Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jackson: Fins leave Bush in the dark/Miller eager

1. -41
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Let's not forget that Miami has Jonas Gray waiting in the wings for the 2013 season.
    .....and suddenly the fears of an entire franchise are calmed.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie is out of here because we jettison playmakers instead of stockpiling them...

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Lamar Miller era, assuming there is one, will be intriguing. In following the Canes for more than 40 years, Miller had fewer print and broadcast interviews than any high profile player during that stretch. In fact, there wasn't a close second. He left the program and I basically didn't know what his face looked like or what his voice sounded like. And everybody knew the reason. It had been hinted at since his Killian years. I don't need to spell it out. ckparrothead had a thread featuring Miller's drawing and interpretation skills. Let's just say I wasn't surprised.

But that's the guy we're counting on, in conjunction with Daniel Thomas. Okay.

At this point the Reggie Bush bashers envision Lamar Miller as a slasher who hits the hole with authority and can take it the distance. No denying he does provide that. On occasion. The Miller backers seem to be oblivious to all the runs when he slides to the outside without reason and maddeningly turns a 3 yard gain into a 1 or 2 yard loss. It may not be dancing but it's pathetic. Happened all the time late last season with the Canes, to the point you even had Al Golden spotlighting it in frustration, that we needed to be content with singles. He was talking about Lamar Miller and Lamar Miller alone.

It would be difficult to find anybody with a Canes connection who would want Miller back, to take carries from Duke Johnson.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well one thing we can look forward to at least is a bit more dynamic offense when they start passing some to the RB's more. Bush in space at the second level is electrifying and very scary for defenses. I think Miller will prove to be the same way. With both of them we could afford to expand the offense without always worrying about them getting knocked out of the game. Given how few real weapons we have, it is perplexing that they haven't used Reggie in the slot. On third down he comes out for blocking purposes, but honestly, he's better than most of our receivers and we know he's the only person on our offense that defenses fear.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    .....and suddenly the fears of an entire franchise are calmed.
    You may have uttered the truth without even realizing it. If GRAY makes it back from his knee injury, a lot of "football people" are going to REGRET not taking the chance that MIAMI took.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Bush ends up in the West coast after this season anyways. Maybe San Francisco, backing up Gore.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would say the Jets if it wasn't for all the hot sauce talk. Jets offense nose dived without LT and Bush could fill that role perfectly. Plus, I think Bush wants to be the face of a franchise, I don't see him going anywhere unless he's guaranteed to be a big part of the offense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I only say that cause the guy is obviously in love with California.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is all so weird.

Reggie was lighting up the team up until the Jets game where he got hurt. He was running REALLY well and everyone here was so excited for Reggie.... then he got injured, and bam, not the same reggie anymore and he's struggled since that jets injury.

Never woulda thought Reggie would be so easily dismissed after what he was doing early part of the year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He stopped performing the same week we cut legadoo, legadoo really was just what this offense needed after all.
    Quote Quote