Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not with a top ten pick.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Um, did you watch the game, or are you just going by stats? Close your nfl.com gamecenter tab and watch the game. San Fran had pressure all day long. It didn't translate to as many sacks, and it didn't need to, as I clearly explained. Again, there's more to pass rush than sacks, though probably not in fantasy football.

I don't have theories, I have facts. I advise taking notes, or just printing for future reference.
    i cant say anything more, i have provided the substance and you refuse to acknowledge. Like ross, and ireland, and other dolphins fans, the truth is right infront of you and you wont accept it which is why this team will continue losing, not making playoffs and more empty seats for more out of towners to complain about. I dont expect anything more, its the dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1st round - Best Offensive Playmaker Available. (Ie. Not Oline)
    2nd round on - Best Player available because we have quite a few holes to fill. Most likely, that player will fall into one of those.

To reply to the Pass Rusher debate - You guys are slugging it out about two sides of the same coin. Our pass defense is suspect. Is it because of our pass rush? Or because our secondary can't cover worth a darn? I personally think its the latter. I think it would be ill advised to take a pass rusher with our secondary being as bad as it is. If they were at the very least average, then i would be all aboard.

A pass rush is rendered useless when our corners are playing 7 yards off the ball at the snap and have no recovery speed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanGator View Post
    1st round - Best Offensive Playmaker Available. (Ie. Not Oline)
    2nd round on - Best Player available because we have quite a few holes to fill. Most likely, that player will fall into one of those.

To reply to the Pass Rusher debate - You guys are slugging it out about two sides of the same coin. Our pass defense is suspect. Is it because of our pass rush? Or because our secondary can't cover worth a darn? I personally think its the latter. I think it would be ill advised to take a pass rusher with our secondary being as bad as it is. If they were at the very least average, then i would be all aboard.

A pass rush is rendered useless when our corners are playing 7 yards off the ball at the snap and have no recovery speed.
    thats not fair, if your going bpa, you have to include O-line.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    i cant say anything more, i have provided the substance and you refuse to acknowledge. Like ross, and ireland, and other dolphins fans, the truth is right infront of you and you wont accept it which is why this team will continue losing, not making playoffs and more empty seats for more out of towners to complain about. I dont expect anything more, its the dolphins.
    You were one of those posters who were ecstatic when we drafted a center in the first round, werent ya?

Because, you know, it was a need!
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This draft is all about 3 positions:

CB, WR, Pass Rusher

Glad to see we're along way from the days of about 10 draft day needs...another reason Jeff Ireland has done a great job
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    No, you just think stats win football games. You've shown zero knowledge about pass defense. You clearly believe that all you need is a set of good CBs and you can shut down offenses. In other words, you are wrong. You keep bringing up San Fran as if it's a barometer of anything. A better analysis would be Brady. Brady and any other good QB can slice through the greatest secondary of all time if they have enough time to. The only thing that stops them is constant pressure. You don't get constant pressure with one good pass rusher. You just don't. That's a fact. Acknowledge it or not, it is what it is.

That being said, I highly doubt my knowledge on the matter and the fact that I express it on here will cause the Phins to do anything.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    You were one of those posters who were ecstatic when we drafted a center in the first round, werent ya?

Because, you know, it was a need!
    u dont hear me complaining about pouncey do u?
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    thats not fair, if your going bpa, you have to include O-line.
    Must have missed "playmaker" in his post. O-line aren't playmakers. DTs aren't playmakers. Pass rushers are.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    This draft is all about 3 positions:

CB, WR, Pass Rusher

Glad to see we're along way from the days of about 10 draft day needs...another reason Jeff Ireland has done a great job
    Before this year there was only one need: QB. Nothing else mattered.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Must have missed "playmaker" in his post. O-line aren't playmakers. DTs aren't playmakers. Pass rushers are.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Before this year there was only one need: QB. Nothing else mattered.
    BPA means best player available, (must include all positions, even kickers and punters).
    Quote Quote