Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Cole thinks firing Ireland would be a mistake

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What Jason Cole is saying makes no sense at all. He's saying that Ireland needs a chance to built around Tannehill but I guess he's forgetting to say that Ireland is the one who traded away Marshall but didn't replave him. Ireland didn't draft a WR till the 6th round. Sorry but he's have 5 years and all of a sudden Ireland will get the players we need? What does it take for some people to see this guy sucks? Look, I've never met the guy so I have nothing personal against him. I just don't believe he's a good GM and I don't trust that he'll get the free agents we need and I don't trust him with the draft either. 5 picks in the first 3 round and someone else should be making those picks and for those that will say that Ireland got us those picks, he got those cause he messed up in the first place. We have an extra 3rd thanks to the fact HE traded away 2 #2's to get Marshall and in return got 2 3rd's.....we have an extra 2nd thanks to the fact HE used a 1st on Davis but got a 2nd in return so don't you dare start giving him credit for those 2 extra picks.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. A gm change may result in a coaching staff change. You just never know.
    Imo, an argument can be made both pro and con when it comes to ireland.
    As fans we just get to sit and watch it all unfold, and life goes on.
    nonsense. Thats just an excuse to keep ireland. Ross hired philbin, ross did not hire ireland. Philbin is safe, ireland isnt.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Nicolas View Post

See this is how most logical people from the outside looking in see the situation.

Unfortunately, our beat writers are Drama Queens w/ no perspective. That rubs off on to the fans, who also need to have a witch hunt after every season.

I hope Ross continues to stick with Ireland because it would be the best move for this organization.
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    nonsense. Thats just an excuse to keep ireland. Ross hired philbin, ross did not hire ireland. Philbin is safe, ireland isnt.
    Doesnt change the fact that a new gm might come with stipulations he hires his own head coach.
    Id have to do some research on new gms being hired and coaching staffs remaining in place i guess.

My post wasnt an excuse for jack ****. Yea, ross hired philbin. He also didnt fire ireland, and that was even with
    Planes flying overhead with signs begging him to do so.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'm not sure how we are supposed to buy that firing Ireland hurts Tannehill when presumably Philbin and Sherman would remain.

Reality is whoever is brought in to replace Ireland would be a Tannehill buyer, e.g. Bill Polian.
    Bill Polian would make me do cartwheels. Bring Chris while you are it. Who cares?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doesnt change the fact that a new gm might come with stipulations he hires his own head coach.
    Id have to do some research on new gms being hired and coaching staffs remaining in place i guess.

My post wasnt an excuse for jack ****. Yea, ross hired philbin. He also didnt fire ireland, and that was even with
    Planes flying overhead with signs begging him to do so.
    You canít fire a general manager or else you will lose your coach.

Iíve already established that Ireland played, at best, little role in hiring Philbin. Yet, people will undoubtedly go on believing that Ross will fire his handpicked head coach after a single season. So, to that effect, here is a list of General Managers hired after the head coach was hired:

Rick Smith hired June 5, 2006. Gary Kubiak hired January 26, 2006.
    Jerry Reese hired 2007. Tom Coughlin hired January 6, 2004.
    Kevin Colbert hired 2000. Bill Cowher hired 1992.
    Randy Mueller, hired June 6, 2005. Nick Saban hired December 25, 2004
    Ozzie Newsome, hired November 22, 2002. Brian Billick hired January 19, 1999.
    Ted Thompson, hired 2005. Mike Sherman hired 2000.

As you can see, some of the more talented and respected general managers (Öoh and that other guy, Mueller) were hired after their coaches were on the team. Multiple general managers I listed are still on their respective teams and the coaches stayed for numerous years before any changes were made. From that list only Mike Sherman was fired after a single season though this was due to him accumulating one of the worst season records in franchise history. I chose those examples because of the diversity of situations. Every situation is different, which is my point. I find it hard to believe Ross would allow someone to fire his handpicked head coach.
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...ndex&highlight=

I really need to make that thread my sig, the fallacies i addressed seem to be coming back out of the wood work.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Be careful what you wish for. A gm change may result in a coaching staff change. You just never know.
    Imo, an argument can be made both pro and con when it comes to ireland.
    As fans we just get to sit and watch it all unfold, and life goes on.
    Ross made a frankenstein regime last offseason what is to say he wouldn't do it again? I think you'll all in likely see a promotion from under Ireland or someone that worked with Philbin in Green Bay.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    lol, now you are accusing the OP of being a pro-Ireland person just because they posted the news? Would you prefer no one posts news/reports/opinions like this because it is not "good news" in your opinion? Like I said, I really don't care if Ireland is back or not, but I also prefer not to live my life with my head in the sand. There is absolutely no reason to bash FinHeaven members or make accusations just because they posted an article or news story about the Dolphins on this forum that you don't like. If you wish to live with your head in the sand, I recommend you don't open these type of threads. Chances are, more like this will be coming up over the next few weeks.
    This isn't exactly news, it's an opinion. Usually when i use opinions it's either to bolster or weaken a position that seems to be up for debate. Not saying you or anyone else views it in the same manner, but when i see someone post an opinion from a media source for/against Ireland i tend to believe that's the position they take, unless they dismiss it in their own comments.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Coles fortune isn't tied to the dolphins, steve ross's is.
    Is
    Cole isn't feeling the pinch or facing the rather of the fans with all the empty seats.

Ireland's inability over 4 years to build a winning roster is why the team is week and the stadium is empty.

Cole sounds smitten
    LIFE BEHIND BARS!!

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not one of the Ireland homers, but I also don't think he has done a bad job either. I am convinced that he will be here at least one more year. But I will go on record and make a prediction. One year after Jeff is gone half the fans on this site who hate Jeff will realize we are better off now than with his replacement. There are very few great GMs and nobody is letting them go. There are many TERRIBLE GMs and I can assure you if there is a TERRIBLE GM to be found, Ross will be the man to find him. I say there is a 90% chance that if we get rid of Ireland, we will downgrade the position.
    Quote Quote