Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dilfer: Tannehill will be a "rock star"

1. -41
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I like the idea of Ireland being more comfortable drafting knowing the team has its QB. That being said, if he ****s this draft up I'd be on the GTFO Committee.
    I don't understand this train of thought, you're saying he knew Henne sucked so he didn't bother getting him any weapons? Wouldn't the sucky QB need more weapons? If Ireland didn't have faith in Henne shouldn't we have drafted a QB last year? I just don't see how having faith in tannehill will change his draft strategy, if Tanny were having a year like Luck I could see it because then we could draft all defense but as it stands right now Ireland needs to draft offensive weapons whether he has faith in tannehill or not.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    We will see, the only for certain thing we know is that it is too early to come to any judgements at this time. Get the man a few more weapons, a more consistent oline and more games under his belt and then we can analyze this further. I will say I think I have seen more good than bad from Tannehill this season and that is something I was not expecting so he is on the right path.
    you know .. i knew this would happen though , why ? because we didnt have enough BIG WRs to take the top off ,and make defences play us deeeeep , 80% was our WRs we needed on the outside going deep, the other is our OL , either playin hurt or still tryin to learn and gel , but imo if we would have went out and picked up either T.O. PLAX or even Edwards at the time then we wouldnt be sittin here wondering as much as we are , and we would have knew a little more about what our franchise QB would look like with better WRs , either in the draft or FA next year , imo atleast the older guys that have watched alot of football over the years would have a scents of whats to come , i know i would have.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...ar-in-the-nfl/

I have been depressed lately as a Fins fan. However, after reading this article and the words coming from one of the best analysts in the business, I have gained some hope. This weekend will be tough on RT, but try as we must, we got to look at the bigger picture. I am guilty of not doing that as well.

Dilfer is one of the best in the industry at assessing QB play. This is good stuff to read, folks.
    I have no idea why you would be depressed about this season. Miami is 1) ahead of almost every single so called "experts" predictions 2) been in almost every single game of the year except two 3) found some good young players to man the boat and 4) loaded with picks and cash heading into 2013.

Oh and we actually have a quarterback, I mean a rookie QB who is holding his own. I'm not depressed for the first time in years, I'm finally excited for what is to come.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To put some more perspective on the Dilfer comment .... LOL

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, though, doesn’t think that’s a good idea. Dilfer, a former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl-winning quarterback, thinks the Dolphins are good enough to win in 2011 with Chad Henne under center.

“I think the franchise would take a giant step backward if they started over and went and got another rookie,” Dilfer said recently on SportsCenter. “I think after 27 career starts, it’s not a big enough body of work to come up with a definitive judgment on Chad Henne. Unless it’s an established veteran, free agent quarterback, I think Chad Henne is the answer for the Dolphins this year. They’re a good enough team to manage the situation and win with Chad Henne.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...the-15th-pick/
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    To put some more perspective on the Dilfer comment .... LOL
    He said Henne was good enough for 2011 not that he was the long term answer. Certainly didn't call Henne a future NFL rock star. Not really the same comparison at all.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...ar-in-the-nfl/

I have been depressed lately as a Fins fan. However, after reading this article and the words coming from one of the best analysts in the business, I have gained some hope. This weekend will be tough on RT, but try as we must, we got to look at the bigger picture. I am guilty of not doing that as well.

Dilfer is one of the best in the industry at assessing QB play. This is good stuff to read, folks.
    And We're Climbing The Stairway To Fin Heaven.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    He said Henne was good enough for 2011 not that he was the long term answer. Certainly didn't call Henne a future NFL rock star. Not really the same comparison at all.
    Perhaps you missed the part where I BOLDED his comment (or purposely ignored it) about a new rookie QB setting the franchise back.

He was still wrong about Henne though.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Perhaps you missed the part where I BOLDED his comment (or purposely ignored it) about a new rookie QB setting the franchise back.

He was still wrong about Henne though.
    I saw it, but that was also the 2011 draft class and was a make it or break it year for Sparano and his staff. Of course starting a rookie quarterback with a coach on the hot seat is not a good idea. Now that we have a new head coach and a staff and front office with time on its side it is perfectly fine starting a rookie QB from day one.
    Quote Quote