Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jackson: Fins leave Bush in the dark/Miller eager

1. -31
    It's a trap!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    So were you happy having Odrick on the sideline along with Wake as they tried to stop the Pats last week?
    Did you not see Bush was having success last week and was replaced by Thomas?
    Why was Bush replaced after he fumbled yet other players kept playing?
    Lamar Miller has shown an explosive step yet cannot even be activated.
    It took 3/4 of the year to go by before Charles Clay got involved. He was not involved in favor of Lane...why?

Bush might be gone, but he is still the best RB. Why aren't they putting the most talented guy on the field.

Very odd decisions. I will give Joe a hall pass in that it is his first year. However, there have been some odd playing time decisions.
    Maybe cause they know he won't be here next year, and they don't want to risk getting him injured so his market value don't drop. Plus it gives Miller PT.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what about millers shoulders? maybe that is the reason why they have been cautious with him this season? lettin that shoulders heal up another year?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Miller isn't getting a lot of playing time because he doesn't know what he's doing yet. Watch the limited times he's in game. Tannehill will usually have to to tell him where he needs to line up, especially once a play is changed at the line. I think Sherman is trying to limit the amount of rookies on the field at any given due to the fact that Miami runs a no huddle and changes play so often. Tannehill, Martin, Lane, Matthews, and Miller are all rookies. But if you put all 5 of those guys on the field at once that is almost half your offense fielded as rookies.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Let's not forget that Miami has Jonas Gray waiting in the wings for the 2013 season.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    Maybe cause they know he won't be here next year, and they don't want to risk getting him injured so his market value don't drop. Plus it gives Miller PT.
    If they are not going to sign him, why do they care about his market value?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Dreamer View Post
    Then...Next season we will again be in evaluation mode to see if player "x" can be a starter in year "xxxx"...

The Fins never play for "this year" and ironically many are ok with this farm team approach.
    This year is done, it's smart management to do whats in best interest of your team now and in the future, and at this point no one can look at the dolphins team as its made up right now WITH WAKE AND ODRICK in the game and say they can make the playoffs. Just not enough talent on the roster. So winning meaningless games and going 7-9, 8-8 benefits nobody! But looking ahead to next year and getting players in the game in certain situations (where possible) to help you make decisions for next year benefits the team in the long run. But there's a balance you have to maintain when applying this strategy. If a young player is not putting in the necessary work in practice or if they are not even close to the person in front of them then it's hard to get them playing time and not alienate the veterans on the team that will be back. This would explain the egnew situation. As for Miller, he's done ok when he's gotten opportunities however I would have to assume that he's not consistent enough in practice to justify him playing in front of Bush and DT. Or like another poster suggested, maybe they've seen enough and already know he'll be the starter next year and don't want to use him up. However i dont think this is the case.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    If they are not going to sign him, why do they care about his market value?
    Can they trade him before his contract is actually up and get something for him?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I dont buy lamar miller doesnt know the playbook. He got like 12the carries in week two!! So he knew it in week two?? But doesnt know it now??
    Or maybe they ran the same 12 plays in week two when he was in?

I dont know why he isnt in more, but you cant convince me contributed early, but doesnt now because he doesnt know the playbook.

I think its more a product of having three backs. New orleans has a similar problem. You never know from week to week which of the three backs
    Gets 14 carries one week and 3 the next.
    happens with a lot of young RBs that aren't top picks. Year one is about getting experience here and there, but improving elsewhere. Look at a guy like Jacquizz Rodgers in Atlanta; he's already pretty much matched his production from last year. Darren Sproles was used sparingly as a rookie.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At what point did we realize we were cutting the cord with Reggie because he's been absent from the passing game all year... If we're playing for the future you would imagine that Miller would get at least some burn. At the moment it just seems like Philbin is being blackmailed by DT.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    I just want to WIN !

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Plus....The Reggie Bush we have now is not the same Reggie Bush we had before he got "hot sauced" by the Jets and dinged up his knee. He is tentative in the backfield, dances around, and has a lot of runs that end up being yardage losses. A lot of his runs that end up being 2-3 yard losses could be 2-3 yard gains if he would just hit the hole hard and fight for some yards. I like Reggie, but seeing him dance around in the backfield as much as he has been is driving me absolutely crazy.

I do agree though with those who wish Reggie would be used more in the passing game. I do think that is one aspect of his game we have not taken enough of an advantage of.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    miller needs more carries period
    Quote Quote