Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk

1. -41
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    My guess is that if Steve Ross thinks that firing Ireland will improve ticket sales, he will do it. But my guess is also that Steve Ross thinks that firing the General Manager and replacing him with a Brian Gaine or some other guy that the casual fan won't instantly recognize will do nothing to put butts in seats. And my only reason for thinking that Steve Ross thinks that is that I personally think that firing Jeff Ireland will have no impact on ticket sales.
    There are a few types of people we could replace Ireland with and gain an immediate impact in ticket sales.

1: The Ex-Player. Preferably an ex-dolphin but it wouldn't have to be. Not that he would want it but name Dan Marino GM and you'll see an immediate impact on ticket sales. Somebody like Archie Manning could bring in fans too, we would have our own Manning. Even some younger guys like Jason Taylor or Kurt Warner could be good options.

2: The Car Salesman. Get a young smart charismatic guy with Obama's speaking ability that loves the camera. Sell the fans that he is the guy to turn this thing around. "Yes we can. Yes we can. You should have fired yourself ireland, amirite?"

3: The Wheeler and Dealer. Get a guy that loves to trade picks for big names and sign big free agents. I don't like this option personally because I don't believe you can build a winner that way but Chicago could prove me wrong on that one.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    So don't go assuming that we'll be seeing Ryan Mallett in Week 17. This is the team that reinvented the idea of "running up the score" in the NFL. If there's a chance they could get the #1 seed or #2 seed, they'll be playing for every inch in Week 17.
    Agree with all your post, but wanted to add: anyone recall our first game against them in 2007? They went up by 2 or 3 touchdowns and pulled Brady in the 4th. Jason Taylor then runs back an interception to make the score respectable and not a complete blowout. What does Belichick do? Unbenches Brady so he can start throwing more touchdowns.

New England has shown they dont need any excuses to run up the score. They do it whenever the mood strikes. I wouldnt be surprised if Belichick decides to run it up on us because we kept our last game close.

The Texans have all but locked up the top seed. With the way Denver is playing it could very well take a complete sweep by New England to get the first round bye week. If they have even a remote chance at it, they will make a run for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's some happy thoughts: Outside of 2 years when they were the best team at the end of the season and won a total of 6 playoff games (including the 2 Superbowl victories), they've never been as good as the dynastic teams of the past few decades. They've never been as well-rounded as the Steelers, '9'ers, or 90s Cowboys. When I say 'Steelers', I'm including the teams of the last 6 years which featured 3 Superbowl appearances and 2 victories. Miami has advantages that other teams don't have in that broadcast crews like to go there and tourists like to go there. Miami is always a city that free agent talent would like to be in. So the fact that this organization has failed to capitalize on such structural advantages as these is f'n pathetic. If this team could ever put together even a couple of 10-6 seasons we could have the best FAs willing to take less money to play for us, which is an advantage that the Patriots have had for years too. Players are front-runners at heart, especially ones that got fat rookie contracts and are now prioritizing their legacies more than their finances.
    I wish someone could beat it into Ross' head that having a man like Ballboy Jeff making bad picks and seeming like a douche to most players in the league is so much more of a negative than any amount experience or skill is a positive. Perception is reality, especially when you need talent to come through your door. This idea of being the football version of the 2007 Colorado Rockies with the Christian boys is a freakin' joke. We need talent now. I don't care if our players spend the offseason in jail so long as their scoring and tackling (and covering, especially) from August to the beginning of February.
    It would help if we could get a GM that understands that hiring guys fired from college coaching positions isn't the best way to get cutting-edge offensive coordinators, especially when they bring in their protege project QBs who we can only hope is smart enough to learn and execute a real offensive coordinator's system.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well anyway point being don't expect to see Ryan Mallett in Week 17 until/unless the Dolphins are losing by three or four touchdowns.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't be so sure that Mallett wouldn't kick our ass anyway.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    You're right that a new GM probably doesn't help ticket sales at this point, its too little, too late for that. My question is who was full of **** when we were told this wasn't a rebuilding year. Either Ireland convinced Ross of that or Ross was just spouting **** to the fans in order to sell tickets.

If I were Ross and I really believed we would be trying to contend this season I would have a conversation the week before the season that would go something like this: A blind monkey could see that your offseason "moves" wouldn't help us win games or help ticket sales this season ...SO WTF JEFF!?!?
    This is what blows my mind. Perhaps it's going over my head, but in one hand this team is in "rebuilding mode" and in the other Ireland was retained because Ross came to the conclusion (im sure with Ireland) that this team had talent and coaching was the issue. If the latter is true why did we revamp our whole scheme? Wouldn't you want to bring in a coach to come in and build on the scheme the talent was brought in for? I just would like someone to explain what appears to me to be a pretty blatant contradiction.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    At this point I want us to lose out.

Only way to insure Ireland goes... HE is the reason we suck. Until he is gone we have ZERO shot.
    yep. I'm seriously at that point too. Trying to think big picture. If losing some meaningless games gets Ireland canned which in turn gives us hope, I'm down. Winning meaningless games will only hurt this franchise in the long run. Hmmmm. Sounds kinds familiar
    Last edited by Harry_Bagpipe; 12-07-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Armando does mention that an epic and disastrous final four weeks could change things, but with home games against the Bills and Jaguars on the schedule, that probably is unlikely. If the Dolphins finish the season 5-11, then I think the topic of Ireland's job security becomes a realistic conversation. Here is the thing though, in addition to the Bills and Jaguars game, the week 17 game in New England could be against backups. 2-3 wins the final four weeks might not be as crazy as some might think. 2-3 wins and this is definitely not a topic.
    This entire speculation will change IF Miami loses to Chad Henne and the Jags. You marking it down that the Fins will beat the Jags and Bills is WAY TOO premature. Miami gets blown out this week...possibly shutout. However, the embarrassment could reach epic levels by having Chad Henne win a game at Sun Life. Buffalo is not a pushover. Last time I checked they could have killed us a few weeks ago if they had any type of red zone production. Finally, the Pats do not rest starters. That will it played straight up. If all of this rolled into this nightmare scenario, Miami would have finished the year losing 8 of 9. OUCH!

FOR THE RECORD, I do not want the Fins to lose all four...I do not want them to lose any...so please save the stuff about how I have some secret motive blah, blah, blah. I assess it how I see it.

I think it would be a heck of season if they went 7-9 considering various factors of the team. I thought they would win between 3-5 games this year. However, if this team lost its last four in the manner described about, Ireland does not return.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk

I love the disrespect for Henne. Henne has always had the ability to beat anyone. His football talent was never the problem.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    It is amazing how many Americans have lost their jobs, yet Jeff can keep his with his terrible track record. lol
    Quote Quote