Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 252

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

  1. -131
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    1,028
    vCash:
    3988
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watching the NE Texans game and Brady has thrown passes where he's missed open receivers and they're up 35-7. How does that happen? Because he has open receivers on almost every damn play so it doesn't seem so bad. We do Not have that luxury.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -132
    biggfish72's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    291
    vCash:
    1306
    Loc:
    Nor.Cali
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    except for when you do like to judge a qb on one play. How about the ONE play where he throws a ball to where only fasano can catch it? Is that all the tight end because he laid out and caught a ball? Some of the **** I read on these main boards just makes me want to beat myself over the head with a ****ing ball bat.
    This is a team that a lot of people picked preseason to win 2-4 games, and since we won some games early, all of a sudden a certain few want to act like we were somehow going to win 10 games and make the playoffs because the AFC is so weak this year.
    one reason i don't like coming here after we lose just a bunch of CRY baby's here,more like FIN~HATER ..lol
    DOMINATION & DEVASTATEION 72.:bling:
    Quote Quote  

  3. -133
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    4,329
    vCash:
    19883
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    agreed man, the comparisons to manning are so comical.

    as u pointed out, rookies back in the day,they actually played in an nfl where defenders were allowed to play defense, making it a lot harder to be successful. this day and age, it is almost impossible for a starting qb not do well, be it a rookie or not with the rules in place.

    also, i, as i am sure many ppl on here have seen mannings rookie season, and honestly, i see no flashes from tannehill that make me thing he is even close to peyton manning.

    when manning went 3-13 with indy in his rookie year, everyone knew he was going to be a star regardless, he showed a ton of flashes.

    tannehill has regressed mightily since that colt game in the 2nd half.

    now the jury is still out on him as it has only been 13 games, but to bring up manning every time he struggles is comical. why cant people just admit the guy has ****ing sucked since the 2nd half of the colt game?

    i am a dolphin fan, i want him to be a star, this franchise has put there future in his hands, if he sucks, we will suck for a long time, if he is a star, this team will turn around. obviously we all want the latter and i am still hopeful it can be, but right now i am a bit worried with how he is regressing, not progressing.

    the no talent argument as to why he is playing poor is BS. yes, he does not have a wr the caliber of calvin johnson, we get it, he does not have the most talent surrounding him, but then again he has the same team he had early in the year where he actually was showing great promise of being the future, and his play has just gone south.

    rg3 lost his starting tightend fred davis early in year, garcon had been hurt most of year, the skins o line has been banged up, yet he has been able to work with what he has, russell wilson, although i am not sold long term on him yet, he does not exactly have the best weapons in the pass game, but his efficient play is making his wr better.

    its time for tannehill to step it up for the final 3 games and give us hope. we play the jags who have the worst rated defense in nfl i believe. no excuse here. if he struggles vs the jags, id be alarmed.
    and you've seen no flashes with RT? He's led a worse team to a better record. You must not be watching.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -134
    Dmarino110's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    1,885
    vCash:
    4395
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfaneric12 View Post
    Hard to believe Aikman was 0-11 his rookie year
    it was a completely different game back then..you could hit the qb and you could mug the receivers at the los...they have changed the rules to make it so QBs are THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the team. look at all the records being broken by rookies, because it is easier now than in the 80s and 90s...

    just think about what dan would do if he played now...



    Quote Quote  

  5. -135
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,630
    vCash:
    4815
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    and you've seen no flashes with RT? He's led a worse team to a better record. You must not be watching.
    i saw flashes against the cardinals, raiders, or i can just say the 1st half of the season. since the 2nd half vs indy, i have not really seen any progress, but if u have, i guess we r watching different games.

    your supposed to progress as the season goes on, not regress, u cant tell me he has looked good since that indy game.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -136
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    4,329
    vCash:
    19883
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i saw flashes against the cardinals, raiders, or i can just say the 1st half of the season. since the 2nd half vs indy, i have not really seen any progress, but if u have, i guess we r watching different games.

    your supposed to progress as the season goes on, not regress, u cant tell me he has looked good since that indy game.
    The ENTIRE team has regressed. What has Bush done in the 2nd half? What has our defense done, especially the secondary. The list goes on and on.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -137
    OyeDale305's Avatar
    MIA#1

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    1,790
    vCash:
    8491
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny people saying tannehill doesn't have the "it" factor.. but the Seattle game meant nothing lmao i swear ppl on here have no clue about football.. Wasn't this the year for tannehill to learn? LET HIM LEARN FFS stop comparing luck and RGIII to tannehill those were already ready to start.. just have some faith
    Quote Quote  

  8. -138
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,630
    vCash:
    4815
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    The ENTIRE team has regressed. What has Bush done in the 2nd half? What has our defense done, especially the secondary. The list goes on and on.
    the qb is the leader of the offense. as the qb goes, so goes the offense. good qb play= good offensive unit play. poor qb play= bad offensive unit play.

    take for example last year with this team, do u think its just a coincidence that when matt moore replaced henne, the team slowly started to looked a lot better as a whole? why? bc moore was a significant upgrade to chad henne, and the team improved dramatically from what it had been with henne.

    when tannehill was playing well at the beggining of the season, we were scoring more, have longer sustained drives, which led to a well rested defense, and a better overall team performance.

    however, since the 2nd half of the indy game, our qb play has stunk, which has led to an entire offensive collapse for the most part, bc as the qb play regresses, so does the entire offense as a whole.

    i understand hes a rookie, but in this day and age, rookies can come in and play well right away. no one is criticizing him because he is not taking us to a Superbowl this year, but its because he looks far from the qb he did in the 1st 7 games.

    i hope he improves next year because the dolphins are pinning there future hope on tannehill, and if he is a failure, we will just be irrelevant for many more years to come. im not giving up hope yet, im just stating what i have seen.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -139
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2003
    Posts:
    2,044
    vCash:
    2027
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    the problem is with most ppl, they just can not admit he has sucked since the 2nd half of the indy game. no one is saying this means he is a lock to be a bad qb in this league, he may very well turn out to be a good qb, but right now he has regressed, not progressed, and that is not what u want to see from your rookie qb as the season drags on. he has not exactly had to play the murderers row of defenses, getting to play the colts, titans, and bills back to back to back, and doing nothing.

    also, i do not like to judge a qb on 1 play, but it was very alarming when on 4th and 10 yesterday, he throws a ball away where no one is, rather than forcing something. the 1 thing u can not do as a qb is just throw the ball away in a situation like that. it was not like it was 1st down with 10 minutes to go in the 1st, it was 4th down, u had nothing to lose but forcing something to someone in a white jersey, but instead he elects to throw it away where no one had a chance to do anything.
    Not the first time he has done that... or thrown short of the sticks on 3rd down.

    Dude is THE worst QB in the NFL on third down... THE WORST.

    Let that sink in.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -140
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,423
    vCash:
    1905
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All those rookie QBs are making the players around them better. You can say Tannehill is somewhat doing that too with Bess and Hartline. But if you say Tannehill is sucking cause he needs players to make him better than maybe he isn't the guy. Franchise QBs should make the players around them better not the other way around. Otherwise you have Sanchez at QB.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM
  2. Question about Tannehill, anyone got the answer?
    By next-year in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM
  3. Clev will NOT take Tannehill at #4 Per Schefter
    By foozool13 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
  4. Schefter: Flynn will visit with Dolphins on Saturday
    By Casas9425 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •