Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    So long as the coaching staff stays in place, I personally couldnt give 2 ****s as to whether or not Ireland stays on.
    Keeping the coaching staff intact will be a huge this offseason. Though I do worry that guys like Sherman and Rizzi will be up for head coaching jobs at the college level.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    lol, now you are accusing the OP of being a pro-Ireland person just because they posted the news? Would you prefer no one posts news/reports/opinions like this because it is not "good news" in your opinion? Like I said, I really don't care if Ireland is back or not, but I also prefer not to live my life with my head in the sand. There is absolutely no reason to bash FinHeaven members or make accusations just because they posted an article or news story about the Dolphins on this forum that you don't like. If you wish to live with your head in the sand, I recommend you don't open these type of threads. Chances are, more like this will be coming up over the next few weeks.
    what for? accoring to you and omar he is a lock to come back so whats the point to keep posting this stuff? This guy has been here for 5 years and we dont have 1 playmaker on offense from any of his drafts dude, what in the world would make anyone want this dude back is beyond me. Like tedslimmjr says, the ppl that want him back deserve him. When we are at the same place next year, no playmakers and more cornfed lineup you are going to seriously regret keeping him. Oh and lets not forget the empty seats, they will just keep clearing out with this guy here. That i can state as a fact. He is running everyone out of that stadium, a once packed stadium with crazy noise.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    what for? accoring to you and omar he is a lock to come back so whats the point to keep posting this stuff? This guy has been here for 5 years and we dont have 1 playmaker on offense from any of his drafts dude, what in the world would make anyone want this dude back is beyond me. Like tedslimmjr says, the ppl that want him back deserve him. When we are at the same place next year, no playmakers and more cornfed lineup you are going to seriously regret keeping him. Oh and lets not forget the empty seats, they will just keep clearing out with this guy here. That i can state as a fact. He is running everyone out of that stadium, a once packed stadium with crazy noise.
    Omar said he was a lock, I said likely. Likely as in not 100% certain but very close to it. Reading the tea leaves and understanding what is LIKELY to happen doesn't make someone an Ireland lover. Sometimes seeing things as they are is better than letting raw emotions make decisions for you. Ireland is very likely to be the GM in 2013, and that is where we stand right now. Ireland not being the GM in 2013 would be a major upset at this point. That is the reality, and that is why Omar, Armando and Cole have gone on record this week to basically back up that notion.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The primary job of the GM is to find talent that fits the coaching staff's philosophy. Ireland was brought here by BP and Sparano was the HC. His job was to find talent to fit that system.
    BP obviously did not value the QB position and liked the bigger more physical type of team.
    Sparano shared that philosophy so what was Ireland to do? Draft contrary to what his boss and HC wanted? He would have been fired on the spot.
    He is now working with Philbin and his focus is likely on players that fit what Philbin wants. That is why I don't feel his status is that important. He did well this past draft as he drafted for value and not need.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Keeping the coaching staff intact will be a huge this offseason. Though I do worry that guys like Sherman and Rizzi will be up for head coaching jobs at the college level.
    Sherman is one year removed from getting fired from a second tier Big 12 school he isn't going anywhere.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Sherman is one year removed from getting fired from a second tier Big 12 school he isn't going anywhere.
    I agree, he probably isn't going anywhere, but he is one of those guys you need to keep an eye on every year. Even after being fired by Texas A&M he was still a finalist for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coaching job, so there may be some colleges out there they would want him.

Rizzi is another one because he has been a college head coach before and his name was tossed around last offseason for the Rutgers job.

Other than those two, I am not sure who else on the current staff would be up for promotions with other teams. Coyle is probably still another year from even entering the conversation.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I agree, he probably isn't going anywhere, but he is one of those guys you need to keep an eye on every year. Even after being fired by Texas A&M he was still a finalist for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coaching job, so there may be some colleges out there they would want him.

Rizzi is another one because he has been a college head coach before and his name was tossed around last offseason for the Rutgers job.

Other than those two, I am not sure who else on the current staff would be up for promotions with other teams. Coyle is probably still another year from even entering the conversation.
    Meh I am in the Tampa area the interest was blown out of proportion by the media. If memory serves me correct they really wanted Zimmer he backed out and they hired Schiano out of no where. I'm not really sure our staff is at the point of drawing attention for coaching positions at this point. You could make a argument for Rizzi, but there have been some back breaking plays given up by his unit. I think until they build a winner the staff is closer to being replaced then cherry picked!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure how we are supposed to buy that firing Ireland hurts Tannehill when presumably Philbin and Sherman would remain.

Reality is whoever is brought in to replace Ireland would be a Tannehill buyer, e.g. Bill Polian.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Meh I am in the Tampa area the interest was blown out of proportion by the media. If memory serves me correct they really wanted Zimmer he backed out and they hired Schiano out of no where. I'm not really sure our staff is at the point of drawing attention for coaching positions at this point. You could make a argument for Rizzi, but there have been some back breaking plays given up by his unit. I think until they build a winner the staff is closer to being replaced then cherry picked!
    You might be right that the Sherman/Buccaneers interest was more hype than substance. Chip Kelly was who backed out on the Buccaneers at the last minute.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Be careful what you wish for. A gm change may result in a coaching staff change. You just never know.
    Imo, an argument can be made both pro and con when it comes to ireland.
    As fans we just get to sit and watch it all unfold, and life goes on.
    Quote Quote