Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    BPA means best player available, (must include all positions, even kickers and punters).
    I don't consider people that are on the field less than the trainers who run out to give water as players. And if we go offensive line within the first 4 rounds i will....

Do nothing and take it like a good veteran phin fan....
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    BPA means best player available, (must include all positions, even kickers and punters).
    Doesn't change the fact that he said "best offensive playmaker," does it?

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vet wr then go get a cb or the in the first round
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

Yes I hope we draft 3 of them...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    This upcoming draft is stock piled with defensive talent. With Miami likely drafting in the top 15, I would love to see a safety/corner. Dee Milliner from Alabama would be a great pick to shore up or soft CB spot, also would like to see Luke Joeckel from A&M as our new LT. He will come cheaper than Jake and he has a very high grades from draft insiders. Granted, WR is a huge need, but this can be addressed in free agency with the likes of Bowe/Wallace/Jennings. And cap cuts will be plentiful as well. I am sure we can nab a WR there as well as the second round in the draft. Lately, WR are drafted heavier towards the back of the first and into the second round

WHY? we have our LT in John Martin , imo i think he did a fair job blockin argubly the best DE in Smith ,in football yeah he is a rookie but will get better, imo we will be lookin for a RT IF ANYTHING , but not in the first 3 rounds maybe a RT in FA or the 4th rounder or so , but we need a pass rusher to go oppsite of wake and i think if Teo is there we have to take him or the CB Dee Milliner but i just dont see a OL in the first round.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    here is my plan. get dwayne bowe. dude wants to be a dolphin. typical joe philbin size WR. Draft Tyler Eifert. People, listen up, a great TE is needed for any great QB and some have two of them!!! Eifert will help any tackle having problems blocking as he is a beast of a blocker and a read zone threat. Everyone focuses on WR but forget about TE. The last great TE we had was Jackson. I would go two TE's in this draft and get Fauria in the 3rd.

Poyer CB in 2nd round
    Rambo S to go with his goergia buddy Jones
    Swope at end of round 3. This dude is not flashy but flashy is not what this team needs. What this team needs is someone who ran with Tannehill and understands this offense so he can contribute early and often.

We need another T and G regardless if we sign Jake. One could be gotten in FA and one drafted late who fit ZBS.

Derrick Shelby will be a guy who will be looked at seriously at DE next year once he hits full offseason program and same goes for Vernon. They are rookies and people tend to forget these facts. Its about the progression. I disagree with the deep need for DE. If you can upgrade by all means, but this team needs offense all day and night and its quite obvious.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign Greg Jennings, draft Tyler Eifert in the first round and pick up Stedman Bailey in round 2.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ill be happy with either WR/DE/CB in the first round of the draft. Our defensive line is good, but we need a 2nd Pass Rusher.. Cowboys revamped their secondary but still the same results, gave the big money to Carr, picked up Claiborne, but until they get somebody on the opposite side of Ware, they aren't going to be a consistent defense. We need somebody on the opposite of Wake, we need a S opposite of Jones and we need a true play-making corner. Our offense is a different story. We have a lot of needs on that side of the ball.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it would be better to get a proven WR like Wallace or Bowe than to try and get one in the first round of the draft. It does seem that when a team addresses it's WR problem in the draft when they have a young second of third year QB, it increases the chances of that QB being a bust. See Harrington and Lions, Carr and the Texans, Russell and the Raiders, Gabbert and the Jaguars.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the first round you take a WR, unless another player has a much, much higher grade.
    Quote Quote