Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dilfer: Tannehill will be a "rock star"

1. -31
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    "bond, david bond Says:
    December 7th, 2012 at 9:19 amI am tired of people blaming the cast that a Tannehill has around him. Tannehill has not one but two receivers approaching 1000 yards receiving and 3 starting caliber runningbacks. Simply put; the guy is not good enough and he is the restraint on offense. If either of the other two quarterbacks get a shot at the helm, everyone will immediately see my point!"

This has got to be the most ass backwards argument against Tannehill.

and I'd love to know what 3 rb's this guy is talking about.

I would say the reason Hartline and Bess are both closing in on 1,000 yards is BECAUSE of Tannehill.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I like the idea of Ireland being more comfortable drafting knowing the team has its QB. That being said, if he ****s this draft up I'd be on the GTFO Committee.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I like the idea of Ireland being more comfortable drafting knowing the team has its QB. That being said, if he ****s this draft up I'd be on the GTFO Committee.
    Agreed, the 2013 season is the ultimate make it or break it for Ireland. If they don't win in 2013 he is gone, especially that Ireland would need to have his contract extended to come back in 2014.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dilfer: Tannehill will be a "rock star"

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Agreed, the 2013 season is the ultimate make it or break it for Ireland. If they don't win in 2013 he is gone, especially that Ireland would need to have his contract extended to come back in 2014.
    If he fails to bring a big play WR and a starting caliber CB here this offseason, that's it. He has $50 mil in cap space and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (and people can bitch all they want, Ireland isn't getting fired this year). Don't do anything stupid like franchising Long (or bringing Long back at all, unless it's on a short-term, pocket change deal which we know 'aint happening). Sign Smith, sign Starks, and get a FA WR. I repeat- get a FA WR. Wallace or Jennings- get one of them. Money should be no excuse. From the looks of it, there aren't many big play WR's in the first round, so I'd rather Ireland address TE and the defense there.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    If he fails to bring a big play WR and a starting caliber CB here this offseason, that's it. He has $50 mil in cap space and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (and people can bitch all they want, Ireland isn't getting fired this year). Don't do anything stupid like franchising Long (or bringing Long back at all, unless it's on a short-term, pocket change deal which we know 'aint happening). Sign Smith, sign Starks, and get a FA WR. I repeat- get a FA WR. Wallace or Jennings- get one of them. Money should be no excuse. From the looks of it, there aren't many big play WR's in the first round, so I'd rather Ireland address TE and the defense there.
    Keenan Allen and Cordelle Paterson are easily top 15 picks.

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why anyone is advocating keeping this BUM around another minute is beyond me.... People we are about to endure our FOURTH straight losing season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let us not forget that this weekends game is his 32nd start as a quarterback ...Luck started his 32nd game in his senior season, Griffin started his 32nd game the last game of his redshirt sophomore season in 2009, Wilson started his 32nd game his last season at NC State or his senior season at Wisconsin(very difficult to find games played in college). Lets put some perspective on just how raw Tannehill is in the first year of his professional football career.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Why does Ireland even get the entire 13 season? If he blows in FA and in the draft, he could be canned then.

I am not sure why when the house was cleaned last year, he did not with Tony. Terrible.

They should fire Ireland and let Joe pick a GM to work with or promote Gaine.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Why anyone is advocating keeping this BUM around another minute is beyond me.... People we are about to endure our FOURTH straight losing season.
    I hope you stick around and eat your crow if Tannehill becomes something. But I am sure you will just create an alt...
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I hope you stick around and eat your crow if Tannehill becomes something. But I am sure you will just create an alt...
    I thought he was talking about Ireland. If so, I agree 100%. We desperately need playmakers. We have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds and 50mm in cap space. Why on earth would anyone consider letting a guy that has not produced a SINGLE playmaker in 5 damn years control this off season. If he blows it, it will cost us another 5 years of the same **** we have seen in the last 5. I just don't see why he deserves any more chances.
    Quote Quote