Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He didn't turn the ball over against an incredible D so I'll buy that he didn't play badly, but it's a stretch to call it good when he was wildly inaccurate and barring a miraculous catch by Fasano would have been held out of the endzone. I'm tired of these incredibly low standards ya'll set for our team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    If he was missing these throws early in the game id agree with you. The fact that he threw 6 straight incompletions and missed bess wide open for a TD late, with the game on the line, tells me its something else
    WIDE OPEN huh?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    He didn't turn the ball over against an incredible D so I'll buy that he didn't play badly, but it's a stretch to call it good when he was wildly inaccurate and barring a miraculous catch by Fasano would have been held out of the endzone. I'm tired of these incredibly low standards ya'll set for our team.
    Sooo your not even willing to give him credit for putting the ball where it needed to be?
    Last edited by ANUFan; 12-09-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    On the road against the #1 defense in the NFL, with an offense that everyone agrees is desperately lacking talent at receiver, a QB considered a project when he was drafted doesn't cough the ball up once, shows improvement in the way he handles the pocket, and does it with an ineffective running game and the same group of receivers everyone agrees Jeff Ireland screwed up bigtime with.

He did OK today. I actually think he showed some progress.

I didn't see him miss any wide open guys on bad throws. The throw to Matthews could have been completed but that certainly wasn't a gimme. And Moore dropped a deep ball.
    I agree with you. Also, to me he hasn't been the same since he was knocked out of the game against the Jets. Not sure if he is being more tentative or if the injury was lingering for a few games afterward, but he is definitely moving around, scrambling and trying to create plays more the last 2 games like he was before he got injured.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about the two deep balls to Moore and the one that everyone is complaining about to Bess? Those were both balls that a playmaker WR makes. You think Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson or Mike Wallace or.....etc, etc......would miss those opportunities? 9 times out of 10 these guys make those spectacular catches and take it to the house. NONE of out WRs can do that. On the deep ball to Hartline that was completed to him wide open in the 2nd qtr (I think), he reall only had one defender to make miss and he couldn't do it. I miss Brandon Marshall.
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    question:

what rookie QB doesn't have atleast one major weapon to work with?

a: ryan tannehill
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Low standards are set because the team isn't very good. You have to have some kind of context. It's a ****ty football team. Trust me, standards will be much higher next season, I can guarantee you that.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see Luck, RG III and Wilson making big plays downfield when their receivers are wide open.
    I saw Tannehill throwing to receivers that were blanketed by guys in red jerseys. There just isn't any separation. Even when he tried to extend plays with his legs there was no one open.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I am missing with Tannehill are the intangibles which can not be taught. The understanding when and where to throw the ball and when and how to run. He is missing the natural ability to feel the QB position. The last throw was such an indicator. On 4th down you don't throw the ball away. You have to force a play. You throw it anywhere where you can see a while jersey even if the ball is intercepted. If your play breaks down on 4th and 10 with time running out you have to have the will to just force it. Throwing it away like it is a 1st down with 5 minutes played is just giving it up and surrendering.

There were a few situations where he should run it. One instance was when he threw to Clay for 3 yards though Clay had a man draped on him. It was clear that the ball is either incomplete or Clay catches it for 3 yards yet on the inside was a running lane where he could have picked up 5 yards and more.

Tannehill can make all the throws no doubt but it seems like he does not have the feel for the position. Lack of certain uncoachable intangibles can be masked by weak competition in college. But in the NFL it is exposed by much better talent on opposing defenses. There has been many great college QBs even Heisman winners who never made it in the NFL because they were missing the uncoachable tools of a QB.

The excuse that he is a rookie does not fly anymore. And while we have a lack of talent on offense the fact that our slow receivers do get open and are still missed by Tannehill is an indicator that Tannehill has to bear a heavy load of the problems. He even has problems on the short to medium routes.

The question is how long do some of you give him the label "he is a rookie". How often is the excuse he started only 19 games in college being used as an excuse while Sanchez is being mocked for only starting 16 college games? At what point is Tannehill made responsible for any of our offensive woes?

We have problems all over the place from the GM down to our coaching staff (which at this point I put in the bottom of the league right above Rex and Chan) and all the way to our players. But it can not be that we have 50 players who suck yet Tannehill walks on water. So at what point is he bearing any responsibility?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buffal0s0uljah View Post
    Tannehill is more of a raw talent than any of those names, but with potentially a very high ceiling. Luck and RG3 came into the league more polished and were groomed to start from day 1. IMO, Moore should have started this season while Tannehill held the clipboard and learned, but instead he was thrown into the fire and as a result we are seeing the fallout.

I do think Tannehill will be a great QB, with some more experience and weapons surrounding him.
    Thank you! Smartest post yet
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is obvious that tanny will be number 9,10,11 .....oh hell i cant remember all the qbs since dan was here,but he is the next one that will come and go.that being said i will still root for the kid until they bring the next sacraficial lamb into our fold of pain and suffering.
    Quote Quote