Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Despite the draft selection of first-round quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who looks like a potential franchise guy for the next decade, Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland continues to take heat from some of the local media. While Ireland's first four years on the job weren't great, logic would dictate that he should be allowed to see out the plan for surrounding Tannehill with talent. To fire Ireland at this point could actually hurt the long-term plan with Tannehill. That said, Ireland faces a critical offseason. Although he's armed with approximately $50 million in cap room, Ireland has tough decisions to make on players such as Jake Long, Sean Smith and Randy Starks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While Ireland's first four years on the job weren't great, logic would dictate that he should be allowed to see out the plan for surrounding Tannehill with talent.
    What? How exactly would logic dictate that? He screwed up for years on end so give him another year to screw up?

Someone needs to send Cole a dictionary, the man clearly doesnt understand what "logic" means.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

We are seriously lacking playmakers on this team. I am not up for giving Ireland another year.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No wonder Hank Goldberg used to rip Cole on a daily basis...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    What? How exactly would logic dictate that? He screwed up for years on end so give him another year to screw up?

Someone needs to send Cole a dictionary, the man clearly doesnt understand what "logic" means.
    You have got to remember that there are very few in the media that think favorably of the franchise. If you ask me there is a an inherent bias against this team. You can see that by the way they trashed us at the first of the year and after we started to win games you did not hear a peep from them. In my estimation, they do not want people to realize the morons they are and when he writes this crap it comes from a deep desire to see us fail.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    You have got to remember that there are very few in the media that think favorably of the franchise. If you ask me there is a an inherent bias against this team. You can see that by the way they trashed us at the first of the year and after we started to win games you did not hear a peep from them. In my estimation, they do not want people to realize the morons they are and when he writes this crap it comes from a deep desire to see us fail.
    I meant it more literal. The writer wrote that Ireland hasnt done a good job and then states "logic dictates" he keep his job. That makes no sense.

That would be like writing an article about personal health and including a sentence that says "While you might be diabetic, logic dictates you eat a batch of cookies". I mean, come on...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know Jason Cole's bitter and feels resentment towards Miami, but I didn't know he hated us this much. Too far, Cole.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I meant it more literal. The writer wrote that Ireland hasnt done a good job and then states "logic dictates" he keep his job. That makes no sense.

That would be like writing an article about personal health and including a sentence that says "While you might be diabetic, logic dictates you eat a batch of cookies". I mean, come on...
    I realize I was the one roundly ripped by you and your cohort for a similar statement, so let me answer. I believe what Mr. Cole is saying is similar to the argument that I made. Since being retained after the regime change, Ireland was essentially given a clean slate with Mr. Ross. As part of that, he was given the time to institute a new plan - one that involved a rookie QB. All the moves made last offseason pointed to that. From that standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to blow it all up after an average season. Love it or hate it, Ireland counts as part of the new regime, even as difficult as that is to accept.

I have stated I am not the biggest Ireland fan. I honestly wouldn't care if he is gone after the season, but I also am not going to flip out if he is retained, because he isn't a Matt Millen level failure. I just have accepted te reality of the situation. There aren't many scenarios left that would lead to Ireland's departure short of losing out in embarassing blowout fashion.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I realize I was the one roundly ripped by you and your cohort for a similar statement, so let me answer. I believe what Mr. Cole is saying is similar to the argument that I made. Since being retained after the regime change, Ireland was essentially given a clean slate with Mr. Ross. As part of that, he was given the time to institute a new plan - one that involved a rookie QB. All the moves made last offseason pointed to that. From that standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to blow it all up after an average season. Love it or hate it, Ireland counts as part of the new regime, even as difficult as that is to accept.

I have stated I am not the biggest Ireland fan. I honestly wouldn't care if he is gone after the season, but I also am not going to flip out if he is retained, because he isn't a Matt Millen level failure. I just have accepted te reality of the situation. There aren't many scenarios left that would lead to Ireland's departure short of losing out in embarassing blowout fashion.
    Still much appreciate all the evidence you have provided, in 2 threads now.

If Cole wants Ireland to stay because hes a very pretty man, then fair enough. Saying someone has done a bad job then immediately saying "logic dictates you keep him" is actually illogical. Thats been my point. Had he structured the sentence differently or made his point in a less ironic fashion, i doubt i would have posted in this thread.

Keep on keeping on with reality.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ugh it never ends.. The fact is Ireland should never have even got a shot at drafting Tannehill.. now were supposed to accept the fact that Tannehill dictates whether he stays or goes? Ridiculous.
    Quote Quote