Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of Terence Williams -WR Baylor?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM What do you guys think of Terence Williams -WR Baylor?

Would like everyones opinion.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    thank you

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    nashville,TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like the kid alot he is not a true #1 but he can play on sunday
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

What do you guys think of Terence Williams -WR Baylor?

Don't think he's a #1. I feel like he'll run fast at the combine and that'll send him rocketing up draft boards combined with his stellar stats. But I feel like he plays wayyyyyy slower than his times will indicate
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Extremely productive deep threat on the outside. His 27 career receiving TD's leads the Senior class of WR's (D-1). Fairly unique blend of size/speed/hands. Good player.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing I've liked about him is that he's a true vertical threat and proves it time and again. Not every guy who catches deep passes actually proves he's a vertical threat. In Art Briles' offense Williams often has a narrow patch of grass to work with because he's lined up so wide at the snap of the ball. He has to deal with the sideline as well as the defender all the time and he consistently executes because he's such a threat vertically. You combine that with some (most times) good hands and play making ability that way, and his surprisingly good run after the catch especially over the middle, and I think you have a pretty good player that I have no problem being taken in the second day of the draft, maybe even the first day at the tail end depending on your appetite for risk.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think the senior bowl is gonna be huge for him...get off press and separate and i see a top 50 guy...he's got some things going for him...i like the point of how he plays the sideline well despite lining up so wide...i think his field awareness is very good...and he can like other have said get vertical

better not have a brian quick like senior bowl week though...will kill his stock for me
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This wide receiver class has the potential to have a pretty fat neck. Seniors like Terrance Williams and Quinton Patton bolster it. Marquess Wilson's leaving of Mike Leach's program should mean another guy that fattens the neck. Da'Rick Rogers and Keenan Allen have already declared. Robert Woods, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter and Stedman Bailey are also weighing their options. Among them, Patterson is rumored to be leaning toward staying in school. And of course you have the enigmatic Tavon Austin, who teams could view as the next Percy Harvin.

I don't know that you feel so strong or urgent about any of these guys to take them high. There are no slam dunks among them. Certainly no Calvin Johnsons, no Dez Bryants, no A.J. Greens or even a Michael Crabtrees (who was long foreseen by many to be a stellar prospect, whether he's come through on that or not). I don't see a Hakeem Nicks. And I get to say I don't see a Hakeem Nicks because I'm among those that actually saw Hakeem Nicks for what he was. I don't even think there are any physical freaks like the aforementioned Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill or Julio Jones.

What there is, is just a fair amount of good players you can imagine playing good football for you. And some of these guys will indeed end up stars it's just not necessarily easy to tell which ones.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    This wide receiver class has the potential to have a pretty fat neck. Seniors like Terrance Williams and Quinton Patton bolster it. Marquess Wilson's leaving of Mike Leach's program should mean another guy that fattens the neck. Da'Rick Rogers and Keenan Allen have already declared. Robert Woods, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter and Stedman Bailey are also weighing their options. Among them, Patterson is rumored to be leaning toward staying in school. And of course you have the enigmatic Tavon Austin, who teams could view as the next Percy Harvin.

I don't know that you feel so strong or urgent about any of these guys to take them high. There are no slam dunks among them. Certainly no Calvin Johnsons, no Dez Bryants, no A.J. Greens or even a Michael Crabtrees (who was long foreseen by many to be a stellar prospect, whether he's come through on that or not). I don't see a Hakeem Nicks. And I get to say I don't see a Hakeem Nicks because I'm among those that actually saw Hakeem Nicks for what he was. I don't even think there are any physical freaks like the aforementioned Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill or Julio Jones.

What there is, is just a fair amount of good players you can imagine playing good football for you. And some of these guys will indeed end up stars it's just not necessarily easy to tell which ones.
    Do not forget about Cobi Hamilton out of Arkansas. He is not a super quick guy, but he knows how to work the corner. Takes awhile to get up too speed, but can get downfield on vertical routes. It will be interesting to see how he handles press in the Pros. I know he is not a #1 and that is what we need, but I like his game.
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not a big fan of his.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    Do not forget about Cobi Hamilton out of Arkansas. He is not a super quick guy, but he knows how to work the corner. Takes awhile to get up too speed, but can get downfield on vertical routes. It will be interesting to see how he handles press in the Pros. I know he is not a #1 and that is what we need, but I like his game.

yeah I prefer this guy instead..he is going to blow the roof off the combine.
    Quote Quote