Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Who would you follow?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fins, wherever they go

    16 69.57%
  • Another Florida Team

    2 8.70%
  • Other

    5 21.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Who would you root for?

  1. -1
    13mademeafan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    394
    vCash:
    1719
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Who would you root for?

    So god forbid that the fins ever leave Miami, I don't see it happening btw. But after reading a couple post on the latest logo thread, I thought about this. Who would I root for if my beloved fins were to move to say LA. I couldn't follow them, just wouldn't have the heart. I guess in all honestly I would probably just not have a team, besides whoever was playing the Jests or Pats.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    sirvmac's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    552
    vCash:
    1403
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Born in Fla but moved to Chicago when I was 2 and grew up here.
    I will follow the Dolphins wherever they go.
    Dolphins are my team, Chicago is my city lol.

    ---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 13mademeafan View Post
    So god forbid that the fins ever leave Miami, I don't see it happening btw. But after reading a couple post on the latest logo thread, I thought about this. Who would I root for if my beloved fins were to move to say LA. I couldn't follow them, just wouldn't have the heart. I guess in all honestly I would probably just not have a team, besides whoever was playing the Jests or Pats.
    Man that is tough, you think you would be able to stop following them completely if they move?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    13mademeafan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    394
    vCash:
    1719
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post

    Man that is tough, you think you would be able to stop following them completely if they move?
    If they went to LA, no question hell yes.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    DeeperImage's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    1,001
    vCash:
    1510
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not going to happen no matter how much people want it to happen but I will bite. I grew up rooting for the MIAMI Dolphins and would never root for any other team as long as they exist as the MIAMI DOLPHINS. My tie to the team goes beyond their location, it goes with the city I grew up in, the times I grew up in, not to mention the rivalries with the Jets, Bills, Pats, etc.

    If the team moved, they would not retain the name. You never want to associate your new business with a failing one, so a complete revamp would be in order. Since I've been in Atlanta for over 16 years now, and I go to to more Falcons games than Dolphins because of logistics, I would become a Falcons fan . It wouldn't be the same rooting for the LA DOLPHINS or whatever they became.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    12,780
    vCash:
    3054
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    If the Dolphins moved (and I too think it's very very unlikely to happen), then I might follow them...even to LA. I don't want them to move though, they will find success in Miami again soon enough.

    If you're talking about a complete dissolving of the team (which will never happen, IMO)....that's a tough one. The Chargers have always been a family favorite...or even the Giants just to piss off Jets fans.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,456
    vCash:
    120621
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Question, does the team remain the Dolphins in Los Angeles or does the city of Miami retain that name?

    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    669
    vCash:
    1410
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So long as the name and the records stay in Miami, my only response to Ross would be "don't let the door hit your a** on the way out of town" and good riddance.

    I may or may not root for another team until the Dolphins franchise is restored in Miami but I have no doubts that it would be (SoFla is a huge media market and it's still growing. If anything, another franchise would relocate to Miami if the Dolphins left). Cleveland and Houston got their teams back (and even Baltimore did eventually, although it sucks for them that they lost the Colts name); Miami would too.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    finjim's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,366
    vCash:
    2388
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as they are DOLPHINS, I will keep rooting for them. If they change the name, I will probably root for the Bucs or Bengals. Probably the Bengals since the Bucs are always blacked out!


    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Watch Mark buttfumble get a starting job somewhere next season and outplay Tannehill.
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    buttfumble would take the Bengals to the playoffs guaranteed. He would actually be a good fit for them. I think they could be a legit contender if they signed a good game manager type at QB who can get the ball downfield when the running game is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Sherman is a ****ing beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Jesus. I ALWAYS thought we could win with Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1660
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
    Not going to happen no matter how much people want it to happen but I will bite. I grew up rooting for the MIAMI Dolphins and would never root for any other team as long as they exist as the MIAMI DOLPHINS. My tie to the team goes beyond their location, it goes with the city I grew up in, the times I grew up in, not to mention the rivalries with the Jets, Bills, Pats, etc.

    If the team moved, they would not retain the name. You never want to associate your new business with a failing one, so a complete revamp would be in order. Since I've been in Atlanta for over 16 years now, and I go to to more Falcons games than Dolphins because of logistics, I would become a Falcons fan . It wouldn't be the same rooting for the LA DOLPHINS or whatever they became.
    The Dolphins franchise/logo/history won't move to LA. It would remain in Miami till someone buys the franchising rights again and brings back the Dolphins. Sort of like the Browns when they moved to Baltimore and then returned again. LA Dolphins doesn't even make sense, considering the geography of Los Angelas.

    Anyways my girlfriend and her family are 49ers fan so I do watch a lot of San Francisco games, I guess I'd follow them until the Dolphins are back. I don't think I would ever commit to them though, I'd just watch football in general honestly, I watch almost any college football game that is on even though I barely know any of the players on some of the games I watch.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    SuperMarksBros.'s Avatar
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2001
    Posts:
    6,485
    vCash:
    2531
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I root for my hometown teams. If they were to move, **** them.


    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM
  2. Something to root for...
    By Samphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 12:43 PM
  3. Who should I root against?
    By finswin56 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. Who do we root for?
    By Scrap in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 11:35 AM
  5. Who should we root for
    By AntMarino13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •