Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

1. -191
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For a kid that wasn't even supposed to whiff the field this season. A kid touted as someone who had to sit and learn for at least a year. For a kid who was reportedly raw, and needs development, he's playing about as well/poorly as I suspected. I was surprised during the first part of the year. But I think we're seeing what he is right now in his development. Teams have a body of work to study, then can game plan against our "play makers" or lack thereof.

Everyone called him the answer a few weeks ago, now they have doubt? I think everyone has forgotten what he was in the first place. Flirting with the notion of the playoffs was nice for a while, but now we can return to this season being truly a development year as it was supposed to be.
    Quote Quote  

2. -192
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Ridiculous...this is what happens when someone anaylizes performances from the stat sheet mostly. We have a pathetic receiving corp, an O-line with some big holes and oh yeah.....he is still a rookie with half the career starts of the other rookies and is still in the process of learning to become a very good pro quarterback.

I have no doubt about this kids future....its up to the Dolphins to give him a team capable of winning.

What is starting to distress me the most is this team keeps investing top picks on O-lineman consistently going back to when we passed on Vince Wilfork for Carey....and we still have an incomplete line.
    what is different between him and Mark buttfumble where neither of them had a lot of starts but one is going to be a star and one is probably done...

Tannehill has shown 1 or 2 flashes of good play not great play...

Quote Quote  

3. -193
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    what is different between him and Mark buttfumble where neither of them had a lot of starts but one is going to be a star and one is probably done...

Tannehill has shown 1 or 2 flashes of good play not great play...
    buttfumble has helped his team reach 2 title games, won 4 playoff games, been in postseason 2 of 3 years, never finished below .500 and is in another playoff race. buttfumble has been awful this year but he's had some very good games despite all the injuries and lack of talent around him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -194
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    buttfumble has helped his team reach 2 title games, won 4 playoff games, been in postseason 2 of 3 years, never finished below .500 and is in another playoff race. buttfumble has been awful this year but he's had some very good games despite all the injuries and lack of talent around him.
    For all the criticism Tannehill is taking, The Jets are a perfect example of how you can take a decent QB, surround him with crap, and see his production plummet. The teams aren't entirely similar, but there are similarities.
    Quote Quote  

5. -195
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    For a kid that wasn't even supposed to whiff the field this season. A kid touted as someone who had to sit and learn for at least a year. For a kid who was reportedly raw, and needs development, he's playing about as well/poorly as I suspected. I was surprised during the first part of the year. But I think we're seeing what he is right now in his development. Teams have a body of work to study, then can game plan against our "play makers" or lack thereof.

Everyone called him the answer a few weeks ago, now they have doubt? I think everyone has forgotten what he was in the first place. Flirting with the notion of the playoffs was nice for a while, but now we can return to this season being truly a development year as it was supposed to be.
    And that is the key really. He was a project when we picked him, I still think you don't pick a project, especially a long one with the 8th pick in the draft. We are stuck with him like it or not, the problem I see is that our D is ready to win now, with the addition of a few playmakers on O and a CB and Safety on D, we could be legitimate playoff contenders next year, but I still doubt Tanny will be ready for that. Years 3 and 4 are when he should be expected to lead this team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -196
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    For all the criticism Tannehill is taking, The Jets are a perfect example of how you can take a decent QB, surround him with crap, and see his production plummet. The teams aren't entirely similar, but there are similarities.
    both of our QBs need help around them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -197
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just don't understand how everyone looks for an excuse to cover/justify their argument. Whatever happened with holding a player accountable? You guys make it sound if we bring in stars, future hall of famers, then Tannehill will excel, well who wouldn't? Right now he's not playing to the level of a #1 pick. As for buttfumble, I need to worry about what is going on in my own backyard let alone with something in NY, plus they had a Miami Hurricane go up there and caused them all sorts of turmoil.

-ucfpf13
    Quote Quote  

8. -198
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Despacio View Post
    Six weeks ago Schefter was sure we found our answer, six weeks later he's not. He's as fickle as some of the fans around here. Schefter is a good reporter, but just another analyst playing reactionary games. Tannehill wasn't supposed to start this season, everything thus far has been gravy. Next year is the real test.
    Another great example.

I live in the Philly area and Baldinger is on Talk Radio here.

In the pre-season, he was anointing Nick Foles as the next Hall of Fame shoe in. He loved everything Nick Foles was able to do with his intangibles, moxy, etc.

About 3 weeks ago, Baldinger was on the air saying he was positive Nick Foles was not the answer for the Philadelphia Eagles going forward. He just simply does not believe Foles has the ability to become a franchise QB

3 days ago, Baldinger was praising Foles again, back to talking him up like he will be the next Dan Marino.

I just don't know how some of these reporters / analysts continue to keep their jobs. If I was this wishy washy in my job, I would have been fired 10 years ago.
    Quote Quote  

9. -199
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    trade a top 10 pick qb a year ago for a second or 3rd rounder...i hope i didn't read that right...

only team that should be entertaining something like that is jax with gabbert...if they could even get that in return...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -200
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have a hard time figuring out this board sometimes...endorse chad pennington til the cows come home despite his throwing arm falling off every time he got a sniff of the field and he limited the offense so much it wasn't funny and bag on the first rookie qb this franchise has had with any real franchise upside and talent and who all things considered has played pretty dang solid ball after 12 games...with jack squat to work personnel wise pretty much with and an oc who isn't helping his qb very much out with the gameplan and lack of rub routes and picks etc to get guys who are locked down in the red zone off coverage...

tough crowd to figure out...
    Quote Quote