Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The answer to the GM issue.

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM The answer to the GM issue.

Problem solved-
    Ross fires Ireland, promotes Philbin to GM duies as well as HC. Ross also agrees to let Philbin hire his choice as an asst. (Asst. from GB?) to him, taking some menial work off Joe. Joe has final say.

Philbin will then build his team through the draft with his asst. and heavy doses of input from Sherman and Coyle.

Your'e all welcome. Haha!

Seriously, why can't this work??

"I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan.."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't have the official statistics or whatnot, but historically, the Head Coach and General Manager titles for one person doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I don't have an issue with that. However, I would promote Brian Gaine. I think he is happens to be a rising star. Don't let him get away.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Absolutely not.

Very few are good at the role and Philbin can barely handle his first HC duties right now. Let's not add more to his plate.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Remember after Pioli left for KC and Bill Belichick took over more of the player personnel decisions NE drafting and FA signings haven't been that impressive, outside of Gronkowski of course. It is just too much responsibility for one guy to come up with a game plan and work the waiver wire at the same time. You need a great group of decision makers collaborating and making these tough choices. I think this last years draft, the first with Philbin was a very strong one so far for Ireland. Aside from Egnew we got great value in all the rounds.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If it's not in the cards, then I understand. Hopefully, the coaches and ireland can work together this draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Elliot Wolf "the answer"

Eliot Wolf enters his ninth season with the Packers and first as the director of pro personnel after being promoted on May 23, 2012. Prior to his current role, Wolf spent the 2011 season as the team’s assistant director of player personnel and the previous three seasons as assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010).

Originally named as a pro personnel assistant on Feb. 26, 2004, by then-General Manager/Head Coach Mike Sherman, Wolf spent four seasons in that position.
    Currently the youngest pro personnel director in the NFL, his primary duties include scouting teams in the NFL and in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents. Wolf also is involved with college scouting during the season and is very active in the Packers draft.
    The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.

He’s also worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships — five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.
    Those internships and prior “unofficial” experiences have provided significant knowledge. Wolf, for example, is familiar with the history of every NFL player, having prepared Packers’ details for every draft since 1993.
    The 30-year-old Wolf filed his first report at age 14 for the Falcons, and has provided valuable information for the Packers’ pro personnel department during previous internships.

Wolf owns a B.A. degree in creative writing from the University of Miami (Fla.), graduating in December 2003 after just 3½ years in order to begin his NFL career before the 2004 NFL Draft. At Miami, he volunteered in the football office’s recruiting department. Wolf is a 2000 high school graduate of Green Bay’s Notre Dame Academy.
    Born March 21, 1982, in Oakland, Calif., Wolf is single and resides in De Pere, Wis. He enjoys traveling and spending time with friends and family.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    terrible idea.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

a GM has to be smart with the business aspect, you have talent evaluators for input on players.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UPFinFan View Post
    terrible idea.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

a GM has to be smart with the business aspect, you have talent evaluators for input on players.
    How have our talent evaluators worked out the last decade
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UPFinFan View Post
    terrible idea.

Any idea what Jeff Ireland's jobs were before he became GM here

1992–93

1994–1996

1997–2000

2001–2004
    2005–2007
    North Texas
    Special Teams
    NFL Scouting Combine
    Scout
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Scout