Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

1. -91
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill should never have an incompletion. He should never throw an interception. He should never fumble. He should never get sacked. The WRs should never drop a pass. The oline should never get pancaked by Aldon Smith and allow a sack. The running back should pick up a first down every play. Wake should get a sack every play. Sean smith should... Well I've gone to far there

Sad that everything I just said is HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE BEACUASE THEY ARE HUMAN AND HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT INFALLABLE LIKE MANY HERE BELIEVE

Was it an over throw to Bess? YES. Is Bess short and slow? YES. Was it an overthrow to M. Moore? HELL NO! How about your receivers making a play every now and again

Where's this amazing stud Rishard Matthews been. He looks pretty in uniform but that's it. These guys are not great WRs. Period.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    If he was missing these throws early in the game id agree with you. The fact that he threw 6 straight incompletions and missed bess wide open for a TD late, with the game on the line, tells me its something else
    Are you serious, Bess is a Slot WR at best. No way he had a shot at that ball. We need a true number 1 WR.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    You can't miss 6 straight completions with the game on the line. That's just pathetic.
    No what's pathetic, is expecting a rookie QB, who was considered raw to play like Luck and RG3, with no help at the WR position. He played well today and kept us in the game. I think some of you so called fans, should just go find another team to root for.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think people around here have the Dan Marino syndrome. We've been spoiled for so many years having Danny under center that we expect every QB that takes the field to play like Dan. Well there was only one Dan Marino, few if any will hold a candle to him. GET USED TO IT!. Now getting back to Tannehill, the kid has no weapons and he is a rookie. Our receiving core sucks. Receivers can't get open, and they don't have the speed to outrun their defenders. Our O line is piss poor too, they don't open enough holes for good running plays and they don't give Tannehill enough time to throw. I hope that Ireland (wishing it was someone else) addresses our offensive needs this offseason, and gives our QB something to work with. Until then, I will give Tannehill the benefit of the doubt.
    This is football....

Quote Quote  

5. -95
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
    A. Luck 16/34 196 5.8 1 2 4-25 18.4 50.6
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tannehill can't win in the 4th ..just like in college..he shows no energy is scared s##@less of throwing a interception so he can't hit no one..his wr's are average but still you have to will your team to a win..move around in the pocket give your wr's or rb's ti
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This circus is hard to watch...
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Plain and simple guys. We **** the bed on Tannehill! First of all, you need a top 10 QB to be a playoff contender every year. Now you can say give Tannehill a few years to learn and develop but in reality he has way too many deficiencies at the QB position to fix for him to become a top 10 starter. Heck fine I'll accept a top 15 starter. You need to work with a QB who was alot of facets of the position down packed, yes even as a rookie, where there's a few things you can concentrate on and develop. Tannehill has way too many holes to fix. Pocket presence is bad, he may look poise but, doesn't know when to step up in the pocket, sometimes he is too close to the line and he attempts to throw. He's innacurate, on medium to deep passes he continues to miss. Tannehill stares down his recievers. When there's no blitz he's indecisive and struggle find a target. I know you supposed to get rid of the ball early but when there's time in the pocket be alert let some plays develop, he doesn't. He's too predictable. His strengths are throwing on the run but he has tunnel vision when rolling out, loses sight of the field. His passer rating on rollouts is atrocious. Overall his decision making is very concerning. His decision making alone against New England cost us that game. Way too many to fix and develop, this guy is not going to panout. Yeah I can see him being a top 15-20 range but I'd rather look elsewhere. If your QB is in that range you will be mediocre. You need to be seeking a QB he is or develops into a top 10 QB to win in this league and when I mean win, I mean mean significant wins! Andrew Luck, RG3,Wilson.Foles,Cousins are all rookies too. It's not that Tannehill comes right in line after these guys, He is bar far the worst of all these guys. RG3 doesn't have a #1 WR,Wilson doesn't, Foles doesn't. A really good QB (top10) makes the WR's.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ### Tannehill has only seven touchdown passes (8 Now) (on pace for 9.3), and for some historical perspective on how bad that is, consider: Elias tells us that since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978, only two quarterbacks have started all 16 games and thrown fewer than 10 touchdowns: Trent Dilfer (four in 1995) and David Carr (nine in 2002).
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is just a rookie, but at tge same time we as a team don't fold. He has something ro work o, but damn it wont happen over night.
    Quote Quote