Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

1. -51
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    uh yea i do know that, i also know that san fran pass rush is a ****load better than ours and who got more pressure and sacks yesteday, we did. Your theories has no substance, im providing you with substance and you refuse to accept the truth.
    And don't the Niners multiple #1 picks on their OL? Hmmmmmm!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    We have one very good pass rusher. That's it. Once he's held, which he is often, it's a steep slope to the next best. Good teams need multiple good pass rushers.
    Agreed. 4 words.... Giants Patriots Super Bowl.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think you go CB/WR, whatever position has the better talent you take. We need to get rid of sean smith, he is one of the slowest cbs i have ever seen and plays lazy almost every game. CB/WR/WR/RT/LB
    So you would lose Smith and go with what Nolan Carrol and a rookie? Sorry don't agree. Keep Smith as at least #2 CB regardless if you draft a #1 CB
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The best way to combat the pass game in a pass-friendly league is through constant pressure. A good QB can tear up any secondary if given enough time. Wake is great, but outside of him, we have limited pass rush (Odrick has been mediocre at best). Our line is great against the run and good inside, be we need another outside rusher badly. Further, pass-rushing talent in the upper end of the draft is higher than DB and WR talent, so it also becomes a BPA thing. Pass rusher is absolutely one of our top 3 needs.
    Totally agree, he'll the Giants have given you the blueprint in how to beat Brady and the Pats. Pressure, pressure and more pressure. Their secondary ain't that good.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we already have a good pass rush...
    No, actually we DON'T. We have WAKE, and a bunch of mediocrities. The entire League knows it...and TOMMY Boy loves it. They just double or triple-team WAKE, and/or hold him all day, and MIAMI can't do very much about it beyond blitzing, which is high risk.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pags77 View Post
    Totally agree, he'll the Giants have given you the blueprint in how to beat Brady and the Pats. Pressure, pressure and more pressure. Their secondary ain't that good.
    the giants got lucky as ****. Pats had that game, it took a miracle for the giants to win that game. I guess thats the type of team u want miami to be huh? no way in hell i want miami to look anything like that lucky ass giants team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MarshallFin 1 seem to forget the most important thing about defensive football and that is the QB cannot function from flat on his back, and the more you pressure him the more ducks he will serve up. The best corner can only cover for so long. If you look at our pass rush what you see is if Wake does not get quick pressure there is no pressure outside of the occasional corner blitz. The Giants showed the blueprint against teams like the Packers, Saints and Pats. If you choose to ignore that you can't see the forest for the trees.
    As far as going WR in the first round, the highest rated WR is only #12 (where we are projected to draft). There are no sure fire super studs there.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we're just gonna have to wait and see who all enters the draft. Right now, Keenan Allen seems like an obvious pick. But names you aren't even discussing will pop up by April. This point last year, RG3 and Tannehill weren't seen as top 10 picks. Hell people weren't really talking about RG3 as a first rounder until he won the Heisman.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mayock has got Allen @ #24
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm of the opinion that we get some offensive line help in free agency. But, if that doesn't happen and the team lets Jake Long go you can put offensive line near the top of the needs list. I think I'd get one of the top pass rushers in round 1 since we only have Wake and then go heavy offense the rest of the way. We need to find explosive players who can make a difference. If the team goes wide receiver in the 1st, I'd be happy with Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson or Justin Hunter (maybe with a slight trade down).
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First, pass rushers are playmakers because they directly impact scoring just as much, if not more than anybody in the secondary. That's a fact. And it's not just about sacks, far from it actually. It's about getting pressure and causing the QB to force throws that he shouldn't. I'm willing to bet you that most interceptions in the league come off of plays where the QB was pressured, most certainly when it's a good QB that would otherwise not make such a pass. So, DB is important, and I won't argue with that, but it's no more vital than pass rush. So when you have a draft that is higher in pass rush talent than it is in CB or WR talent in the top of the draft, you go with BPA, you don't take lesser talent at a position you feel you need more. We have enough holes to fill that we can pick BPA and fill one of them.
    Completely agree. If you want to compete with New England you've got to hit Brady and rush him constantly. That's how the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl and that's why I wasn't surprised that Seattle, without much offense by the way, beat New England. We need to upgrade the offense and go heavy offense in the draft. But the talent, at least as I see it, is at DE and pass rushers in the 1st.
    Quote Quote