Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Who would you follow?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fins, wherever they go

16 69.57%
  • Another Florida Team

2 8.70%
  • Other

5 21.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you root for?

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who would you root for?

So god forbid that the fins ever leave Miami, I don't see it happening btw. But after reading a couple post on the latest logo thread, I thought about this. Who would I root for if my beloved fins were to move to say LA. I couldn't follow them, just wouldn't have the heart. I guess in all honestly I would probably just not have a team, besides whoever was playing the Jests or Pats.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Born in Fla but moved to Chicago when I was 2 and grew up here.
    I will follow the Dolphins wherever they go.
    Dolphins are my team, Chicago is my city lol.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 13mademeafan View Post
    So god forbid that the fins ever leave Miami, I don't see it happening btw. But after reading a couple post on the latest logo thread, I thought about this. Who would I root for if my beloved fins were to move to say LA. I couldn't follow them, just wouldn't have the heart. I guess in all honestly I would probably just not have a team, besides whoever was playing the Jests or Pats.
    Man that is tough, you think you would be able to stop following them completely if they move?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post

Man that is tough, you think you would be able to stop following them completely if they move?
    If they went to LA, no question hell yes.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not going to happen no matter how much people want it to happen but I will bite. I grew up rooting for the MIAMI Dolphins and would never root for any other team as long as they exist as the MIAMI DOLPHINS. My tie to the team goes beyond their location, it goes with the city I grew up in, the times I grew up in, not to mention the rivalries with the Jets, Bills, Pats, etc.

If the team moved, they would not retain the name. You never want to associate your new business with a failing one, so a complete revamp would be in order. Since I've been in Atlanta for over 16 years now, and I go to to more Falcons games than Dolphins because of logistics, I would become a Falcons fan . It wouldn't be the same rooting for the LA DOLPHINS or whatever they became.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    If the Dolphins moved (and I too think it's very very unlikely to happen), then I might follow them...even to LA. I don't want them to move though, they will find success in Miami again soon enough.

If you're talking about a complete dissolving of the team (which will never happen, IMO)....that's a tough one. The Chargers have always been a family favorite...or even the Giants just to piss off Jets fans.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Question, does the team remain the Dolphins in Los Angeles or does the city of Miami retain that name?

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So long as the name and the records stay in Miami, my only response to Ross would be "don't let the door hit your a** on the way out of town" and good riddance.

I may or may not root for another team until the Dolphins franchise is restored in Miami but I have no doubts that it would be (SoFla is a huge media market and it's still growing. If anything, another franchise would relocate to Miami if the Dolphins left). Cleveland and Houston got their teams back (and even Baltimore did eventually, although it sucks for them that they lost the Colts name); Miami would too.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    As long as they are DOLPHINS, I will keep rooting for them. If they change the name, I will probably root for the Bucs or Bengals. Probably the Bengals since the Bucs are always blacked out!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
    Not going to happen no matter how much people want it to happen but I will bite. I grew up rooting for the MIAMI Dolphins and would never root for any other team as long as they exist as the MIAMI DOLPHINS. My tie to the team goes beyond their location, it goes with the city I grew up in, the times I grew up in, not to mention the rivalries with the Jets, Bills, Pats, etc.

If the team moved, they would not retain the name. You never want to associate your new business with a failing one, so a complete revamp would be in order. Since I've been in Atlanta for over 16 years now, and I go to to more Falcons games than Dolphins because of logistics, I would become a Falcons fan . It wouldn't be the same rooting for the LA DOLPHINS or whatever they became.
    The Dolphins franchise/logo/history won't move to LA. It would remain in Miami till someone buys the franchising rights again and brings back the Dolphins. Sort of like the Browns when they moved to Baltimore and then returned again. LA Dolphins doesn't even make sense, considering the geography of Los Angelas.

Anyways my girlfriend and her family are 49ers fan so I do watch a lot of San Francisco games, I guess I'd follow them until the Dolphins are back. I don't think I would ever commit to them though, I'd just watch football in general honestly, I watch almost any college football game that is on even though I barely know any of the players on some of the games I watch.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I root for my hometown teams. If they were to move, **** them.
    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote