Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EFWilson View Post
    Dolphins biggest need is offense. someone to score some points. I would go WR and TE with 2 of the first 3 picks.

thats what im saying, everyone here complains about how bad our offense stinks and talks about how good our d-line is but yet they still want to draft Pass rushers in the 1st round lmao. So lets see, you have a weak terrible offense and you'd rather draft for your defense of line first? the best unit on the team? it makes no sense at all and one has to be wondering if jeff ireland is as a clueless as well. I think too many people on here get to obsessed with the camerons wakes of the world, yes hes good but he doesnt exactly generate turnovers folks.

Complaints from a daily dolphins fan
    - "We have no Weapons on offense" my view - Than draft a WR in the early rounds but ofcourse you would prefer a pass rusher!
    - "We have no play makers in our secondary" My view - Than draft a High rated CB from a top college in the early rounds but ofcourse you would rather draft a pass rusher!

Compliments of a daily dolphins fan
    - "we have one of the best Defense of lines in the nfl, its stout vs the run!" my view- Than leave it alone and address more important needs like WR/CB but ofcourse you would rather draft a pass rusher!!!

In conclusion i think this team is cursed from top to bottom, the fans to the gms to the owners, its the indian burial grounds, we are a clumsy fall down on everyplay run into owns teammates on the field and even touchback our own punters perfect kicks inside the 5. I believe in this curse and i think its just too strong to get rid off. /frustratedfan
    -
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    right, so lets just keep drafting d-lineman and not add any playmakers to our secondary. This is why everyone here is always complaining about lack of turnovers, all everybody wants is pass rushers when we already have a decent pass rush, guess what we got more sacks than san fran yesterday , a superbowl caliber D-line in san fran, its the best unit on the team LEAVE IT ALONE. WE HAVE NO PLAYMAKERS IN OUR SECONDARY. So even if u get good pressure, you have no playmkers!!! reshad jones is an emerging one but at CB we have none, carroll is solid but sean smith needs to go. We need a true #1 CB, vontae was good but we gave him up on too early cause our gm is a moron. It has to be balanced dude, you cannot keep adding pass rushers without having any talent at CB, its pointless to get pressure when you dont have any cbs looking to get INTs. All sean smith wants to do is play zone, he is not aggressive and looks flat out lazy out there at times. His tackling is also an embarassment. CB is my #1 pick for this team, and WR is 2nd. NO more pass rushers or lineman. Get us some damn playmakers already that can make an impact.
    First, pass rushers are playmakers because they directly impact scoring just as much, if not more than anybody in the secondary. That's a fact. And it's not just about sacks, far from it actually. It's about getting pressure and causing the QB to force throws that he shouldn't. I'm willing to bet you that most interceptions in the league come off of plays where the QB was pressured, most certainly when it's a good QB that would otherwise not make such a pass. So, DB is important, and I won't argue with that, but it's no more vital than pass rush. So when you have a draft that is higher in pass rush talent than it is in CB or WR talent in the top of the draft, you go with BPA, you don't take lesser talent at a position you feel you need more. We have enough holes to fill that we can pick BPA and fill one of them.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    thats what im saying, everyone here complains about how bad our offense stinks and talks about how good our d-line is but yet they still want to draft Pass rushers in the 1st round lmao. So lets see, you have a weak terrible offense and you'd rather draft for your defense of line first? the best unit on the team? it makes no sense at all and one has to be wondering if jeff ireland is as a clueless as well. I think too many people on here get to obsessed with the camerons wakes of the world, yes hes good but he doesnt exactly generate turnovers folks.

Complaints from a daily dolphins fan
    - "We have no Weapons on offense" my view - Than draft a WR in the early rounds but ofcourse you would prefer a pass rusher!
    - "We have no play makers in our secondary" My view - Than draft a High rated CB from a top college in the early rounds but ofcourse you would rather draft a pass rusher!

Compliments of a daily dolphins fan
    - "we have one of the best Defense of lines in the nfl, its stout vs the run!" my view- Than leave it alone and address more important needs like WR/CB but ofcourse you would rather draft a pass rusher!!!

In conclusion i think this team is cursed from top to bottom, the fans to the gms to the owners, its the indian burial grounds, we are a clumsy fall down on everyplay run into owns teammates on the field and even touchback our own punters perfect kicks inside the 5. I believe in this curse and i think its just too strong to get rid off. /frustratedfan
    -
    You realize there is a difference between run defense and pass defense right? And that there is a difference between a run-stopping DT and a pass-rushing DE/LB? You are equating the two and it doesn't work that way. You might as well say we don't need to draft a TE because we're set on the offensive line.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    First, pass rushers are playmakers because they directly impact scoring just as much, if not more than anybody in the secondary. That's a fact. And it's not just about sacks, far from it actually. It's about getting pressure and causing the QB to force throws that he shouldn't. I'm willing to bet you that most interceptions in the league come off of plays where the QB was pressured, most certainly when it's a good QB that would otherwise not make such a pass. So, DB is important, and I won't argue with that, but it's no more vital than pass rush. So when you have a draft that is higher in pass rush talent than it is in CB or WR talent in the top of the draft, you go with BPA, you don't take lesser talent at a position you feel you need more. We have enough holes to fill that we can pick BPA and fill one of them.
    we already have a good pass rush, we have more important needs, and this BPA your talkin about, it goes out the windows when the margin of talent is close.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You realize there is a difference between run defense and pass defense right? And that there is a difference between a run-stopping DT and a pass-rushing DE/LB? You are equating the two and it doesn't work that way. You might as well say we don't need to draft a TE because we're set on the offensive line.
    uh yea i do know that, i also know that san fran pass rush is a ****load better than ours and who got more pressure and sacks yesteday, we did. Your theories has no substance, im providing you with substance and you refuse to accept the truth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    we already have a good pass rush, we have more important needs, and this BPA your talkin about, it goes out the windows when the margin of talent is close.
    We have one very good pass rusher. That's it. Once he's held, which he is often, it's a steep slope to the next best. Good teams need multiple good pass rushers. As for BPA, where they are going to be drafted doesn't indicate their actual talent level. The best WRs in this draft wouldn't be in the top 3 in next year's, for example. This year's happens to be high on pass rushing talent.

I'd be happy if we walk away with a top DE, CB, or WR, particularly if we add a FA WR. I also feel we need to double up on WR and CB. But that doesn't mean we need to reach for a guy that is less talented at his position than another just because of need.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    uh yea i do know that, i also know that san fran pass rush is a ****load better than ours and who got more pressure and sacks yesteday, we did. Your theories has no substance, im providing you with substance and you refuse to accept the truth.
    Um, did you watch the game, or are you just going by stats? Close your nfl.com gamecenter tab and watch the game. San Fran had pressure all day long. It didn't translate to as many sacks, and it didn't need to, as I clearly explained. Again, there's more to pass rush than sacks, though probably not in fantasy football.

I don't have theories, I have facts. I advise taking notes, or just printing for future reference.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't guarantee a WR pick at that spot. Someone before us could grab the top guy or the top guy could be only worth a bottom of the first pick.

We have to go BPA in the 1st round. Then in round 2 (and 3 if need be), IMO you get out of the BPA mode and grab some WR's.

Normally, I'd say stick with BPA all the way through the draft but this team hasn't scored 20+ points a game in years.

I'll also say this. We do not need a WR that has only gotten 1000 yards a year during his college days. Yards can not be the only barometer used to assess these guys.

We need a WR that has: 1) Proven separation skills; 2) Can go up and grab balls out of the air like his life depended on it; and 3) One with a proven track record of getting into the endzone. If they don't do it in college, don't expect them to do it in the pro's.

The Dolphins have proven that they do not know how to coach up WR's, so stop drafting 4.6 guys who can't find the endzone.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

I think we will most likely take the best CB or WR on the board, but BPA isn't a bad way to go either. Bottom line, we need playmakers- dudes who make plays, regardless of what position they play. We don't have any. So if the BPA where we pick is a pass rusher or a ball hawking safety, and that player is better than the best WR or CB- I have no problem taking that guy.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsFlipper View Post
    I'm looking at 4 mock drafts and only one of them has us taking a WR(from CAL) while the others have us taking a OT to replace Jake Long. Your thoughts?
    I have mixed feelings about whether we should go with a WR with a first rounder. There are a lot of very good wide receivers in this year's draft. I think there is less talent at the LT spot, if we decide to move on from Jake Long and go after Joeckel of Texas A&M. Alabama also has a really good Center (Barrett Jones) who has played every position on the line and he is a 4.0 GPA student....I think he could a nice addition at LT, depending on whether Martin is moved or stays at the RT spot? I would probably go with Keenan Allen if he is there....and take another WR in the second or third round...we have five overall picks in the top 96.
    Quote Quote