Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What stores do you miss that are not around anymore?

1. -11
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Valandui and Walrus both said the exact things I was going to say. There are no more record stores with the emergence of the download culture. It's not fiscally smart to carry thousands of CDs when most people just download it off of iTunes for 10 bucks. But more than that, I miss arcades. Damn were those some good times. One of my favorite childhood memories was being 12 years old and having something like a 15 game win streak on Mortal Kombat. Everyone was so frustrated that no one could beat me that they all cheered when some kid finally strolled up and did it, then gave me all high-fives as I walked off for a good run. Arcades had this way of making everyone super-competitive, but never unfriendly. Still love to dominate people using Scorpion...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: What stores do you miss that are not around anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

One of the highlights of my childhood was going down to Grand Prix Race o' Rama in Dania once a year with my father and brother for a day of arcades and go karts. What a glorious ****hole that place was. Then we'd hit Char Hut on the way home. Great times.
    My brother and I have been kicked of the track at Grand Prix several times for aggressive driving. Outstanding times...I may have even put you in the tires!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Valandui and Walrus both said the exact things I was going to say. There are no more record stores with the emergence of the download culture. It's not fiscally smart to carry thousands of CDs when most people just download it off of iTunes for 10 bucks. But more than that, I miss arcades. Damn were those some good times. One of my favorite childhood memories was being 12 years old and having something like a 15 game win streak on Mortal Kombat. Everyone was so frustrated that no one could beat me that they all cheered when some kid finally strolled up and did it, then gave me all high-fives as I walked off for a good run. Arcades had this way of making everyone super-competitive, but never unfriendly. Still love to dominate people using Scorpion...
    You must not have gone to some the same arcades I went to. I mean, mostly you're right, but not always. Sometimes hilariously so.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    My brother and I have been kicked of the track at Grand Prix several times for aggressive driving. Outstanding times...I may have even put you in the tires!
    Hard to do that when you're always behind me.

But yeah, my rate of being kicked off of go-kart tracks has to be about 30-40%. I am a big, stupid animal behind the wheel of a go-kart.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The pants store.

Lip Balm?

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All the XXX Theaters and peep shows that used to litter Times Square.

Oh, and Playworld.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Arm View Post
    All the XXX Theaters and peep shows that used to litter Times Square.

Oh, and Playworld.
    Not a store but I sure do miss the Visage. An Orlando staple for all the best shows when I went to college there in the 90's.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by d-day View Post
    Not a store but I sure do miss the Visage. An Orlando staple for all the best shows when I went to college there in the 90's.
    cool. my ps3 gametag is Visageiii

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: What stores do you miss that are not around anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    You must not have gone to some the same arcades I went to. I mean, mostly you're right, but not always. Sometimes hilariously so.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Hard to do that when you're always behind me.

But yeah, my rate of being kicked off of go-kart tracks has to be about 30-40%. I am a big, stupid animal behind the wheel of a go-kart.
    If you were in front of me, you would have definitely been put into the tires if I had any chance to do so. Even my mom got thrown off, she was brutal! 5 feet tall and full of fury...makes Danica look like a lamb.

The secret was not getting too stupid until your last ride of the night or else you were stuck watching.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    "... Get over here!!!"

I also miss Heck's dept. store ... They used to be thicker than flies on crap around here. All gone.

I used to love riding my bike down there to pick up some fishing hooks & sinkers (or the odd lure whenever I had a few extra bucks) as a little kid.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Chase for Lord Stanley Begins ...

LETS GO PENS!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Zayers- It was department store that made K-Mart look like Macy's. Place was a dump....but I loved it. It also had a little video rental shop inside of it, I talked my mom into asking the guy to give me the Nightmare on Elm Street poster they had and he did. Mind you, I was 4.

Also this place...

Kicked Taco Bells ass in every conceivable way.
    Quote Quote