Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our 2012 Draft Class Talent vs. The Rest of The League

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    personally I don't think Miller is fully recovered from his shoulder injury. I don't think the coaches want to force him in there when he's not a hundred percent. I don't know if you've noticed but he has a huge wrap under his pads on his shoulder.
    VG point, and completely agree. That was the reason he fell to us. We shall see but, I could care less if he plays again this year IF it is because of giving his shoulder time to heal. He has shown us enough.

I HATE the fact that we have very limited info on players injuries. We pick on players like Dansby and Fasano not knowing that they are playing hurt. That has to bother the hell out of players in seeing Phans taking shots at their play without knowing what they are dealing with.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's why I'll never say a player sucks unless they do it on a yearly basis. You never know what they are dealing with. I've competed at a very high level of sports and sometimes I didn't perform my best. It wasn't because I sucked, it was just due to factors outside my control. Things happen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i havent seen Vernon do anything in the last few games .has he been hurt or demoted.i really like this kid and it would be great to see a U player ball
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    That's why I'll never say a player sucks unless they do it on a yearly basis. You never know what they are dealing with. I've competed at a very high level of sports and sometimes I didn't perform my best. It wasn't because I sucked, it was just due to factors outside my control. Things happen.
    Wrong. It was because you sucked.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The TD stat is misleading; the vast majority of our TD drives seem to end with runs into the endzone, which is kind-of a good thing because, in theory, it's a safer play. When you can run it in you somewhat punch a hole in the D's ego for a moment. Tanny could have, in all likelihood, about the same # of passing tds as INTS but we ran it in.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Yea it's all kinda sad.
    Tannehill was a project/gamble, we knew that; it's just a shame he hasn't played as well as guys picked way behind him like Wilson, who was also a risk.

Just as a rule I give any TEs, WRs, and DBs (not picked in 1st rd) two nfl seasons to get it together; the game is really different at those positions.

The RB bit bothers me the most - i just don't get how we pick Miller where we did (for his talent) and then not play him.
    In all fairness Darrell Bevell has done a fantastic job in Seattle. Wilson is really benefiting from his play calling. Seattle also have a solid run game which certainly helps.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    In all fairness Darrell Bevell has done a fantastic job in Seattle. Wilson is really benefiting from his play calling. Seattle also have a solid run game which certainly helps.
    I love the RT pick, and believe he is gonna be VG. We can make many reasons/excuses on why he only has 7 TD's, like the OL and surrounding talent, which is fair. However, I am a bit disappointed in his not making plays when he had the opportunity to do so. Hopefully, this will come next year or, maybe even in the next 4 games.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tannehill and martin have been solid vernons got potential as a pass rusher but i don't know that he'll be consistent enough with it miller needs to be a major contributor next year and maybe win the starting job in camp or i'm gonna label that pick egnew well all i can say is thank god charles clay has developed his game this season otherwise we'd have nothing...kaddu looks like a career specials guy i see no every down lb upside there randall looks like a rotational dt and a last guy on the 53 i've seen nothing to think he has all that much upside going forward...

pretty much a class of tannehill martin miller mathews and vernon showing as the only guys who's upside i'd be all that excited about...i bet miller has the staff pulling their hair out over how slow he's picked things up...

i believe mathews can play in this league and i expect him to contribute in 2013...if not the last few weeks of this season
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Passing on T.Y. Hilton to pick up Egnew in the 3rd was a mistake. The offense would be much better with Hilton, both this season and into the future especially.
    That's what irked me. Even I can pick that one. I was posting in the draft forum when we took Egnew and bemoaned that we left TY Hilton on the board.

Hilton was a sure thing. Egnew might develop but you've got to be careful about getting carried away with college tight ends who benefit from a favorable system. I've noted that for more than 30 years. College defenses simply don't cover the middle of the field in the 10-20 yard range. Very few exceptions, particularly outside the cream of the SEC. It's one of the glaring differences in college and pro football.

That's one of the reasons I'm annoyed the Canes have neglected the tight end under Fisch, until late this season when Walford got some action. The Canes for more than two decades exploited the center field weakness in college football by running aggressive darts over the middle, off I formation play action. It felt like stealing then we got away from it.

I've been wrong about plenty of college tight ends, beginning with Tony Hunter who I thought would be a potential Hall of Fame player. Not until I looked at some tapes of college center field alongside pro center field did I begin to doubt some of the fringe collegiate tight ends.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    That's what irked me. Even I can pick that one. I was posting in the draft forum when we took Egnew and bemoaned that we left TY Hilton on the board.

Hilton was a sure thing. Egnew might develop but you've got to be careful about getting carried away with college tight ends who benefit from a favorable system. I've noted that for more than 30 years. College defenses simply don't cover the middle of the field in the 10-20 yard range. Very few exceptions, particularly outside the cream of the SEC. It's one of the glaring differences in college and pro football.

That's one of the reasons I'm annoyed the Canes have neglected the tight end under Fisch, until late this season when Walford got some action. The Canes for more than two decades exploited the center field weakness in college football by running aggressive darts over the middle, off I formation play action. It felt like stealing then we got away from it.

I've been wrong about plenty of college tight ends, beginning with Tony Hunter who I thought would be a potential Hall of Fame player. Not until I looked at some tapes of college center field alongside pro center field did I begin to doubt some of the fringe collegiate tight ends.
    There are 32 GM's, with hundreds of others helping them, who do this for a living for many a year who cannot say any player is a "sure thing." Can we be serious?
    Quote Quote