Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 252

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

  1. -141
    TheJetsBlow's Avatar
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,632
    vCash:
    7778
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    All those rookie QBs are making the players around them better. You can say Tannehill is somewhat doing that too with Bess and Hartline. But if you say Tannehill is sucking cause he needs players to make him better than maybe he isn't the guy. Franchise QBs should make the players around them better not the other way around. Otherwise you have Sanchez at QB.
    As far as I know, Ryan Tannehill can't make his ****ty WR's seperate from DB's. I mean, he can't run routes for them. I think the fact he has Bess and Hartline at almost 1,000 yards each is a ****ing miracle to be honest.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -142
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,883
    vCash:
    9434
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    the qb is the leader of the offense. as the qb goes, so goes the offense. good qb play= good offensive unit play. poor qb play= bad offensive unit play.

    take for example last year with this team, do u think its just a coincidence that when matt moore replaced henne, the same slowly started to looked a lot better as a whole? why? bc moore was a significant upgrade to chad henne, and the team improved dramatically from what it had been with henne.

    when tannehill was playing well at the beggining of the season, we were scoring more, have longer sustained drives, which led to a well rested defense, and a better overall team performance.

    however, since the 2nd half of the indy game, our qb play has stunk, which has led to an entire offensive collapse for the most part, bc as the qb play regresses, so does the entire offense as a whole.

    i understand hes a rookie, but in this day and age, rookies can come in and play well right away. no one is criticizing him because he is not taking us to a Superbowl this year, but its because he looks far from the qb he did in the 1st 7 games.

    i hope he improves next year because the dolphins are pinning there future hope on tannehill, and if he is a failure, we will just be irrelevant for many more years to come. im not giving up hope yet, im just stating what i have seen.
    again, another counter-factual arguement. Who is to say that had Chad Henne held on to his starting job, he would have turned it around and led us to the same place Matt Moore did (which is nowhere)?

    So, its okay to compare the Henne/Moore (who stepped in as a veteran QB) situation from last year with what??? RT situation this year?... yet Peyton rookie year vs Tannehill rookie year is an asinine comparison. Interesting logic there.

    Quaterback is the leader of the team, but the team surrouding RT is ****. I remember a lot of recent special teams blunders, boneheaded play and penalties from the secondary, lack of protection, lack of running game, lack of separation from receivers. I'd argue that RT is regressing because he is being pulled down by the utter uselessness of what is surrounding him.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -143
    OyeDale305's Avatar
    MIA#1

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    1,674
    vCash:
    7524
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Not the first time he has done that... or thrown short of the sticks on 3rd down.

    Dude is THE worst QB in the NFL on third down... THE WORST.

    Let that sink in.
    on 3rd down you usually depend your best wr to make a play lmaoooooooooooooo have you notice the only plays we run are curl/comeback routes umm if i was a safety ill have the best job in the world. Look i know tannehill missed some throws i get that but if you dont understand how hard is it for him as a damn rookie to have deal with no real talent around him then idk what else i can say
    Quote Quote  

  4. -144
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,883
    vCash:
    9434
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    on 3rd down you usually depend your best wr to make a play lmaoooooooooooooo have you notice the only plays we run are curl/comeback routes umm if i was a safety ill have the best job in the world. Look i know tannehill missed some throws i get that but if you dont understand how hard is it for him as a damn rookie to have deal with no real talent around him then idk what else i can say
    RT is also one of the best QB's in the league on throws of 20+ yards, but of course the haters will neglect to mention those statistics.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -145
    OyeDale305's Avatar
    MIA#1

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    1,674
    vCash:
    7524
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    RT is also one of the best QB's in the league on throws of 20+ yards, but of course the haters will neglect to mention those statistics.
    lol idk how he does it
    Quote Quote  

  6. -146
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    272
    vCash:
    1907
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you guys see how Brady just sat there and shredded the Texans tonight?

    He makes it look so easy, why can't Tannehill watch Brady tapes and learn to just rifle it in there.

    It may not make a difference how well Tannehill plays in the future, as long as Brady is with the Patriots.

    We are losing because we cant score enough points, so Tannehill will receive much of the blame.

    -ucfpf13
    Quote Quote  

  7. -147
    TheWarriorFins's Avatar
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,138
    vCash:
    2155
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfphinfan13 View Post
    Did you guys see how Brady just sat there and shredded the Texans tonight?

    He makes it look so easy, why can't Tannehill watch Brady tapes and learn to just rifle it in there.

    It may not make a difference how well Tannehill plays in the future, as long as Brady is with the Patriots.

    We are losing because we cant score enough points, so Tannehill will receive much of the blame.

    -ucfpf13
    LMAO comparing the rookie tannehill to a vet like brady and offensive talent around him. Tannehill can't just sit there with this o-line. Wow at the retardation this board is after a lose, it's like they've never heard of the context before.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -148
    OyeDale305's Avatar
    MIA#1

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    1,674
    vCash:
    7524
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfphinfan13 View Post
    Did you guys see how Brady just sat there and shredded the Texans tonight?

    He makes it look so easy, why can't Tannehill watch Brady tapes and learn to just rifle it in there.

    It may not make a difference how well Tannehill plays in the future, as long as Brady is with the Patriots.

    We are losing because we cant score enough points, so Tannehill will receive much of the blame.

    -ucfpf13
    lmaoo comparing a rookie to a vet like brady wow
    Quote Quote  

  9. -149
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    272
    vCash:
    1907
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    LMAO comparing the rookie tannehill to a vet like brady and offensive talent around him. Tannehill can't just sit there with this o-line. Wow at the retardation this board is after a lose, it's like they've never heard of the context before.
    Well I have seen Tannehill compared to other future Hall of Famers, in their first seasons. I'm not asking or expecting Tannehill to be Tom Brady in his first season, but how about throwing some accurate passes and hitting some receivers in stride.

    -ucfpf13
    Quote Quote  

  10. -150
    TheWarriorFins's Avatar
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,138
    vCash:
    2155
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfphinfan13 View Post
    Well I have seen Tannehill compared to other future Hall of Famers, in their first seasons. I'm not asking or expecting Tannehill to be Tom Brady in his first season, but how about throwing some accurate passes and hitting some receivers in stride.

    -ucfpf13
    How about they get some separation and tom brady wasn't very accurate despite all the offensive talent he has around him don't make it sound like tannehill and brady are in the same situation dealing with the same thing.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM
  2. Question about Tannehill, anyone got the answer?
    By next-year in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM
  3. Clev will NOT take Tannehill at #4 Per Schefter
    By foozool13 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
  4. Schefter: Flynn will visit with Dolphins on Saturday
    By Casas9425 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •