Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Brandon Fields SHOVE................

1. -31
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Brandon Fields SHOVE................

Freeney deserved to get shoved. ****ing moron.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmandude63 View Post
    I'm confused about that call. I thought the play is dead once possession is established. He had possession at the 2. Shouldn't it have been spotted there? Since when could you advance a downed punt?
    I'm with you on that. Also, the whistle was blown before he went into the endzone. The whistle stops the play. At least it does everytime our defense causes a fumble it seems.

With that said, I still say it was a lazy boneheaded play by Freeny. He shouldn't even give the refs the opportunity to call a touchback. Guaranteed to go against us if there is an opporunity for it.
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmandude63 View Post
    I'm confused about that call. I thought the play is dead once possession is established. He had possession at the 2. Shouldn't it have been spotted there? Since when could you advance a downed punt?
    ^This, I've never seen the kickoff team pick up the ball and down the ball by kneeling, it's usually dead once possession is established, he takes not ONE but TWO steps. But hey **** me right? What do I know..
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Go Fins!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoFlo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow this is not even a big deal. Fields and freeney might be best friends for all we know. freeney just walked away he knows whats up
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Head View Post
    I'm not really sure why this is such a big deal... As the Vaark man pointed out.... Fields is walking the walk... Not just talking the talk. How soft has this league/team become that a well deserved shove after a boneheaded play actually makes headlines???? Freeney's was not an aggressive mistake, it was pure laziness.. and Fields works his a** off during the week to be one of the best in the biz.

Man I remember Marino grabbing his OL by the face masks and rag dolling their a**es and screaming bloody murder when they screwed up... It's called 'accountability'.
    Damn straight!! I can remember an interview with Mark Clayton. He said, "You run the wrong route and you don't want to go anywhere near Marino." I recall plenty of times how he would get in someones face about a missed assignment or something similar. I have no problem at all with Fields getting in the face of Freeny. And the shove, come on really? That was nothing ....
    Quote Quote