Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk

1. -71
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    I still, for the life of me, can't remember any of their wins from last year. They're not going anywhere this year, so what does it really matter?
    Again, if we do lose out and go 5-11, then count me as those who wants Ireland off the team, but I'm not going to sit here and HOPE that we lose so that happens. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan first and foremost...I'll always hope my team wins whether we're 11-1, 8-4, 5-7 or 1-11. Rooting for the Miami Dolphins to lose for ANY reason is just plain stupid in my opinion, especially to get a man fired from his job. That just screams bad karma to me.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Again, if we do lose out and go 5-11, then count me as those who wants Ireland off the team, but I'm not going to sit here and HOPE that we lose so that happens. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan first and foremost...I'll always hope my team wins whether we're 11-1, 8-4, 5-7 or 1-11. Rooting for the Miami Dolphins to lose for ANY reason is just plain stupid in my opinion, especially to get a man fired from his job. That just screams bad karma to me.
    Well... Maybe we can use some bad karma, because the good one certainly hasn't been helping. lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep, for instance look at the bad karma the Colts are having, they were rooting for losses every week and now they're set with a HOF talent at the most important position in the game for the next decade and a half. Damn that bad karma! We should just stay the course, and continue having sub-par/mediocre seasons, good enough to just miss the playoffs but not bad enough for a top 5 pick.

And when we do have a top five pick, how about we draft a college back up running back or an offensive tackle?

No the bad karma is our team in general.

And I like Tannehill, but right now I like Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck better. Hopefully Tannehill becomes better, but he is still a raw prospect. Anyone here who says they rather have those meaningless wins last year and Tannehill over losing out and getting this year's MVP and Rookie of the Year candidate Andrew Luck, is on drugs.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ALRIGHT MIAMIII!!!!

For me this is the ideal scenario for the following reasons

1) We really need Consistency in the FO and this provides it. Likely had we gotten rid of Ireland it would have meant everyone including the HC,DC,OC would not have been retained by a new GM! I think we all can agree that its rare a new GM comes in and keeps the same pieces in the FO!

2) I'm betting that Philbin and Sherman "assisting" with the draft instead of "Sporano and Deboll" will pay dividends.

Because of #2 I don't understand why people say its the "same" people doing the drafting for this team when clearly it's not! I'm willing to give this "new" regime no matter how you slice it, this being their "first" season together two more season to turn things around. If after 3 solid years theirs no progress(which I doubt) then it's perfectly fine and the "right" time to go in another direction.

This is year one!
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Yep, for instance look at the bad karma the Colts are having, they were rooting for losses every week and now they're set with a HOF talent at the most important position in the game for the next decade and a half. Damn that bad karma! We should just stay the course, and continue having sub-par/mediocre seasons, good enough to just miss the playoffs but not bad enough for a top 5 pick.

And when we do have a top five pick, how about we draft a college back up running back or an offensive tackle?

No the bad karma is our team in general.

And I like Tannehill, but right now I like Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck better. Hopefully Tannehill becomes better, but he is still a raw prospect. Anyone here who says they rather have those meaningless wins last year and Tannehill over losing out and getting this year's MVP and Rookie of the Year candidate Andrew Luck, is on drugs.
    I don't care about the Colts, first of all. Not my team. Sure, they're having a nice little season (thanks in part to Luck), but come back to me when they actually have something to show for it. Until then, couldn't bother caring what the Colts are doing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    yeah....we should of kept Sparano you know, cause of continuity and consistancy and all that stuff. Its year one. The lions should of held on to matt millen even longer cause continuity and consistancy and stuff. Dont know what the niners were think letting Singletary go, i mean dont they know that its all about continuity and consistancy and its year one. Did i mention its year one.

derp......derp
    Last edited by Harry_Bagpipe; 12-07-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's a neat fact for ya. From 2000 to 2003, Dave Wannstedt the acting General Manager of the Miami Dolphins drafted twice as many Pro Bowlers as Jeff Ireland has drafted from 2008 to 2011, and he did it while utilizing approximately one-third of the draft resources in terms of number of picks and value (according to the charts).

As a matter of fairness and full disclosure, Mike Pouncey appears destined for Pro Bowls and that would bring Jeff Ireland's number of Pro Bowlers drafted to a tie with Dave Wannstedt. With 3x as many draft resources.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Here's a neat fact for ya. From 2000 to 2003, Dave Wannstedt the acting General Manager of the Miami Dolphins drafted twice as many Pro Bowlers as Jeff Ireland has drafted from 2008 to 2011, and he did it while utilizing approximately one-third of the draft resources in terms of number of picks and value (according to the charts).
    and it only took the number one pick in the entire draft to get said pro-bowler
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow, when you have Wanny drafting better than you, then you can understand why the people on this board with half a brain want Ireland gone.Wanny push not one but 2 teams into the ground and yet, he drafted better than Ireland. And yet some people want Ireland back. GET REAL PEOPLE!!

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

As a matter of fairness and full disclosure, Mike Pouncey appears destined for Pro Bowls and that would bring Jeff Ireland's number of Pro Bowlers drafted to a tie with Dave Wannstedt. With 3x as many draft resources.
    I'm scrambling trying to think of pro bowlers Ireland drafted and it's... Long and....?

If there's another one it's not coming to mind. Wannstedt would be Chris Chambers, right? And maybe Todd Wade?
    Quote Quote