Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cant wait to have a receiver with Mike Wallace speed, with a guy like that he will be burning db's all day. I dont think people realize how bad our receiving group is
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    He didn't turn the ball over against an incredible D so I'll buy that he didn't play badly, but it's a stretch to call it good when he was wildly inaccurate and barring a miraculous catch by Fasano would have been held out of the endzone. I'm tired of these incredibly low standards ya'll set for our team.

Out of curiosity, what did you think were the really bad throws he had today? There was one early third down underthrow to Bush where I thought he could have delivered a better pass even under pressure. Other than that, I didn't see any terrible throws. That's really the only one that stood out to me.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    Low standards are set because the team isn't very good. You have to have some kind of context. It's a ****ty football team. Trust me, standards will be much higher next season, I can guarantee you that.
    I'm going to hold you to that guarantee. There have been groups on this site hyping up the virtues of losing seasons for years now. If it ends next year and we start setting a higher standard for this team and its players then I will be all for it, but that might be too much to hope for.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did you think were the really bad throws he had today? There was one early third down underthrow to Bush where I thought he could have delivered a better pass even under pressure. Other than that, I didn't see any terrible throws. That's really the only one that stood out to me.
    That's because there weren't any. People here see what they want to see, and they've decided that Tannehill sucks because he isn't on as good a team as Luck, RG3, or Wilson. So get ready for some new false narratives about Tannehill this week from the non-football knowing morons who use the simple-minded approach of blaming the rookie QB because it's easier than thinking.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    I'm going to hold you to that guarantee. There have been groups on this site hyping up the virtues of losing seasons for years now. If it ends next year and we start setting a higher standard for this team and its players then I will be all for it, but that might be too much to hope for.
    Deal. Trust me, my standards will be MUCH higher next year. I expect playoffs next year after this offseason.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Russel Wilson was 9for22 with 122 yards
    and 1 interception. Tannehill played much better
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill is a FREAKING ROOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_12 View Post
    Russel Wilson was 9for22 with 122 yards
    and 1 interception. Tannehill played much better
    How? Aren't they winning 51-0?
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buffal0s0uljah View Post
    Tannehill is more of a raw talent than any of those names, but with potentially a very high ceiling. Luck and RG3 came into the league more polished and were groomed to start from day 1. IMO, Moore should have started this season while Tannehill held the clipboard and learned, but instead he was thrown into the fire and as a result we are seeing the fallout.

I do think Tannehill will be a great QB, with some more experience and weapons surrounding him.
    Tannehill has a high ceiling theoretically like any strong armed QB is supposed to have, but the reality is that very few reach that ceiling, or even come close to it. It's hard to say anyone has a high ceiling when they are incredibly deficient at scoring points and winning, the two things that should really define high ceiling.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clownfish View Post
    How about the two deep balls to Moore and the one that everyone is complaining about to Bess? Those were both balls that a playmaker WR makes. You think Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson or Mike Wallace or.....etc, etc......would miss those opportunities? 9 times out of 10 these guys make those spectacular catches and take it to the house. NONE of out WRs can do that. On the deep ball to Hartline that was completed to him wide open in the 2nd qtr (I think), he reall only had one defender to make miss and he couldn't do it. I miss Brandon Marshall.
    It was obviously Tannes fault Moore dropped the deep ball.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The throws that are freshest in our minds. That 4th quarter was a mess. The decision to repeatedly go deep on critical downs, I'm not a fan of, but aside from poor decisions it was bad execution. I'll say outside of the throw in the endzone to Hartline and an out on that last drive. Every other mid to deep throw was inaccurate. I don't know what you consider terrible throws, but they were uncatchable throws (though that didn't stop Fasano).
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'd legitimately like to know which throws you thought were wildly inaccurate. Not absolutely perfect into tight downfield coverage? Yes, at least a couple of those. But wildly inaccurate? Which ones? Anyone? I already mentioned one where I thought he just flat out made a bad throw, but that's the only one that stands out to me. Is my short term memory just bad?
    Quote Quote