Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: ESPN Concerning Stat: Phins vs. QBs outside the Pocket

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

SHEESH ESPN Concerning Stat: Phins vs. QBs outside the Pocket

So i listen to a daily ESPN Podcast and they were discussing Kaepernick vs. the Dolphins, they mentioned our great run defense but poorly ranked secondary, however the more concerning stat was that....

VS. Mobile QBs or QBs outside the pocket in general, the Dolphins are the 2nd worst team in the NFL in terms of total QBR allowed.

We all know Miami has struggled against mobile QBs as long as we can remeber, however I just simply want to know why, Miami has struggled vs TE's a lot in recent years however this year they seem to have it under control for the most part, except Hernandez last week, I believe they have allowed only 1 TD to a TE all season

So... if the TE problem can be somewhat fixed, what is the ultimate solution for their issues vs Mobile QBs and QBs outside the pocket?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thanks for all the great discussion and answers....

as usual the only active threads on this board are negative talk about our own players...... or the jets
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Juck the Fets
    I just want to win.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering the streak the Pats offense was on our D did pretty good. We just lost our mind on the final drive.

You know the part of the movie when the coach gives the inspirational speech and the team comes out and kick ass.

We didnt do that.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Personally, I think we beat the 49'ers this week. I think Kaepernick doesn't have a good game, & after 2 straight games in which he's struggled, the Alex Smith vs. Kaepernick controversy will be one of the top sports stories on ESPN come Monday.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard and interview on WQAM with Mike Lombardi (I think) a while back after someone had posted it on here and I think it hits the nail on head here.

The Phins have a slow defense. Lombardi was talking specifically about why we dont get a lot of turnovers, but I think the theory also applies here. Once a QB breaks the pocket all hell breaks loose and we cant seem to recover fast enough.

Now I dont know if it is exactly due to lack of personnel speed or the players ability to read and react.

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Personally, I think we beat the 49'ers this week. I think Kaepernick doesn't have a good game, & after 2 straight games in which he's struggled, the Alex Smith vs. Kaepernick controversy will be one of the top sports stories on ESPN come Monday.

Hope ur right buddy. We def have a chance given that we can stop the run really well and the 49ers offense is based on play action. We need def stop the run and make them 1 dimensional more than ever.
    Last edited by foozool13; 12-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    ______________ ________________
    *********Here's what happened the last time we traded for a Coach ******************* Lets do it again!! *************
    Quote Quote