Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Phins is like watching paint dry

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

Watching the Phins is like watching paint dry

Remember how exciting it was to watch the Phins when they had Marino, Mark Duper and Mark Clayton? We threw the ball all over the place, and even if we got down 14-20 points, you knew we had the offense to come back. We never had much defense back then so we lost a lot of high scoring games, but at least you didn't sit there falling asleep.

I think we need a new coach and a new OC. I don't think adding more WR's is going to make the team any better, if we don't attempt plays that are going to move the ball down the field. How often do they call a play where you see Tannehill throwing it 25+ yards down the field? Maybe once a game? Tops. Early in the year we were throwing it downfield to Hartline....why have we stopped? Are we trying to be Conservative so we can keep games close? Or does Sherman/Philbin play not to lose?

Every year we seem to average right around 15 to 17 points a game, and this just won't win you many games. Look at the Patriots...even if they have a so so defense at times, they can score at will. It's not just our lack of talent at WR, TE and even RB.....we have plain boring play calling, and I think this is why we have fewer and fewer fans going to games in Miami. I know some of this is very obvious, but maybe someday we will have a new GM who can bring in coaches with a decent game plan on offense. Just my two cents.

Ohhhhh, and I don't know if there were any more posts on Jonathan Freeny's punt coverage (that he decided to walk across the goalline for a touchback), but I overheard another Dolphin's fan at the sport's bar saying, "Why are Dolphin players always doing stupid s*** like that?"

You just come to expect it these days.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pianist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the whole team is trash from the coaches to the players...everyone is in way above their heads.
    Check out my band.
    Eternal Essence

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure how much longer most of us old timers can continue subjecting ourselves to this kind of dog **** week after week.

This team sucks.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No argument from me. Somehow these problems seem to follow the Phins across regimes. I'm certain there was a hex put on this franchise at some point.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Watching the Phins is like watching paint dry

That freeny play was symbolic of the last decade of mediocrity...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I'm not sure how much longer most of us old timers can continue subjecting ourselves to this kind of dog **** week after week.

This team sucks.

atleast we got the miami heat! lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    atleast we got the miami heat! lol
    Ugh.

Losing to the Knicks is unacceptable.

Heat are playing as poorly as the Dolphins right now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Watching the Phins is like watching paint dry

Just the playoffs...this regular season blows...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    That freeny play was symbolic of the last decade of mediocrity...

i agree, it said it all, it all made sense. Jeff ireland has plagued this team with bad karmas with his "is your mom a prostitute Nonsense", its a shame what has happened to this one proud franchise.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Remember how exciting it was to watch the Phins when they had Marino, Mark Duper and Mark Clayton? We threw the ball all over the place, and even if we got down 14-20 points, you knew we had the offense to come back. We never had much defense back then so we lost a lot of high scoring games, but at least you didn't sit there falling asleep.

I think we need a new coach and a new OC. I don't think adding more WR's is going to make the team any better, if we don't attempt plays that are going to move the ball down the field. How often do they call a play where you see Tannehill throwing it 25+ yards down the field? Maybe once a game? Tops. Early in the year we were throwing it downfield to Hartline....why have we stopped? Are we trying to be Conservative so we can keep games close? Or does Sherman/Philbin play not to lose?

Every year we seem to average right around 15 to 17 points a game, and this just won't win you many games. Look at the Patriots...even if they have a so so defense at times, they can score at will. It's not just our lack of talent at WR, TE and even RB.....we have plain boring play calling, and I think this is why we have fewer and fewer fans going to games in Miami. I know some of this is very obvious, but maybe someday we will have a new GM who can bring in coaches with a decent game plan on offense. Just my two cents.

Ohhhhh, and I don't know if there were any more posts on Jonathan Freeny's punt coverage (that he decided to walk across the goalline for a touchback), but I overheard another Dolphin's fan at the sport's bar saying, "Why are Dolphin players always doing stupid s*** like that?"

You just come to expect it these days.
    Why call 25+ yardage passes when they can't separate against defenders or catch over them? Disagree with cutting our ties with philben after 1 year they're doing the best they can with MEDIOCRE talent on offense. The 0-line is also not going to hold up and allow our WR to get deep either. But yeah expecting to light up the 49ers at home with this offense is hilarious
    Quote Quote