Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

1. -41
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that a new gm might come with stipulations he hires his own head coach.
    Id have to do some research on new gms being hired and coaching staffs remaining in place i guess.

My post wasnt an excuse for jack ****. Yea, ross hired philbin. He also didnt fire ireland, and that was even with
    Planes flying overhead with signs begging him to do so.
    philbin would be the one picking the gm, no worrys there bud. I dont think the guy he picks is going to turn around and fire the guy who gave him a job? lol
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Bill Polian would make me do cartwheels. Bring Chris while you are it. Who cares?
    Chris Polian is a train wreck. He ran the organization into the ground. Drove away the good scouts. Was divisive behind the scenes. Most importantly, his work was brutal. Their drafts were straight up terrible as his input escalated. Anthony Gonzalez. Donald Brown. Tony Ugoh. Marlin Jackson. That speed pass rusher who they took in the first round. That is alot of high draft picks. Way too many. Worse than Ireland by a long shot. Look at this research by Bob Kravitz who follows the Colts closely for the Indianapolis Star. Chris was so bad that Irsay was willing to get rid of Bill just so Chris wouldn't run the Colts anymore. Great example why nepotism is stupid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-colts/
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Chris Polian is a train wreck. He ran the organization into the ground. Drove away the good scouts. Was divisive behind the scenes. Most importantly, his work was brutal. Their drafts were straight up terrible as his input escalated. Anthony Gonzalez. Donald Brown. Tony Ugoh. Marlin Jackson. That speed pass rusher who they took in the first round. That is alot of high draft picks. Way too many. Worse than Ireland by a long shot. Look at this research by Bob Kravitz who follows the Colts closely for the Indianapolis Star. Chris was so bad that Irsay was willing to get rid of Bill just so Chris wouldn't run the Colts anymore. Great example why nepotism is stupid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-colts/
    Sadly, name recognition is what drives most here. Regardless of why said person was fired to begin with.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    philbin would be the one picking the gm, no worrys there bud. I dont think the guy he picks is going to turn around and fire the guy who gave him a job? lol
    And what to date will determine Philbin having this much power? Logic?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    If Bill Polian is around so be it
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finally, regarding Chris Polian, I bet if a healthy Peyton Manning was under Center last year, he would have been a successful executive.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Finally, regarding Chris Polian, I bet if a healthy Peyton Manning was under Center last year, he would have been a successful executive.
    Ummm.. A good QB masks a team's deficiencies. If a team without Peyton Manning at QB becomes a ONE WIN team it would appear that it wasn't set up with good talent. By that token, you would have to consider Ireland a vastly superior GM to Chris Polian since his team without Peyton Manning at QB posted respectable "mediocre" records compared to the "atrocious" records posted by Polian's Manning-less roster.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Ummm.. A good QB masks a team's deficiencies. If a team without Peyton Manning at QB becomes a ONE WIN team it would appear that it wasn't set up with good talent. By that token, you would have to consider Ireland a vastly superior GM to Chris Polian since his team without Peyton Manning at QB posted respectable "mediocre" records compared to the "atrocious" records posted by Polian's Manning-less roster.
    I do not really want to argue about Chris Polian. My point is I would take Bill in a second to run the Fins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

who? yes I know the yahoo thing, but… who?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    You have got to remember that there are very few in the media that think favorably of the franchise. If you ask me there is a an inherent bias against this team. You can see that by the way they trashed us at the first of the year and after we started to win games you did not hear a peep from them. In my estimation, they do not want people to realize the morons they are and when he writes this crap it comes from a deep desire to see us fail.
    This has to be the only reason Cole said what he said. They all say the Dolphins have no playmakers. Well, who's responsible for the team's lack of playmakers? Let's see, it says here Jeff Ireland. I dare Stephen Ross to bring Ireland back another year. They will see at least 5 home games blacked out, and an even lower TV rating than they have been getting this season.
    Quote Quote