Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jackson: Fins leave Bush in the dark/Miller eager

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am not convinced Starks will be back. I think Hartline and Smith will. Bush...no. Long...who knows. Fasano, McDaniel and Clemons can be upgraded.

My guess is Smith gets the tag.
    All signs point to Starks will not be back. He acknowledged this past Thursday that the team has not contacted him about a new contract. Odrick is better fit to play DT, much cheaper/younger, and actually has a higher ceiling than Starks. Add to that re-signing Tony McDaniel (who is very good himself) Odrick's backup would cost a lot less...and the signs point to Starks walking. But I would bet a farm Jake Long will be back at the very least under the franchise tag.

I've been on the Hartline's gone wagon recently but I'm beginning to think he'll be back as they have offered him an initial offer. But Fasano and Starks I definitely don't "expect" back. Smith no doubt will be re-signed as well as Clemons. Bush is the one mystery to me. I'll blow a head gasket if they don't re-sign or tag him (my preference should they be able to re-sign Long without using the tag on him), but with Miller having been traded up for, I just don't know. ..
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Well one thing we can look forward to at least is a bit more dynamic offense when they start passing some to the RB's more. Bush in space at the second level is electrifying and very scary for defenses. I think Miller will prove to be the same way. With both of them we could afford to expand the offense without always worrying about them getting knocked out of the game. Given how few real weapons we have, it is perplexing that they haven't used Reggie in the slot. On third down he comes out for blocking purposes, but honestly, he's better than most of our receivers and we know he's the only person on our offense that defenses fear.
    Agreed. Bush is not only our best RB (better than Miller all around), but as a deadly receiver, he'd be injury insurance in the passing game should Bess go down to injury next season. This is why I'd be pissed if Ireland lets Bush walk next year. I'd re-sign Long (yes overpay if have to) and if not tag Bush, re-sifn him for 2 more years.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We'll probably just resign Smith and Clemmons and everybody else will be playing in the probowl next year
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked the way we used Bush today. I was meh on resigning him before but if we're going to be getting him heavily involved in the passing game I think he should be a priority signing.
    Quote Quote