Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fields/Freeny thing - if you haven't checked this out you should...

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah, did shula have to deal with helmet to helmet on QB's? Things have changed quite a bit. And Shula stunk in later years comparitively so if anyone is thinking Shula was god once modern day football came along, you got another thing coming.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with the idea of cutting players for mistakes. But if the Fins did that they wouldn't have many players left. Philbin tried to send some messages in camp by cutting Johnson and others, but where is the accountability right now in the season? This team is plagued by mistakes. We all agree we are not that talented, but heads up play can make up for some talent deficiency as the OP has pointed out from the book. Where is our heady play?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ESPN just featured Freeny's play on their "C'Mon Man" segment. I am so sick of them always bashing the Phins and giving the Patriots and Brady a blow job.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    It's Only Happened ONCE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    To me it just seemed odd and funny. A punter getting in the face of defensive end and shoving him. Could you imagine if Garo Yepremian had jumped in the face of Manny Fernandez and shoved him? Fernandez might have kicked Garo through the uprights.
    Manny Fernandez knew the rules. In the event he would cover a punt he would have been smart enough to stop & down the ball instead of celebrating & pumping his chest & walking into the endzone before the whistle blew. If he did, the punter would have never even got close to him because the rest of the Dolphins would be jacking him up! (Half the Dolphins actually. The other half would be restraining Shula)
    You Play to Win the Game!
    In It to Win It!

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I missed this anyone have a clip? I saw it get called a touchback and I immediately walked outside to have a smoke.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    ESPN just featured Freeny's play on their "C'Mon Man" segment. I am so sick of them always bashing the Phins and giving the Patriots and Brady a blow job.
    And if you are watching MNF so far tonight, you will see why they not only blow but swallow. Brady is putting on another clinic so far. And we can talk all day long about a playmaking WR and a vertical threat, but on Bradys second TD off play action tonight, any of the Fins receivers including the new waiver wire pickup could've made the play.

This is about a system and flawless execution by all 11 led by Brady. A gameplan that is typically spot on and players who make it happen. We can talk all day about lack of talent, but when guys named Woodhead Edelman and related can make plays in a system, playing team ball, the difference is clear.

Bashing the Fins is actually legitimate. Miami has not been able to get out of their own way on offense for many years.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fields/Freeny thing - if you haven't checked this out you should...

I posted about the book before Fins bye week… no one seemed interested… it's a great read!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Suppose that will happen when the Pat's stop winning 12-13+ games a year and we stop losing 9-10+. Based on recent trends....bashing based on poor play isn't uncalled for or inaccurate.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Misplaced PhinFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Live Oak, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Philibin won't cu anyone he's to nice.

geeat teams don't have bonehead players like that. **** the entire team is full of it. Bonehead owner bonehead Gm n a ***** coach = pathetic organization.
    Bonehead fans
    Quote Quote