Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...dolphins 9ers...

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think wake and pouncey are the best 2 players on our roster...i believe ryan tannehill in time and with some real help will join them...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think wake and pouncey are the best 2 players on our roster...i believe ryan tannehill in time and with some real help will join them...
    It makes me feel better to see you say that because I honestly thought he played a pretty decent game today. I feel like I've seen him bounce back and show some improvement since the 4th quarter of that Buffalo game, and it's kinda depressing to see people in here already calling him a bust and saying he's terrible and worse than Chad Henne.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    It makes me feel better to see you say that because I honestly thought he played a pretty decent game today. I feel like I've seen him bounce back and show some improvement since the 4th quarter of that Buffalo game, and it's kinda depressing to see people in here already calling him a bust and saying he's terrible and worse than Chad Henne.
    i just don't believe a guys decision making can be as good as tannehills has been all year pretty much and with his tools and upside not develop into one of the franchise qbs in this league...it would be different if he wasn't seeing the field with clarity and spraying the ball into coverage all over the place...it's just not the case

that said some of these things he's missing we need to see improvement as far as consistency...he can be slightly off with some throws at times...still i don't care what anyone says that kids proved worthy of a top 10 pick and worthy of the job for the next 2 years at least...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sean Smith getting cheaper and cheaper every week, if we even want to bring him back.

I thought Tanny climbed the pocket nice today, he had a good game for the most part except took a step backwards the last few drives which is not what you want to see. That throw away on 4th down to end the game was face palm worthy and I think he could have ran for the first easily but we were down by 2 touchdowns at that point so meh.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Might be your best write up this year, and that's saying something. Good God we need a solid draft and FA offseason. We really aren't THAT far away. I,.E. we have some talent, and at key positions, but boy do we need some playmakers on both sides of the ball, and we cannot afford for Ireland to bat .200 again on his personnel moves this offseason. It sets up the next 3 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

hoops scoops...dolphins 9ers...

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i just don't believe a guys decision making can be as good as tannehills has been all year pretty much and with his tools and upside not develop into one of the franchise qbs in this league...it would be different if he wasn't seeing the field with clarity and spraying the ball into coverage all over the place...it's just not the case

that said some of these things he's missing we need to see improvement as far as consistency...he can be slightly off with some throws at times...still i don't care what anyone says that kids proved worthy of a top 10 pick and worthy of the job for the next 2 years at least...
    I am inclined to think the windows he has to throw into are so tight he errs on the side of caution.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I recall one play where Tannehill stepped up a bit as a pass rusher just missed him, and he kept his eyes downfield the whole time. That was impressive, and I'm not a Tannehill cheerleader.

As for playmakers, we needed a #1 WR, a seam-threat TE, and a good CB heading into this season. Ireland had the draft and free agency to fill these holes. What did he do? He drafted a TE in the 3rd who can't make the active roster, 2 WRs at the end of the draft (one was cut prior to the season), and his FA signings were scraps that other teams didn't want. So, going into next year we have the same holes at the playmaker positions. Ireland did nothing to fill these holes with quality players, so why would anyone trust him to do so next year?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by gofins60 View Post
    I recall one play where Tannehill stepped up a bit as a pass rusher just missed him, and he kept his eyes downfield the whole time. That was impressive, and I'm not a Tannehill cheerleader.
    The play where Dan Dierdorf kept raving about how Aldon Smith came inches away from a strip? At least, that's the one I'm thinking of.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't that play.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinheel View Post
    Agree it's time to go. I'm screaming at the TV on some of these calls, especially on 1st down and in the red zone. He shows no creativity and plays not to lose most of the time. The other issue is talent. I hate to say it but Daniel Thomas looks like a bust, jury still out on Clay and we have no WR or TE who can get separation. When we play against these playoff teams the talent gap on offense is so obvious to me. Tannehill has shown a lot of improvement but he doesn't have THAT go to guy. Got to hand it to him though. He's got TWO very average WR's at nearly 1000 yds. Not a lot of people mention that but gotta give RT some props for that. Keep in mind that Luck has TWO good TE's and of course Wayne and a couple of guys like Hilton who can get deep. We are looking around 13-14 in round one so we better get some playmakers on both sides of the ball, especially on offense.
    Daniel Thomas is Worthless Dude. If he is on the Team next Year expect another year of Mediocrity in 2013.
    Quote Quote