can do is state facts. Here are a few..........

With better QB play, our offense would be better. Thats an obvious one.
    With a better offense, we would score more points. Obv again.
    Andrew Luck is a superior QB to Tannehill. Obvious to most people.
    If we had scored more points, our record would most likely be better than 5-7. How much better is speculative.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    No we dont have a playoff team. QB is not the issue.
    Is Ryan Tannehill gonna be named an All-Pro at the end of the year?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    King William, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No Ryan Tannehill will not be an All Pro this year. But did we not want the front office to draft a QB this past offseason? I believe they did that. I'm sure there would have been mass suicides on this board had the front office not drafted a QB.

We knew there would be struggles from him this year because he is a rookie. He is not Andrew Luck or RGIII, but he has had only 19 college starts and 12 pro starts (hopefully my stats are right). The only way for us to have picked one of them is to sell the farm and half the board would have had an anerism if that was done.

At times RT has looked very good and at times he has definately looked like a turd and shouldn't get a pass for that. I for one don't think our receivers are as bad as some think. We just need a burner/#1 receiver to take pressure off of Hartline because I think he will be a solid #2 for us and Bess is a good slot receiver. But we also shouldn't throw him to curb after just one season.

He has taken his lumps this year. If his ceiling is as high as everyone thinks, then he should learn from all the bad things that have happened this year. It is all about progression with him. I've seen enough good out of him this year to stand behind him. I will root for him to be great just as I did with Chad Henne. Will it happen? No one knows. But I'm willing to give him a couple of years.

I love coming on this board and reading everyones posts. I figured I would throw my two cents. Ready to take my lumps.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: If Luck was our QB, would we lead our division?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    Is Ryan Tannehill gonna be named an All-Pro at the end of the year?
    He is a rookie who wasnt even meant to start this season, what do you think? How many rookies will be all pros?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Luck is better than Tannehill, thats what i see.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardAndrsn View Post
    No Ryan Tannehill will not be an All Pro this year. But did we not want the front office to draft a QB this past offseason? I believe they did that. I'm sure there would have been mass suicides on this board had the front office not drafted a QB.

We knew there would be struggles from him this year because he is a rookie. He is not Andrew Luck or RGIII, but he has had only 19 college starts and 12 pro starts (hopefully my stats are right). The only way for us to have picked one of them is to sell the farm and half the board would have had an anerism if that was done.

At times RT has looked very good and at times he has definately looked like a turd and shouldn't get a pass for that. I for one don't think our receivers are as bad as some think. We just need a burner/#1 receiver to take pressure off of Hartline because I think he will be a solid #2 for us and Bess is a good slot receiver. But we also shouldn't throw him to curb after just one season.

He has taken his lumps this year. If his ceiling is as high as everyone thinks, then he should learn from all the bad things that have happened this year. It is all about progression with him. I've seen enough good out of him this year to stand behind him. I will root for him to be great just as I did with Chad Henne. Will it happen? No one knows. But I'm willing to give him a couple of years.

I love coming on this board and reading everyones posts. I figured I would throw my two cents. Ready to take my lumps.
    I agree with all of this, but people are acting like it's a sure deal that we've found our guy. Until we see him play at a high level consistently, we have not.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Beyond stats, Luck is completely natural on his position, great poise and presence, natural leader and a WINNER; we have a good QB with great tools developing as a possible star, he was benefited to have the same college coach and system. Right now, Luck is far better than RT, I like what we have, but is obvious that Luck make the players around look better than RT, I think that we could have at least 9 games with a W this season with this kid.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    If the world wasn't round, would we still celebrate Columbus Day?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pags77 View Post
    Our receiving corps has been much maligned, but do you think we would have a better record with Luck over Tannehill? I think our record is easily 7-5 with him at the QB. Don't get me wrong, love the upside of RT but I think we would be a playoff team with more consistent QB play.
    Just give me the guy in charge of drawing up the pass routes over there.
    Tannehill will be fine with some legit wr's and an OC.
    Sorry guys but I'm souring on Sherman really fast.
    I'm down to give him another year with better weapons, I understand that it's tough working with what we have now.
    I just haven't seen anything from him that makes me like him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    If the world wasn't round, would we still celebrate Columbus Day?
    Of course not. Columbus would have sailed right off the edge of the world silly!
    Quote Quote