Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Do we address our WR needs with the first round draft pick?

1. -61
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sfipurchases View Post
    In the first round you take a WR, unless another player has a much, much higher grade.
    And that's really the issue with this group of wide receivers. No one seems to agree on who the top guy is. Is it Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson? What about Justin Hunter? I like all those guys, but I don't think any of them are worth a top 10 grade. Are you going to pass up a potential star DE who can wreck havoc on opponents passing games for a wide receiver who is lower on your board? The Dolphins have the luxury of having picks to trade back up and get both the pass rusher and wide receiver. I like that scenario. How about Werner in the first and trade back up for Hunter?
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For once, I want the Phins to be that team that gets a A draft rating. I want us to be that team that somehow ends up grabbing the best player available in all situations. I'm tired of having to look up a player who was drafted in the first 3 rounds' name and highlights so i can justify a pick. Give me the names that EVERYONE in the NCAA knows and let the chips fall where they may. This has to be the first year that I don't really care about trading back. Just stay in your position or move up for a stud.

If we are gonna swing and miss on a player, i want that guy to be PROVEN in college. If he sucks it up in the league, oh well. I'm seeing us go for the "value pick" or the "diamond in the rough" and missing. Keep it simple stupid!
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bpa
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they take an offensive lineman of any kind in the first round I will challenge Ireland to a fist fight.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Etuoo33 View Post
    Mayock has got Allen @ #24
    Would love to grab Tavon Austin although hes small but there hasnt been anyone this fast and explosive come out in awhile hes like a faster percy harvin absolute game changer!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign a free agent WR ( Jennings, Bowe, Wallace)

Draft:

1. Dee Milliner
    2. Tyler Eifert
    2. Justin Hunter
    3. Stedmen Bailey/Tavon Austin
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is logic to going BPA, even if it is a new OT. Long is due a ton of money and wants even more. The team can franchise him, but that is only a 1-yr stopgap. WalterFootball's new mock basically says the same since he has Moore, Milliner and Werner already gone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Harry View Post
    There is logic to going BPA, even if it is a new OT. Long is due a ton of money and wants even more. The team can franchise him, but that is only a 1-yr stopgap. WalterFootball's new mock basically says the same since he has Moore, Milliner and Werner already gone.
    I agree, hate to say it, BUT would definitely go with skill position if the gap between said OT (BPA) and said skill player (WR,DB,TE) is not large....
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tony0021 View Post
    NO WR FROM THE DRAFT!! pick up an elite veteran like dwayne bowe or someone thats elite. look at justin blackmon for example. he just had 1 good game but overall he's a bust
    and look at AJ Green.

These comparisons are so dumb, all wideouts come out of the draft. Look at Julio the year before. STUDS.

As much as I'd like to keep it safe with guys like Bowe and Wallace, im not sure we should dedicate so much of the cap there, plus Bowe is old, if anyone its wallace.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    the giants got lucky as ****. Pats had that game, it took a miracle for the giants to win that game. I guess thats the type of team u want miami to be huh? no way in hell i want miami to look anything like that lucky ass giants team.
    Either way. The Giants won. The Patriots didn't score under 20 points ONCE that season they were 18-0 until the played the Giants. Lucky or not on the Tyree play, that defense did a fantastic job on New England. Then they held them to 17 in their second super bowl. Say what you want about how lucky they are, Eli Manning still has 2 super bowls.
    Quote Quote