Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic!

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post

This is the craziest spin yet. That 7-9 would be some extraordinary achievement and way beyond even our wildest expectations. With our schedule and no major injuries in a division with 2 other terrible teams... It was going to be a real challenge for us to have a really bad year. Rookie QB and new coaching staff are valid excuses for struggles, but there was also a lot of continuity on this team. Ireland is supposed to have some master plan here that at some point might even include improvement and success. If your mind is blown by 7-9, you have outrageously low expectations.

Success is actually pretty obvious. People here try so hard to spin situations and create contexts that somehow find minor successes in failure, but that's an illusion. When we're successful, we'll all know. It's not ****ing reading tea leaves.
    +1

The spin doctoring that goes on in this forum is hilarious
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't necessarily agree with the Ireland support, this is the last chance he has imo to get us playmakers and have a successful offseason. However, I agree that none of us should have really been expecting playoffs to start with. For all the reasons you said. Hell, we thought for most of the offseason that Moore or Garrard (good god WV called that situation to a tee) were gonna be the starting QB with Chad Johnson as the #1 and Hartline who didn't practice at all

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Season win over/under was 7.5, dropped to 7, and finally settled at 6.5.

I don't seen how our path or current standing is unimaginable.

It would be realistic to expect a break out game or two from our rookie quarterback. That's supposed to be normalcy, in fact, a game where everything clicks and you've got 31 points and three touchdowns passes by the middle of the third quarter. Sample is 13 at this point. We've had the logical two games with high picks but nothing on the extreme upside. Not a full game. Final half quarter against Seattle was nice.

I am very pleased at our defensive sturdiness on the front line. I thought it might suffer on transition to the 4-3. Belichick wasn't blowing smoke when he praised those guys. Yeah, we fall off pace and disappoint now and again but it's comforting to be rugged against the run. Nice foundation if we can maintain and build upon it for a few years.

Mostly, I'd like to wake up one morning to news our stadium collapsed into rubble. At that point we could draft Vaughn Telemaque in the first round and I'd still be rejoicing uncontrollably.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PASQUALE View Post
    In 30+ years I have seen 19 winning seasons from 1982 till now. In these last 12 years since 2000 I have seen 7 losing seasons (4 in row till right now).

I have enjoyed 2 Super Bowls XVII and XIX, 20 playoff appearances, 7 AFC East Championships, and 2 AFC Championships.

I just want us to win and be the franchise we once was. I miss it. I love the Dolphins like my own kids and I want to be proud of them one day again but, right now I just want us to be better and that's all I ask. Thanks Pasquale.
    Spoken like a true fan and you deserve better...All of us do who are not just blog trolls but longtime fans who have experienced the franchise when it was relevant. Sad what they have done to the orange & teal...
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, and I predicted 5-6 wins...so, does that make the team good? No, it means they are as freaking bad as I thought they were...

Spin it any way you want, this team sucks.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic!

empty stadium for 2 snooze-lose games… oh yeah, the team'll be pumped up for it… yay!
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boy we sure do suck epic balls but I guess it could be worse so let's throw a ****in party... You should hear the way they talk about the Jets here in New York, you would think they're the worst team in NFL history and they have a BETTER record than we do. Meanwhile dumbass Dolphins shills continue to blather on about how we should be so excited about yet another losing season. Just shows u how disgustingly low the level of expectations have become around here.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    Boy we sure do suck epic balls but I guess it could be worse so let's throw a ****in party... You should hear the way they talk about the Jets here in New York, you would think they're the worst team in NFL history and they have a BETTER record than we do. Meanwhile dumbass Dolphins shills continue to blather on about how we should be so excited about yet another losing season. Just shows u how disgustingly low the level of expectations have become around here.
    I bet old Carlin would have some sweet observations about the fan base these days LOL...
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    Too many shortsighted people.

MIAMI just went away from "PARCELLSBALL", and into the 21st Century NFL. It required massive change. MIAMI put in 2 completely new "systems": a "4-3" D replacing the previous "3-4"; and a WCO and "zone blocking" replacing whatever you call PARCELLS' system. You would expect MIAMI to be even worse!!! But the team already has 5 wins, and except for a couple bounces and some unexplainable erratic play from a very solid FG Kicker, MIAMI could be 8-5 w/an outside shot at 9-4. It's better than we had a right to expect, and a testament to just how good MANY of MIAMI's players really are.

And now, all of a sudden, we have a LOT of "cap" space. And a lot of Draft Picks. And a GM that isn't under the thumb of his Mentor (PARCELLS) and the Mentor's outdated brand of football. And a Coaching Staff that belongs in the modern NFL, and not the NFL of yesteryear. And a team that needs some more talented players, but not--repeat NOT--that MANY more. I myself am encouraged, more than I've been in a very long time. What if, for example, we had a C AVRIL to play opposite WAKE? And what if we had a certain deep threat WR presently playing in PITTSBURGH? And what if we landed a certain very solid F/A G? And what if we keep our own F/As? And what if we just continue to follow Coach PHILBIN's approach, and keep trying to develop OUR OWN players as well?

Well, guess what, fellow DOLFANS? MIAMI can do ALL OF THAT...and perhaps more. And that's w/o even talking about the Draft, and the possibility of landing a top CB or two, or a certain unholy terror of a MLB from Notre Dame, plus a couple more contributors. I can't even REMEMBER when MIAMI was in a position to do as much. So, to all those who say that the glass is half-empty (or worse), I say no, it's half full...and there's a lot more Chateau Neuf De Pape '54 to pour into it!

All those in favor, say "aye"; all opposed, kiss my ever-lovin' a**.
    what if my grandma had balls... well than **** she would be my grandpa.

the circles people go in to try and defend how awful the dolphins have been year after year is just laughable. you want a realistic what if scenario... what if we resign jake long to an over priced contract. what if we resign hartline.sean smith and starks. and bush. and fasano... because since we have no realistic depth at any of those positions... then you have to sign your rookies.. POOF. all that cap space that we have been flaunting around is GONE. this team is not one player away like so many here believes. so spending the remaing 10 million to grab a premier player like a cliff avril or mike wallace does you marginal benefit because then yuo still have a whole roster of holes (created by the captain of the ****) still to fill

all this talk about its "so hard to switch systems", little Jeff is finally out of the shadow of Parcells... look at all the talent he brought itn.. the future is so bright.... it makes me feel pity about what would actually be acceptable to you guys. if we broke .500 there might be a rally in the streets like we won the goddamn superbowl.

Color me unexcited that we have all these draft picks and all this money in the hands of good ol' reliable jeff.... I'm sure we will turn it around.. and if not, THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR AMIRITE?
    Last edited by damanref10; 12-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Quote