Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

1. -101
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri416 View Post
    Plain and simple guys. We **** the bed on Tannehill! First of all, you need a top 10 QB to be a playoff contender every year. Now you can say give Tannehill a few years to learn and develop but in reality he has way too many deficiencies at the QB position to fix for him to become a top 10 starter. Heck fine I'll accept a top 15 starter. You need to work with a QB who was alot of facets of the position down packed, yes even as a rookie, where there's a few things you can concentrate on and develop. Tannehill has way too many holes to fix. Pocket presence is bad, he may look poise but, doesn't know when to step up in the pocket, sometimes he is too close to the line and he attempts to throw. He's innacurate, on medium to deep passes he continues to miss. Tannehill stares down his recievers. When there's no blitz he's indecisive and struggle find a target. I know you supposed to get rid of the ball early but when there's time in the pocket be alert let some plays develop, he doesn't. He's too predictable. His strengths are throwing on the run but he has tunnel vision when rolling out, loses sight of the field. His passer rating on rollouts is atrocious. Overall his decision making is very concerning. His decision making alone against New England cost us that game. Way too many to fix and develop, this guy is not going to panout. Yeah I can see him being a top 15-20 range but I'd rather look elsewhere. If your QB is in that range you will be mediocre. You need to be seeking a QB he is or develops into a top 10 QB to win in this league and when I mean win, I mean mean significant wins! Andrew Luck, RG3,Wilson.Foles,Cousins are all rookies too. It's not that Tannehill comes right in line after these guys, He is bar far the worst of all these guys. RG3 doesn't have a #1 WR,Wilson doesn't, Foles doesn't. A really good QB (top10) makes the WR's.
    Absolutely terrible post. Shows no insight or basic football knowledge.

But the poster is nice!
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri416 View Post
    Plain and simple guys. We **** the bed on Tannehill! First of all, you need a top 10 QB to be a playoff contender every year. Now you can say give Tannehill a few years to learn and develop but in reality he has way too many deficiencies at the QB position to fix for him to become a top 10 starter. Heck fine I'll accept a top 15 starter. You need to work with a QB who was alot of facets of the position down packed, yes even as a rookie, where there's a few things you can concentrate on and develop. Tannehill has way too many holes to fix. Pocket presence is bad, he may look poise but, doesn't know when to step up in the pocket, sometimes he is too close to the line and he attempts to throw. He's innacurate, on medium to deep passes he continues to miss. Tannehill stares down his recievers. When there's no blitz he's indecisive and struggle find a target. I know you supposed to get rid of the ball early but when there's time in the pocket be alert let some plays develop, he doesn't. He's too predictable. His strengths are throwing on the run but he has tunnel vision when rolling out, loses sight of the field. His passer rating on rollouts is atrocious. Overall his decision making is very concerning. His decision making alone against New England cost us that game. Way too many to fix and develop, this guy is not going to panout. Yeah I can see him being a top 15-20 range but I'd rather look elsewhere. If your QB is in that range you will be mediocre. You need to be seeking a QB he is or develops into a top 10 QB to win in this league and when I mean win, I mean mean significant wins! Andrew Luck, RG3,Wilson.Foles,Cousins are all rookies too. It's not that Tannehill comes right in line after these guys, He is bar far the worst of all these guys. RG3 doesn't have a #1 WR,Wilson doesn't, Foles doesn't. A really good QB (top10) makes the WR's.
    Ok this is just all wrong. Its all comes down to not having any talent on Offense. RG3 has a ton of very good WRs in Garcon, Morgan, Moss, and Hankerson and a very good run game, Hatline wouldnt even be a #2 on that team. Luck has a HOF WRs in Wayne and also 2 very fast young wrs in Avery and Hilton who will both be very good....Russel has a sick running game and also has some pretty good wrs in Rice, Tate, and Doug Baldwin.....Foles has McCoy, Jackson, Celek, and Maclin...Brian Hartline wouldnt even be a #2 wr on any of these teams and hes being used as our #1?!?!?! Whats that tell you and couple that with no running game and no smeam threat TE I think Tanny is doing very good for what he has which is absoulute **** in all areas.. Also, PLEASE REMEMBER TANNY HAS ONLY PLAYED 19 GAMES IN COLLEGE ALMOST HALF EVERYONE ELSE THATS UNHEARD OF YET HES STILL HOLDING HIS OWN WITH REALLY NO TALENT ASIDE FROM BUSH!!! SO RELAX BRO!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    ### Tannehill has only seven touchdown passes (8 Now) (on pace for 9.3), and for some historical perspective on how bad that is, consider: Elias tells us that since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978, only two quarterbacks have started all 16 games and thrown fewer than 10 touchdowns: Trent Dilfer (four in 1995) and David Carr (nine in 2002).
    Damn...

I say we keep drafting Qb's til we hit on one, or two. RT may develop but let's keep drafting, kinda like San Diego did with Brees and Rivers. And heck the redskins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft. Especially with Matt Moore being gone after this year we will need another QB anyway. Just think, we could have drafted RT and Russell Wilson last year...instead of Vernon.

Quote Quote  

4. -104
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazysimon View Post
    So is luck,Wilson, rg3, and even weeden and foles.
    Wow buddy, if you think THill has the same tools to work with as these other rookie QB's you are blind.

Luck - Pro Bowl and HOF WR (R. Wayne), 2 Solid TE's and above average #2,#3 WR's.

Griffin - Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon, Hankerson. (Any of these WR's would be #1 on the Phins roster)

Wilson - (This one proves to me you don't pay attention to rosters) M. Lynch, G. Tate, D. Balwdwin, S. Rice....need say more? You put these 4 players on the Phins roster and we are automatic playoff team.

Foles - D. Jackson, J. Maclin, B. Celek, L. McCoy..... probably one of the most explosive offenses in the league too bad Vick and the O line is terrible.

Weeden is probably the only QB that has just as bad of a roster as the Dolphins.

Not excusing THills poor play, but look at what he has to work with. You put him on any of those teams minus the Browns and he looks like a future HOF.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think you guys understand the scrutiny of our number 1 draft pick this year. SO LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU!

He was the first Qb the fins have taken in the first round since Dan Marino.

Despite starting last year 0-7, wait let me say that again....... Despite starting last year 0-7, we somehow end up with the #8 pick and we take a "project" Qb.

Taking a project Qb looks bad in a year when 3 other rookie Qb's make the playoffs or at least have winning records. Basically this is the argument where half the forum did'nt want a Qb unless it was RG3 or Luck.

A few years ago the dolphins had the worst record in the league, a great time to use the number1 pick on a Qb.

Dolphins Take a O-lineman instead. This year might be last year that guy plays for us, vastly overpaid.

The quarterback taken in that draft is playing on the team this year with the best record. (Matt Ryan for all you non football nerds).
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hootie249 View Post
    I don't think you guys understand the scrutiny of our number 1 draft pick this year. SO LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU!

Despite starting last year 0-7, wait let me say that again....... Despite starting last year 0-7, we somehow end up with the #8 pick and we take a "project" Qb.

Taking a project Qb looks bad in a year when 3 other rookie Qb's make the playoffs or at least have winning records. Basically this is the argument where half the forum did'nt want a Qb unless it was RG3 or Luck.

A few years ago the dolphins had the worst record in the league, a great time to use the number1 pick on a Qb.

Dolphins Take a O-lineman instead. This year might be last year that guy plays for us, vastly overpaid.

The quarterback taken in that draft is playing on the team this year with the best record. (Matt Ryan for all you non football nerds).
    Yeah,

Lets not take into account that Matt Ryan is playing with probably one if not the best WR due in the league (Roddy White and Julio Jones) a HOF TE (Tony Gonzales) and a top 10 RB (Turner).
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Tanny and I believe he can be better with more weapons. However, this was the year to go balls out as a GM (as another thread mentioned) and trade the house for Luck or RG3. You needed a stud, you were at 8, if you have to give up 3 first rounders to get your QB, you do that. Our GM does not have the stones to make moves like that or moves like the Falcons moving up to get Julio. If you like a guy - go get him - damn what everyone else thinks. We just sit in our spots and select safe picks (or projects)...always.

Quote Quote  

8. -108
    BigSportShop.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill is the problem, not the lack of WRs. A franchise QB make the receivers BETTER, not the other way around. Who were Victor Cruz and Jordy Nelson a year ago? Nobodies that great QBs made into weapons. Who's Ramses Barden? Nobody but when he gets to start for the Giants he looks damn good doesn't he?

How do people not see this is the exact same argument and cycle we went through 3 years ago with Henne. Chad will be a franchise QB if he go out and get an elite WR! Marshall came to town and nothing changed. This is the exact argument that RT17 supporters use.

Has Brandon Marshall made Cutler or the Bears offense better this year? Nope, same as last year. What about Larry Fitzgerald? He's making the QBs in Arizona better is he?
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hootie249 View Post

I notice our inspired first pick a few years back, a part time SEC RB is on his downward spiral in SD while the QB who we should have taken and would likely have precluded all this subsequent speculation, a former and likely future league and SB MVP (yes that means that he didn't choke when it was "one and done") is now considered the best in the business. How's that for perspective?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I notice our inspired first pick a few years back, a part time SEC RB is on his downward spiral in SD while the QB who we should have taken and would likely have precluded all this subsequent speculation, a former and likely future league and SB MVP (yes that means that he didn't choke when it was "one and done") is now considered the best in the business. How's that for perspective?

For some reason, fans would rather obsess over Matt Ryan than remember that we passed on Aaron Rodgers.
    Quote Quote