Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...de-hope/nTQhp/

“I like what the Dolphins are doing. I’m a big outsider fan of the Dolphins,” said former Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, now an ESPN analyst who lives in the Bay Area. “I think Ireland’s done a better job, and I really like (Joe) Philbin, I think he’s a fantastic coach.”

“They’re not nearly as quick a turnaround as maybe the Niners were, although you get the QB – and they hit on the QB – it makes it easier.”
    Here is the rock star quote again with a little more added to it:
    Tannehill, No. 8 overall pick this spring, won his job in training camp. Dilfer thinks Tannehill is the key to a turnaround.

“He’s a fantastic player. I think he’s going to be an absolute rock star in this league,” Dilfer said. “When you have a quarterback like they have in Tannehill, they can mask some flaws for a while while you rebuild the roster.”
    Here is a quote from Kim Bokamper:
    Could the Dolphins – with a new coach and young quarterback of their own – duplicate the 49ers’ turnaround in a year or two?

“You look at those draft picks on that team, you go, ‘Wow, they’ve gotten a lot of big-time studs in the draft,’” said former Dolphins linebacker Kim Bokamper, now part of the radio broadcast team. “But look how long it took San Francisco to stockpile some of those guys. It’s not an overnight thing, but I think the Dolphins are well on their way.”

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    A theme I am going to bark about all the offseason is to get more athletic. Look for guards that can move and pull. Find a TE that can bust the seam. Have a vertical presence at receiver. Add a pass rusher opposite of Wake. Look for DB's that can run with receivers and have legit ball skills.

Perhaps some of my needs could be filled in house. However, FA will have to be used and this is the most crucial draft since 2005....and we know how Nicky Saban's inaugural draft ended up.

I say that in this thread because the physical trait of the team becoming more athletic will help develop RT even more. The Fins margin of error to win since the Parcells, Ireland and Sparano has always been so thin. The Fins need to become more athletic and hence more explosive.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    A theme I am going to bark about all the offseason is to get more athletic. Look for guards that can move and pull. Find a TE that can bust the seam. Have a vertical presence at receiver. Add a pass rusher opposite of Wake. Look for DB's that can run with receivers and have legit ball skills.

Perhaps some of my needs could be filled in house. However, FA will have to be used and this is the most crucial draft since 2005....and we know how Nicky Saban's inaugural draft ended up.

I say that in this thread because the physical trait of the team becoming more athletic will help develop RT even more. The Fins margin of error to win since the Parcells, Ireland and Sparano has always been so thin. The Fins need to become more athletic and hence more explosive.
    I have been thinking about the G position and I think Incog will stay and they just let his contract fizzle out next year and then replace him. Jerry would be more athletic if he could lose 20 more lbs. They need to ride his ass hard again. Party til you puke.
    1. Zach Martin OG
    2. Jace Amaro TE
    3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB
    4. Michael Schofield RT
    5. Chris Watt/Trai Turner OG
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    We're a middle of the pack team with high draft picks and money to spend. The formula for success is there but We have to actually scoop up and develop talent as opposed to rack up busts.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    We're a middle of the pack team with high draft picks and money to spend. The formula for success is there but We have to actually scoop up and develop talent as opposed to rack up busts.
    I was watching a football life with jimmie johnson this week and a lot of the media people accredited the turn around of the cowboys to the Herschal Walker trade where the Cowboys got some ungodly amount of draft picks for him. Jimmie made a point that some other team made a similar trade around that time too and they didn't turn around, it wasn't having all the picks that turned the cowboys around it was what they did with the picks.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Find a Jared Cook or Dustin Keller in FA or draft a Tyler Elfert or Zach Ertz and match them with Clay. Start making the opposition have issues defending OUR offense for once.

In the past few years only the Wildcat and Brandon Marshall did the opposition have to really fear something we had.

Next year, have a pair of athletic TE's to go with a vertical receiver mixed in with some strong intermediate route runners like the Fins have now in Bess and Hartline (if re-signed). If the O-line can be re-wired, I think RT has a chance to be a Joe Flacco-type QB.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Find a Jared Cook or Dustin Keller in FA or draft a Tyler Elfert or Zach Ertz and match them with Clay. Start making the opposition have issues defending OUR offense for once.

In the past few years only the Wildcat and Brandon Marshall did the opposition have to really fear something we had.

Next year, have a pair of athletic TE's to go with a vertical receiver mixed in with some strong intermediate route runners like the Fins have now in Bess and Hartline (if re-signed). If the O-line can be re-wired, I think RT has a chance to be a Joe Flacco-type QB.
    Give Tannehill 2 TE's who can cause mismatches for him, and I think we might just have something. Fasano, wouldn't have started for none of these playoff teams, and he shouldn't be the answer moving forward. When any of these playoff QB's needed a play when in trouble, they look for their TE's. Fasano isn't that type of player, never has been, never will be.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Give Tannehill 2 TE's who can cause mismatches for him, and I think we might just have something. Fasano, wouldn't have started for none of these playoff teams, and he shouldn't be the answer moving forward. When any of these playoff QB's needed a play when in trouble, they look for their TE's. Fasano isn't that type of player, never has been, never will be.
    Respectfully disagree bro since you are going to bring up this same old argument. It seems this is all you talk about is how Fasano sucks. resign him and bring in a number 1 TE and then sit back and watch the great things that happen. Bro there are other positions on this team to complain about. Bring something new please.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 01-21-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Respectfully disagree bro since you are going to bring up this same old argument. It seems this is all you talk about is how Fasano sucks. resign him and bring in a number 1 TE and then sit back and watch the great things that happen. Bro there are other positions on this team to complain about. Bring something new please.

Bring something new? I just watched 4 teams play, that had superior talent at TE compared to MIA. Not even the same zip code talent. Just because some here, believe TE is a major problem and are not happy with a part time offensive lineman trying to bust the seam. You try to move the discussion away from the bum. WR>TE....but TE is up there. If you got such a young QB, you surround him with talent. And TE is talentless right now. So please bring something new,other than the old BS, that you can not back up.

I broke down your original 'theory' on why Fasano disappeared again this season. You finally had to goto ridicule because you had nothing left. And this post goes to show, that you still have nothing to backup your opinion on Fasano. But hey, he had a career year, while disappearing for 6 weeks....again.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo

How...? Tannehill's skill set doesn't slightly resemble Flacco's...have you seen Joe Flacco's mobility? He is not an athletic QB like Tannehill. They're two different types.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote