Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Evaluation Time - Philbin should start Moore then Devlin (the following weeks)

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is this thread for real? The title of this thread is confusing. So you think Philbin should start Moore then Devlin to evaluate them? Why do we need to evaluate either of them? We already know what we have in Moore and we know he won't be here next season. Devlin is a backup, plain and simple.

Tannehil should stay the starter for the rest of the season and then we just need to pray that the moron GM we have doesn't completely screw up this off-season and set us back another 5 years.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I am a Dan but not a Lt.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eglin AFB (Ft.Walton Beach Fl.)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I watched the 49ers game and it just seems we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot with turnovers.

If its not one things it's another.

After Ryan Tannehill's 5 straight in-completions in the drive, to set up a possible tie the game scenario, we give the 49ers the ball back with 4 mins left in the game, I had to turn the TV set off. So I am not even sure how the 49ers scored another TD, I haven't looked yet, but it was either a long pass or long run?

I believe Coach Philbin should start Matt Moore next weekend and then Pat Devlin the following weekend and then play the best player of these two on the last weekend.

Do I think Coach Philbin will do it, probably not, because if either of these guys shine, it may magnify Ryan Tannehill's short comings.

In my opinion, a good reason to do it on these next games is because they will be meaningless games and why not evaluate these 2 decent QB's. Secondly, why expose Ryan Tannehill to injury, that may carry over to next year.

Our offensive production has regressed considerably.

What do you guys think?

d-1
    not just no.....but HELL no
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    Man, it's times like this that I would like to thank Matt for coming up with the ignore list. Mine is fattened up big time after yesterday. I hope there isn't a limit! By the way...

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course, most of our FH posters are quite smart and astute - I just write off some of the random posts they create to "Cerebral Acid Reflux," roll my eyes, LMAO and move on.*

*This post is in compliance with FH TOS.

"Don't take QB advice from the guy who wants to sleep with Mark Sanchez!"
    CooterHooterKnocker, Buffalo Range member, 10-4-2014

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pathetic!!!!! Why sit our future, I swear to God, I have to wonder about some of these posts on here.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't expect this sort of reaction by some. I thought our next 3 games were basically going to be meaningless games, I believe I read someone on here say we've haven't been eliminated out of the playoffs yet, and I don't see how we haven't, and I hadn't factored that into my equation when I originally wrote this thread, I thought we were out of any possible shot of any playoff hopes had we lost. I was trying to angle my post in an effort to setup for the draft or make possible trades down the road. I am more interested in seeing how Pat Devlin will play and felt Matt Moore played good in his game against the Jets.

Ryan Tannehill played well enough to win the game against the 49ers (with the exception of that last drive), he completed 51% of his passed and had some close ones and back-to-back penalties killed us on one drive.

Our defense in my opinion is not getting many turnovers this season that may have made the difference in a game we had yesterday.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did Seattle see Matt Flynn in garbage time after putting a whooping on Arizona?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would we sit a guy that needs all the experience he can get. Vaark hit it right on the head.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    Did Seattle see Matt Flynn in garbage time after putting a whooping on Arizona?
    I did not see that game, just the score 58-0, but I heard the Cardinals had a lot of turnovers.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Etuoo33 View Post
    Why would we sit a guy that needs all the experience he can get. Vaark hit it right on the head.
    Well if we believe what some people are saying, we have no Left Tackle, no receivers, etc, why expose Tannehill to a possible injury that could extend into the off season, just to eek out a win or two. Now I wrote that thinking we had absolutely no chance of making the playoffs at 8-8, not that I think we will, but if you believe in math, well then maybe.

d-1
    Quote Quote