Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jackson: Fins leave Bush in the dark/Miller eager

1. -11
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    If it is your train of thought that Bush is not playing because he will not be here, than why is Randy Starks playing? He might not be back. Incognito could be cut. Play Samuda. I bet Fasano is not resigned. Play Egnew.

It is silly logic. The best players on the roster should be playing...PERIOD. Everything should be done to win the game in a given week. IF the situation is they think that Thomas gives them a better chance to win or a Lamar Miller cannot help move the ball, then the staff's assessment skill are questionable at best.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

btw, I agree that Bush will not be back. Use him up and get as much out of him if that is the case.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    If it is your train of thought that Bush is not playing because he will not be here, than why is Randy Starks playing? He might not be back. Incognito could be cut. Play Samuda. I bet Fasano is not resigned. Play Egnew.

It is silly logic. The best players on the roster should be playing...PERIOD. Everything should be done to win the game in a given week. IF the situation is they think that Thomas gives them a better chance to win or a Lamar Miller cannot help move the ball, then the staff's assessment skill are questionable at best.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

btw, I agree that Bush will not be back. Use him up and get as much out of him if that is the case.
    I am not sure that Fasano will not be resigned and as for starting Egnew...

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanosaur2000 View Post
    I am not sure that Fasano will not be resigned and as for starting Egnew...
    You do not understand what I am saying....under the logic of people here, Egnew should be playing because Fasano might not return. It makes no sense. Fasano SHOULD be playing and Egnew not playing because he is not good enough yet.

The BEST player should be getting the reps.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fasano, Starks and Smith will all be re-signed. Bush may very well get re-signed as well but as I said there is a large enough body of work from all those guys to get a read on what they bring to your team.

With Thomas, Miller, Lane, Egnew, etc...they are all young players, why not get them reps? If they drop off in production isn't huge than why would you retain a guy like Bush at 5 million when you can have a guy like Miller for 3/4 of that price. It is smart football, in the mean time if Miller isn't cutting it you know that you need depth. or that he might not ever get it. Let's face it the reason Miller isn't on the field is due to his lack of knowledge and understanding of the offense, the same can be said of Egnew.

I'm not saying bench Bush for the sake of evaluation but giving 25 to 30% of his playing time to Miller isn't going to hurt one bit. It is also time for Thomas to sink or swim, you either have a big ponding back that can carry the load or you need to move on. It shouldn't take a running back three years to become a factor in the NFL, they either have it or they don't.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not convinced Starks will be back. I think Hartline and Smith will. Bush...no. Long...who knows. Fasano, McDaniel and Clemons can be upgraded.

My guess is Smith gets the tag.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where does it say anything about playing time in that article? The title "Fins leave Bush in dark" seems to be about his contract situation.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Where does it say anything about playing time in that article? The title "Fins leave Bush in dark" seems to be about his contract situation.
    It does talk about playing time. It talks about Thomas not being productive and getting touches from Bush and Miller.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I wonder if it actually is strange or if it is planned. It's no secret that Joe Philbin is a planner and detailed, I wonder if he laid out the road map shortly after he was hired. I wonder if it went something like: "as long as we have a reasonable shot to hit the playoffs we will continue with our star players but if we get to a point where we are basically out of the running let's use it to evaluate the talent".
    This offense has been terrible at scoring points pretty much all year... they were realistically out of the playoff race weeks ago.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The coaching decisions of who is getting reps and not getting them is so strange.
    Yes, because things of that nature should always be left up to the fans
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Yes, because things of that nature should always be left up to the fans
    huh? Why can't the media, fans and league observers not question the decision making?
    Quote Quote