Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer

1. -41
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispepper View Post
    Joe flacco is terrible. RT has the potential to be much better
    Well clearly you have little idea on being a playoff caliber QB. Yes, he has a great defence, but he still has too put the team in position to put point on the board. And that he does. He is top 10 qb, and has one of the best playoff records going. May not have the poise of Brady, but he is not far off. the guy is a winner, and thats all that really counts.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    Way, way to early to give up on Egnew.
    I would love to agree with you, but there does seem to be a lot of teammates that have lost respect for him, that is already a huge red flag. You never know, there have been players before him that were able to make a name for themselves after not looking like much the year before, but Egnew is going to have to work his butt off to prove himself, and regain the respect from his teammates.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Respectfully disagree bro since you are going to bring up this same old argument. It seems this is all you talk about is how Fasano sucks. resign him and bring in a number 1 TE and then sit back and watch the great things that happen. Bro there are other positions on this team to complain about. Bring something new please.

Bring something new? I just watched 4 teams play, that had superior talent at TE compared to MIA. Not even the same zip code talent. Just because some here, believe TE is a major problem and are not happy with a part time offensive lineman trying to bust the seam. You try to move the discussion away from the bum. WR>TE....but TE is up there. If you got such a young QB, you surround him with talent. And TE is talentless right now. So please bring something new,other than the old BS, that you can not back up.

I broke down your original 'theory' on why Fasano disappeared again this season. You finally had to goto ridicule because you had nothing left. And this post goes to show, that you still have nothing to backup your opinion on Fasano. But hey, he had a career year, while disappearing for 6 weeks....again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fins are in great shape, but i believe that a TE is more essential because it opens up the middle of the field, if you don't want to overpay Wallace then get your young wide receiver in the draft in the 1st round.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill needs to run more
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer

I simply could care less what Trent Dilfer says.

Let us see what Jeff Ireland does with all that cap money and draft picks. Then we can talk about the direction of the team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    BIG_FISH_RI

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    i want him to be wayyyyyyy better than flacco. flacco is above average IMO, but not in the top tier of QB.
    Dude Flacco is money. if not for Lee Evens - Ravens would be in back to back Superbowls.
    Your right Flacco is above average but there are only a few top tier QB _ Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers - aftrer those guys everyone is either above average , average , or stink.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Everett,Wa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know what team, Dilfer is watching, but I just don't see Tannehill becoming a good player. He doesn't have that swag like a Andrew Luck or a Russell Wilson, have. Tannehill just doesn't have the FIRE, like a Kapernick. You can have all the pieces in place and still have a garbage team, if you don't have that swag.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    A theme I am going to bark about all the offseason is to get more athletic. Look for guards that can move and pull. Find a TE that can bust the seam. Have a vertical presence at receiver. Add a pass rusher opposite of Wake. Look for DB's that can run with receivers and have legit ball skills.

Perhaps some of my needs could be filled in house. However, FA will have to be used and this is the most crucial draft since 2005....and we know how Nicky Saban's inaugural draft ended up.

I say that in this thread because the physical trait of the team becoming more athletic will help develop RT even more. The Fins margin of error to win since the Parcells, Ireland and Sparano has always been so thin. The Fins need to become more athletic and hence more explosive.
    I have been thinking about the G position and I think Incog will stay and they just let his contract fizzle out next year and then replace him. Jerry would be more athletic if he could lose 20 more lbs. They need to ride his ass hard again. Party til you puke.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnstone View Post
    I don't know what team, Dilfer is watching, but I just don't see Tannehill becoming a good player. He doesn't have that swag like a Andrew Luck or a Russell Wilson, have. Tannehill just doesn't have the FIRE, like a Kapernick. You can have all the pieces in place and still have a garbage team, if you don't have that swag.
    Swag? seriously? Swag?

Let me tell you something, in this league, you can make a splash, only to find out that the rest of the NFL evolves with you. The run option will be stinked out just like the wildcat. Notice the 49ers didnt run the option with kaepernick much but handed it off to Gore. That is evolving already. They know teams will pick up on it. The element of surprise is over.

Plus, Seattle doesnt have to play NE twice a year. Yeah they beat them, but on their court and just barely. Swag is nothing but confidence. Tannehill does not lack confidence. In fact, what he lacks is a full deck of players to play with. He did the best with what he had to work with. Now he has one year under his belt with a big offseason coming. I dont think you will be positing much next year with this attitude IMO.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_FISH_RI View Post
    Dude Flacco is money. if not for Lee Evens - Ravens would be in back to back Superbowls.
    Your right Flacco is above average but there are only a few top tier QB _ Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers - aftrer those guys everyone is either above average , average , or stink.
    And it took how long for Flacco to get to the big dance? People have to remember this.
    Quote Quote