Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sad day for disability rights as a treaty fails

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Sometimes leadership is about symbolism. Its about setting an example for others to follow. You ask "how this would have helped", realistically it wouldnt. They are adopting our standard for care. While its nothing new for us, its something new for some of the others.
    If they're adopting our standard then apparently we already set the example. We didn't need a UN treaty to create and enforce these laws.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I missed where this would do anything for the ADA laws we already have in place. Another case of symbolism being more important than substance to some maybe?
    It wouldn't have affected us at all. It was our ADA law which is being given to the world as an example. And we did not give the support to own ideas. Like I said a couple decades ago we would have been filled with pride. But your statement is an indication how far as a society we have sunk. It is me...me...me....

But I am sure the same people who voted against it will vote for military action anywhere in this world to expand Christianity and eradicate people who think differently from us.

The Republican party has shown once again that they have no interest in real politics. Stupidity and extremism wins once again.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL..answering my question with a question is the ultimate non starter. Leadership demands substance, and if anything has less substance than UN resolutions and treaties, i'd love to know what it is.
    Again, this would not have done a thing to help our wounded vets, and good intentions do nothing for wounded vets across the globe. The UN would be better served getting Syria to not kill its own people than throwing out propoganda like this
    UN Security Council Resolution 1441 disagrees with you.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    UN Security Council Resolution 1441 disagrees with you.
    Really? How do resolutions 1 - 1440 feel about it?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL..answering my question with a question is the ultimate non starter. Leadership demands substance, and if anything has less substance than UN resolutions and treaties, i'd love to know what it is.
    Again, this would not have done a thing to help our wounded vets, and good intentions do nothing for wounded vets across the globe. The UN would be better served getting Syria to not kill its own people than throwing out propoganda like this
    I literally answered your question. Im not sure how you missed it.

You ask "how this would have helped", realistically it wouldnt. They are adopting our standard for care.
    Try and read better in the future. Nice attempt to dodge my question though.

Anyways, the substance is already there. We have the laws in place and we have shown they can work. What more do you want? We've lead the way and shown the world how it can help. Mission accomplished.

I find it hilarious that people are actually arguing against being apart of a standard of care(that we created) worldwide. The reason for this opposition? To fulfill a delusion of lack of leadership. The mental gymnastics have been fun to watch lately.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I literally answered your question. Im not sure how you missed it.

Try and read better in the future. Nice attempt to dodge my question though.

Anyways, the substance is already there. We have the laws in place and we have shown they can work. What more do you want? We've lead the way and shown the world how it can help. Mission accomplished.

I find it hilarious that people are actually arguing against being apart of a standard of care(that we created) worldwide. The reason for this opposition? To fulfill a delusion of lack of leadership. The mental gymnastics have been fun to watch lately.
    My reading and comprehension are fine pal, although asking me to decipher your half thoughts is a little tedious.
    We are already a part of standard care worldwide when the world adopts OUR standard. Did you conveniently forget the treaty is modeled after our own ADA?

Again...style over substance. Thats why people fall for the BS pols spoonfeed you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really? How do resolutions 1 - 1440 feel about it?
    Annoyed you don't know anything about them, I'd guess.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Annoyed you don't know anything about them, I'd guess.
    Well, at least they have you as their sympathetic and ardent admirer
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My reading and comprehension are fine pal, although asking me to decipher your half thoughts is a little tedious.
    We are already a part of standard care worldwide when the world adopts OUR standard. Did you conveniently forget the treaty is modeled after our own ADA?

Again...style over substance. Thats why people fall for the BS pols spoonfeed you.
    Outstanding. Its outstanding that you praised your reading comprehension 1 sentence before repeating (while completely oblivious that it was the point i was making) exactly what i said.

Allow me to break this down for my own amusement. My post:

They are adopting our standard for care.
    Your post:

We are already a part of standard care worldwide when the world adopts OUR standard.
    Just to funny.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, we agree.....there was no need for us to ratify a treaty we are the model for, because it in no way shape or form affect how we do things.

BRILLIANT!!!!
    Quote Quote