Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft position?

1. -1
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft position?

Anyone know what draft spot the Dolphins would have if the season ended today?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Link says 13-14 range. I see us possibly winning one or two more (Jags, Bills).
    http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really hope they use the Draft picks well
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Henne is going to light us up. I think we beat a soft Buffalo team and end up 6-10
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Henne is going to light us up. I think we beat a soft Buffalo team and end up 6-10
    Henne couldn't light up a candle
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have to admit it would be ironic…
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Currently #11 after yesterday's games, pending tonight's action. If the Patriots win tonight then that slips into a tie with the Cleveland Browns for #11 which would mean a coin flip. Of course that's all academic anyway since everyone still has 3 more games to play and in fact the scheduling itself dictates changes in the draft order.

For instance, the Carolina Panthers have (currently) a slightly better higher SOS than us and are 4-9 but they play the Chargers (5-8). No matter which team wins, someone is likely getting knocked below our #11 pick to where we move up to #10. Similarly, the Arizona Cardinals (4-9) and Detroit Lions (4-9) play one another. Whichever team wins will be thrown into a tie with the Dolphins at 5 wins, and the Dolphins have SIGNIFICANTLY lower SOS than either one. So the reality is that one will win and one will lose, bumping the Dolphins up one more peg to #9 overall. On the other hand, Miami and Buffalo are tied at 5-8 a piece, with Buffalo a moderate SOS advantage. One of these teams is guaranteed another win, breaking the tie. If Buffalo wins then Miami again bumps up one more notch to #8 overall.

Essentially if the Dolphins lose out they're pretty much guaranteed to be picking at worst #8 or #9 overall, but possibly better.

Some more thoughts. If Philadelphia's last second win over the Buccaneers provides them with any kind of spark which helps them beat someone else, be it Cincinnati, Washington or the Giants, then we could win the SOS tiebreak over them at 5 wins. The Tennessee Titans play the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Titans would seem to be favored. If somehow the Dolphins were to lose to the Jags while the Titans still went on to beat Jacksonville that would bump us one more notch as our SOS is moderately lower than Tennessee's. I mentioned that the Panthers and Chargers play one another and the winner of the two would likely leap frog below us in draft order. Both teams have pretty easy remaining schedules though as both have the Raiders on the schedule. This means in reality I think both teams will get knocked below us in the pick order.

So what I have is a fair possibility of picking #5 overall if the Dolphins stay at only 5 wins...with the worst case scenario being #9 overall.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't see the Dolphins losing out. Maybe I am way off, but I think they win the next two, finish 7-9, and end up picking around 14th.

Draft position is important, but we can't go into next season having lost 8 of our last 9 or whatever. That would be epic. No one here wants that - draft position be damned.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There may be some benefits to losing 8 of the last 9. Not Andrew Luck benefits but it could prompt genuine change.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's cross our fingers and hope the Dolphins lose all the rest of their games.

Top-10 picks in EACH ROUND are an absolute necessity for this talent deprived team. It's an absolute MUST for this crappy team.

With the Colts and Bears winning and having those picks in the 2nd and 3rd almost like high 3rd's and 4th's the way it's going (lower end of the preceding rounds)...it's imperative that Miami selects as high as possible in each round for their own selections.
    Quote Quote