Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic!

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    I miss the days where the Dolphins were at least perennial playoff participants. Now we're working on our 7th losing season in the past 9 years...no bueno. Before 2004, we only had 2 losing seasons in 24 years.
    Keep your head up, my friend. Look on the bright side.

We're getting a water slide soon.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Keep your head up, my friend. Look on the bright side.

We're getting a water slide soon.

I do miss six flags atlantis
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    I miss the days where the Dolphins were at least perennial playoff participants. Now we're working on our 7th losing season in the past 9 years...no bueno. Before 2004, we only had 2 losing seasons in 24 years.
    I've been a fan since 1981 and (assuming that this season is also sub-.500) I've now seen 7 times as many losing seasons in the past 9 years as I did during my first 23 years of fandom.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I do miss six flags atlantis
    Some people don't even care about the new water slide.

Rampant negativity around here I say.

I'm excited about it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've been a fan since 1981 and (assuming that this season is also sub-.500) I've now seen 7 times as many losing seasons in the past 9 years as I did during my first 23 years of fandom.
    I think there are many on here who have never experienced a winning season as a Fins fan based on their post...Thats where this franchise is in the last days of 2012.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post

Hooray mediocrity!
    Actually it's much worse. It's "SUB"-mediocrity

Losing seasons is SUBMEDIOCRE...

Submediocre 4 years in a row ;-)
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is the craziest spin yet. That 7-9 would be some extraordinary achievement and way beyond even our wildest expectations. With our schedule and no major injuries in a division with 2 other terrible teams... It was going to be a real challenge for us to have a really bad year. Rookie QB and new coaching staff are valid excuses for struggles, but there was also a lot of continuity on this team. Ireland is supposed to have some master plan here that at some point might even include improvement and success. If your mind is blown by 7-9, you have outrageously low expectations.

Success is actually pretty obvious. People here try so hard to spin situations and create contexts that somehow find minor successes in failure, but that's an illusion. When we're successful, we'll all know. It's not ****ing reading tea leaves.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Hooray sub .500!

Nothing changed from last season!

Too many shortsighted people.

MIAMI just went away from "PARCELLSBALL", and into the 21st Century NFL. It required massive change. MIAMI put in 2 completely new "systems": a "4-3" D replacing the previous "3-4"; and a WCO and "zone blocking" replacing whatever you call PARCELLS' system. You would expect MIAMI to be even worse!!! But the team already has 5 wins, and except for a couple bounces and some unexplainable erratic play from a very solid FG Kicker, MIAMI could be 8-5 w/an outside shot at 9-4. It's better than we had a right to expect, and a testament to just how good MANY of MIAMI's players really are.

And now, all of a sudden, we have a LOT of "cap" space. And a lot of Draft Picks. And a GM that isn't under the thumb of his Mentor (PARCELLS) and the Mentor's outdated brand of football. And a Coaching Staff that belongs in the modern NFL, and not the NFL of yesteryear. And a team that needs some more talented players, but not--repeat NOT--that MANY more. I myself am encouraged, more than I've been in a very long time. What if, for example, we had a C AVRIL to play opposite WAKE? And what if we had a certain deep threat WR presently playing in PITTSBURGH? And what if we landed a certain very solid F/A G? And what if we keep our own F/As? And what if we just continue to follow Coach PHILBIN's approach, and keep trying to develop OUR OWN players as well?

Well, guess what, fellow DOLFANS? MIAMI can do ALL OF THAT...and perhaps more. And that's w/o even talking about the Draft, and the possibility of landing a top CB or two, or a certain unholy terror of a MLB from Notre Dame, plus a couple more contributors. I can't even REMEMBER when MIAMI was in a position to do as much. So, to all those who say that the glass is half-empty (or worse), I say no, it's half full...and there's a lot more Chateau Neuf De Pape '54 to pour into it!

All those in favor, say "aye"; all opposed, kiss my ever-lovin' a**.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the words of Harold Lauder "Every dog has his day...."
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Dreamer View Post
    I think there are many on here who have never experienced a winning season as a Fins fan based on their post...Thats where this franchise is in the last days of 2012.
    In 30+ years I have seen 19 winning seasons from 1982 till now. In these last 12 years since 2000 I have seen 7 losing seasons (4 in row till right now).

I have enjoyed 2 Super Bowls XVII and XIX, 20 playoff appearances, 7 AFC East Championships, and 2 AFC Championships.

I just want us to win and be the franchise we once was. I miss it. I love the Dolphins like my own kids and I want to be proud of them one day again but, right now I just want us to be better and that's all I ask. Thanks Pasquale.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote