Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

  1. -41
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    3,720
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that a new gm might come with stipulations he hires his own head coach.
    Id have to do some research on new gms being hired and coaching staffs remaining in place i guess.

    My post wasnt an excuse for jack ****. Yea, ross hired philbin. He also didnt fire ireland, and that was even with
    Planes flying overhead with signs begging him to do so.
    philbin would be the one picking the gm, no worrys there bud. I dont think the guy he picks is going to turn around and fire the guy who gave him a job? lol
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,416
    vCash:
    7626
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Bill Polian would make me do cartwheels. Bring Chris while you are it. Who cares?
    Chris Polian is a train wreck. He ran the organization into the ground. Drove away the good scouts. Was divisive behind the scenes. Most importantly, his work was brutal. Their drafts were straight up terrible as his input escalated. Anthony Gonzalez. Donald Brown. Tony Ugoh. Marlin Jackson. That speed pass rusher who they took in the first round. That is alot of high draft picks. Way too many. Worse than Ireland by a long shot. Look at this research by Bob Kravitz who follows the Colts closely for the Indianapolis Star. Chris was so bad that Irsay was willing to get rid of Bill just so Chris wouldn't run the Colts anymore. Great example why nepotism is stupid.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-colts/
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    5,217
    vCash:
    3676
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Chris Polian is a train wreck. He ran the organization into the ground. Drove away the good scouts. Was divisive behind the scenes. Most importantly, his work was brutal. Their drafts were straight up terrible as his input escalated. Anthony Gonzalez. Donald Brown. Tony Ugoh. Marlin Jackson. That speed pass rusher who they took in the first round. That is alot of high draft picks. Way too many. Worse than Ireland by a long shot. Look at this research by Bob Kravitz who follows the Colts closely for the Indianapolis Star. Chris was so bad that Irsay was willing to get rid of Bill just so Chris wouldn't run the Colts anymore. Great example why nepotism is stupid.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-colts/
    Sadly, name recognition is what drives most here. Regardless of why said person was fired to begin with.

    ---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    philbin would be the one picking the gm, no worrys there bud. I dont think the guy he picks is going to turn around and fire the guy who gave him a job? lol
    And what to date will determine Philbin having this much power? Logic?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    19,933
    vCash:
    37001
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    If Bill Polian is around so be it
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    19,933
    vCash:
    37001
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Finally, regarding Chris Polian, I bet if a healthy Peyton Manning was under Center last year, he would have been a successful executive.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    18,937
    vCash:
    19349
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Finally, regarding Chris Polian, I bet if a healthy Peyton Manning was under Center last year, he would have been a successful executive.
    Ummm.. A good QB masks a team's deficiencies. If a team without Peyton Manning at QB becomes a ONE WIN team it would appear that it wasn't set up with good talent. By that token, you would have to consider Ireland a vastly superior GM to Chris Polian since his team without Peyton Manning at QB posted respectable "mediocre" records compared to the "atrocious" records posted by Polian's Manning-less roster.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    19,933
    vCash:
    37001
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Ummm.. A good QB masks a team's deficiencies. If a team without Peyton Manning at QB becomes a ONE WIN team it would appear that it wasn't set up with good talent. By that token, you would have to consider Ireland a vastly superior GM to Chris Polian since his team without Peyton Manning at QB posted respectable "mediocre" records compared to the "atrocious" records posted by Polian's Manning-less roster.
    I do not really want to argue about Chris Polian. My point is I would take Bill in a second to run the Fins.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    johngarry's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    3,116
    vCash:
    6991
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

    who? yes I know the yahoo thing, but… who?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    1,526
    vCash:
    8732
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    You have got to remember that there are very few in the media that think favorably of the franchise. If you ask me there is a an inherent bias against this team. You can see that by the way they trashed us at the first of the year and after we started to win games you did not hear a peep from them. In my estimation, they do not want people to realize the morons they are and when he writes this crap it comes from a deep desire to see us fail.
    This has to be the only reason Cole said what he said. They all say the Dolphins have no playmakers. Well, who's responsible for the team's lack of playmakers? Let's see, it says here Jeff Ireland. I dare Stephen Ross to bring Ireland back another year. They will see at least 5 home games blacked out, and an even lower TV rating than they have been getting this season.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. WTF Jason Cole? (Ireland related)
    By roy_miami in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM
  2. Jason Cole on WQAM..thinks Dolphins are in talks with KC for Bowe
    By Dolfan3773 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 01:13 PM
  3. Replies: 151
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 06:31 PM
  4. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •