Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

1. -31
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Dilfer said the same thing about Chad Henne.
    If he did then that's disappointing, but if you can find the article where the words 'rock star' or anything of the like are used about Henne, I'd like to read it just for a laugh lol.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I admit I'm not 100% sold on Tannehill being the answer for us at QB. I'm not even close to given up on him yet either though. When we got the ball with 4+ minutes to go down by a a TD I thought of it in Finheaven terms:
    If he ties the game he can build his legacy as the future franchise QB of the Miami Dolphins.
    If he doesn't it will be somebody else's fault.

C'mon, thats funny because its the theme here, has been all year.

Anyway my point is of all the pundits I take Shefter's opinion on anything other then scoop extremely lightly. When I first started watching NFL Network back in 2005 he blew it with me. It was Nick Saban's first year as our head coach and Shefter was doing a camp tour on the Dolphins. He said Saban ran tthe most organized practices he'd ever seen and that the Dolphins would win at least 10 games after what he saw. The prediction was actually not bad because we went 9-7 that year. However 2 weeks later in the NFL Network season preview he had us at 5-11. That flip flop killed his credability with me.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teemu7 View Post
    So who are Russell Wilson's weapons? Tanny doesn't have a number 1 wr, but he has a good running game, a pretty solid pass catching tight end, a decent slot receiver.

The problem is he misses a ton of throws every single game. You can say lack of weapons too, but what is the dropped ball stat? Does anyone have it?
    I think you're using the phrase "A Ton" way too loosely, missing one or two open receivers in a game only SEEMS like a ton because they don't get open that much. For a team with true playmakers, one or two missed open receivers would not be categorized as a ton.

How about

Marshawn Lynch: 1,266 yards and 9TD Compared to Reggie Bush: 622 yards 6TD
    Sidney Rice 7TD
    Ben Tate 7TD

Compared to D. Bess - 1TD
    Hartline: 1TD

Bottom line is - Give us Atlanta's group of receivers and TE and we're easily 9-4 do you not agree?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tanny is not accurate and is leaving too many TD's on the field because of lack of accuracy. Yes, he has lack of talent but when he has the chance, he is unable to delivered.
    He only played 19 games in college, so he needs more seasoning, lets see what happens, but so far, he is not doing a good job and is one of the worse starting QB in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Than should we draft another QB if a good one is available? Serious question. If you were calling our shots for us, would you draft someone else in the 1st?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Tom Brady = Super Bowls

You guys crack me up every time you bring up legends and attempt to draw a correlation.
    I agree. You can't compare Ryan Tannehill missing a couple throws to the 1 or 2 games a season guys like Brady and Brees play mediocre and miss similar throws. These guys light it up for the rest of the year so when they miss or have bad games its excusable. Tannehill has done virtually nothing to warrant a pass at this point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    The point is even the legends miss throws. You're welcome for the clarification.
    Legends make up for it by winning big games, MVP's, championships. You're welcome for the clarity.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    Than should we draft another QB if a good one is available? Serious question. If you were calling our shots for us, would you draft someone else in the 1st?
    Sigh... NO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Schefter's no fool and he's not calling Tannehill a bust. I get where he's coming from. I believe in Tannehill's future with us. He shows a poise and skillset that far exceeds our last hyped up bust (Henne). But his play now isn't really a confirmation of what we hope his future ability will be. It is what it is. We don't get a clear view of him because he has nothing to work with.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    I think you're using the phrase "A Ton" way too loosely, missing one or two open receivers in a game only SEEMS like a ton because they don't get open that much. For a team with true playmakers, one or two missed open receivers would not be categorized as a ton.

How about

Marshawn Lynch: 1,266 yards and 9TD Compared to Reggie Bush: 622 yards 6TD
    Sidney Rice 7TD
    Ben Tate 7TD

Compared to D. Bess - 1TD
    Hartline: 1TD

Bottom line is - Give us Atlanta's group of receivers and TE and we're easily 9-4 do you not agree?
    Give the Saints our defense and they're competing for a Super Bowl. You have to score in this league.
    Quote Quote