Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...dolphins 9ers...

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

hoops scoops...dolphins 9ers...

if there was ever a game that should be screaming to you this team needs playmakers at wrs this was the one...hell playmakers period as pass catchers...i watched dashon goldston flying to the los with absolutely no regard for our vertical passing game all night...the 9ers respected our ability to have the time and separation down the field so little they left strong safety donte whitner as the only defender pretty much pedaling at the snap...whitner the liability in coverage and space...

lack of speed and over the top win ability killing this offense...and lack of a real win wr period and in the red zone also just limiting us so much...

take a look at that 4th quarter drive we ended up converting on with a terrific catch in the corner by fasano...you want to bang on the qb for not converting you say well you tell me where the win option is in the red in a formation that features daniel thomas marlon moore fasano in line bess and hartline...daniael thomas flexed out with bowman or willis across from him is a win for the 9ers...hell all those options in the tight red are 9ers wins...fasano the only choice he had...

you want to talk about charles clay well against most teams that guys got mismatch abilities....but not the 9ers...i saw backside pursuit killing our stretch run plays well i saw sherman make an adjustment and go bootleg back to the backside to clay and against most teams once the de crashes in and tannehill rolls out to the weakside of the play that's an easy pitch and catch to the te for a big gain against the 9ers it's a 4 yard catch...

only took til week 10 for this oc sherman to try and take advantage of bush against lbs in coverage on 3rd down etc...too little too late...frustrating to say the least...

jonathon martin all things considered with what he was facing was solid today...aldon smiths got the most lethal inside rush move when a tackle overcommits to the outside in the league and martin got owned once by it but overall against that level athlete and talent i thought he was better than expected...although the lack of strength in the upper body really showed on that one bull rush run over job for the sack...

i actually liked the gameplan on d today...kaep can't read coverage worth a hoot if it wasn't for that running game and that d that kid would be exposed miami played a lot of zone looks and he looked like a deer in headlights against it for most of the game...outside of some easy soft coverage and primary reads he did nothing...that kid will be the reason that team goes home this postseason when they face an offense that can score some points...harbaughs screwed that one up royally...but my issue is who the heck in this d plays a high end zone coverage wise???

sean smith i tell ya i keep hearing he's the #1 cb as far as i'm concerned we don't have one...a soft zone look against washed up randy moss who i promise you offers squat at this point of his career and is nothing but a decoy how the heck do you sean smith not drive forward in zone and close and tackle moss in space??? how the heck does he not come within 2 damn yards on the play??? it's inexcusable...that said smith did get hozed on a huge slant route pi call on 4th down where to me you eat the whistle on the play...i didn't see him grab and turn the wr with his inside arm i thought that play which was critical in the game was garbage...

miami needs to lock up nolan carroll...the price is going up...the growth in that kids game is impressive in a year...only boundary cb i really believe in their future...smiths just way too damn inconsistent and has reverted to old form that last 9 weeks...

good god the lack of lb depth showed itself in a hurry tonight...as soon as misi went out i said we're screwed to myself and sure enough trusnick comes in and watching that scrub i puked a bit in my mouth...one on one with a rb in pass pro should be a mismatch instead he gets stood up and never sniffs the ball how bout the missed tackle hell completely off his feet in space against james on a critical down late or how lost he looked on that outside contain running play with kaep for the td...admittedly after odrick got sucked down and in by the inside action in the read option

speaking of odrick yeah he missed outside contain on that kaep run and td to win it but odrick was stout all day against the run showed off nice backside pursuit and sifted through trash well and when shifted inside to dt where he's a natural showed off a nice rip move to disengage to the inside for the sack...

mike pouncey that block in space on the free safety to spring bush for the first down was beautiful...there aren't a handful of centers in the league who could get out there on that play and in that much space and make contact let alone toss a athletic guy and maybe best free safety in the league in goldston off his feet...what a terrific block in space on the move

one thing thats scary about this team going forward is we haven't really been hit all that hard bu injuries and still with starters can't seem to make plays...this defense has what one forced turnover in the last 6 games all told...it's unacceptable...this o is handicapped we brought a butter knife to a gun fight this season...

as for the head coach we are 13 weeks into this season and i've only counted one week where i felt like this team no showed and the head coach should be held accountable...despite some of the worst home attendance in the league from what i've seen...the home loss to tennessee...which was nothing short of embarrassing...this teams showed up every week and fired the shots they have pretty much outside of some soft boundary coverage looks and some poor game plan and calls from the oc i'd say...the players at least have given us all they have...and yeah in a lot of spots it's not good enough...admittedly...we need some talent influx at some critical positions...and the gm especially should be held accountable for some personnel...

anyways i'll close with the qb who yet again i know missed some things...missed bess down the seam late although the window for that throw is small given bess size and the underneath coverage still it was a miss...there's some other throws also although i would debate some of the misses with you either marlon moore quitting a bit on the route to the sideline or the throw down the sideline out in front of marlon moore which barring illegal contact and holding i believe moore runs under for 6 and was still catchable...the reads are spot on...the kid does not throw into coverage...i cannot wait til we give this kid some real win options to work with...

all that said there's one recurring criticism i have with ryans game and it's that he just does not climb the pocket and step up enough against wide pressure...i swear if he would just step up and reset his feet he would have more time and avoid more quick outside rush pressure but i'm a firm believer that we will see growth in that regard in the next few years...hell he said himself in hard knocks when asked what he needed to work on in a on field qb meeting stepping up in the pocket and i couldn't agree with that more...climb the pocket son and give yourself time and space to reset and fire...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ride The White Pony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    What did you think of shermans play calling in the red zone on our last TD drive?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Agree with most every point except for Martin at LT. He played better than I expected, but still played pretty bad imo. While he only gave up 2 sacks, he missed his assignments a few times on a few blitzes, and Reggie Bush surprisingly saved him a few times. He also had a few penalties I think. Have to watch it again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    What did you think of shermans play calling in the red zone on our last TD drive?
    it's not good but there's really no win options against a d like the 9ers...hell fellas just about every week we don't have win option in the tight red as pass catchers...it's just not there...

so i think sherm should be working more rub routes and pick plays etc to get guys off coverage and give tannehill some easy read tds...instead we run routes with guys who can't win and most importantly tannehill doesn't trust...outside of the move the pocket roll to the strong side bess in the corner of the endzone i don't think tannehill trust any wr to win in the tight red...i don't really blame him...there is none...i'd like to see clay on the field more in those scenarios but against the 9ers like i said that's not a mismatch...we tried to get them to go with extra backers and play the run more by having daniel thomas on the field but it doesn't change the way they play us cause frankly they don't respect anyones ability to win in the tight red at the los...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great read as always hoops.

Some of Sherman's play calling was baffling. For the TD he actually called a QB draw before Tannehill called audible and got the TD to Fasano. Sending Bess deep down the field was a bit of a strange one too, he just doesn't have the speed.

Tannehill played well IMO all things considered. Kaepernick I thought was very average and agree that he'll be exposed sooner or later.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bess streaking down that field was coverage dictated...the safety had vacated the middle he won at the los and was open but bess is one of those guys the further he goes down the field the less viable an option he becomes...for one he's tiny and so the throwing window is smaller and against underneath coverage as a qb i'm sure there's gonna be some hesitation before you rip it...and guys can always close on bess down the field cause he'll never out run anyone...so the time you have for real separation gets shorter the longer the play goes...which also probably plays into the confidence you have as a qb on the throw
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    bess streaking down that field was coverage dictated...the safety had vacated the middle he won at the los and was open but bess is one of those guys the further he goes down the field the less viable an option he becomes...for one he's tiny and so the throwing window is smaller and against underneath coverage as a qb i'm sure there's gonna be some hesitation before you rip it...and guys can always close on bess down the field cause he'll never out run anyone...so the time you have for real separation gets shorter the longer the play goes...which also probably plays into the confidence you have as a qb on the throw
    Simply put Bess ran out of talent around the 7 yardline
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i only saw one ball today where i felt like tanny didn't see it well...and that was the pressure in his face where he saw fasano and knew he was gonna hook up on the ball he threw off target and almost got picked...i could tell on that ball tanny saw it early and by the time he was ready to release he did not have a clean view of the play anymore and he just threw it where he thought fasano would be...we got away with one there...

he threw low on a 3rd down early in the game also to bush breaking into the middle of the field where i think he was worried about the contact looked to me like he kind of shelled up on the release expecting to be hit and thus the ball and his feet were off...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    it's not good but there's really no win options against a d like the 9ers...hell fellas just about every week we don't have win option in the tight red as pass catchers...it's just not there...

so i think sherm should be working more rub routes and pick plays etc to get guys off coverage and give tannehill some easy read tds...instead we run routes with guys who can't win and most importantly tannehill doesn't trust...outside of the move the pocket roll to the strong side bess in the corner of the endzone i don't think tannehill trust any wr to win in the tight red...i don't really blame him...there is none...i'd like to see clay on the field more in those scenarios but against the 9ers like i said that's not a mismatch...we tried to get them to go with extra backers and play the run more by having daniel thomas on the field but it doesn't change the way they play us cause frankly they don't respect anyones ability to win in the tight red at the los...
    Agree it's time to go. I'm screaming at the TV on some of these calls, especially on 1st down and in the red zone. He shows no creativity and plays not to lose most of the time. The other issue is talent. I hate to say it but Daniel Thomas looks like a bust, jury still out on Clay and we have no WR or TE who can get separation. When we play against these playoff teams the talent gap on offense is so obvious to me. Tannehill has shown a lot of improvement but he doesn't have THAT go to guy. Got to hand it to him though. He's got TWO very average WR's at nearly 1000 yds. Not a lot of people mention that but gotta give RT some props for that. Keep in mind that Luck has TWO good TE's and of course Wayne and a couple of guys like Hilton who can get deep. We are looking around 13-14 in round one so we better get some playmakers on both sides of the ball, especially on offense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way, what about Cam Wake.

The guy was an absolute beast today and proved why he is the best player on our roster, by quite a distance.
    Quote Quote