Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

1. -201
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    trade a top 10 pick qb a year ago for a second or 3rd rounder...i hope i didn't read that right...

only team that should be entertaining something like that is jax with gabbert...if they could even get that in return...
    Is Tanny really having a better first season than Gabbet, perhaps but not by a lot ? Was Tanny really worth the 8th pick in the draft anyway ? Sometimes it's wise to take a step back to move forward. I'm not saying to do it, you make your bed you got to lie in it, but it might be a wise decision if you think the guy doesn't have it to reach his ceiling.

Couch, Leaf, buttfumble, Russel, the league is littered with first round QB's that had their franchise made a quicker decision could have eased the blow of missing on a high pick QB. Like I said it's not going to happen as we knew what we were getting into with Tanny (the project), it doesn't mean will made the right move or changing courses early is not the right call.
    Quote Quote  

2. -202
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Is Tanny really having a better first season than Gabbet, perhaps but not by a lot ? Was Tanny really worth the 8th pick in the draft anyway ? Sometimes it's wise to take a step back to move forward. I'm not saying to do it, you make your bed you got to lie in it, but it might be a wise decision if you think the guy doesn't have it to reach his ceiling.

Couch, Leaf, buttfumble, Russel, the league is littered with first round QB's that had their franchise made a quicker decision could have eased the blow of missing on a high pick QB. Like I said it's not going to happen as we knew what we were getting into with Tanny (the project), it doesn't mean will made the right move or changing courses early is not the right call.
    are you seriously trying to tell me that tannehill and blaine gabbert have shown about the same as rookie qbs??? seriously??? i cannot take you seriously if that's the case...gabbert was hot garbage as a rookie...scared to death of contact...played the position like a girl

tannehills teammates respect him...gabberts can't wait for him to go away
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -203
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies

winning 4 playoff games and making 2 title games helped ease the blow of mark buttfumble.
    Quote Quote  

4. -204
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Claiming Tannehill is somebody we should give up on is probably the most idiotic thing I have heard all year.

However those who think he's the future franchise guy need to slow down as well . . . too early to tell either way.

Truth is, you can look at your GM and coach for getting rid of Brandon Marshall and specifically your GM for just not having the best eye for talent when it comes to the skill positions. He likes the cheap way out and the only time he went for it was on a guy who has trouble follow him and he lost value on a trade and he addresses the QB position after that weapon is gone. Now we expect our QB to make miracles happen with Davone Bess streaking down the middle and Brian Hartline on the sidelines and Marlon Moore and Rishard Matthews going deep. An OC who decides Sunday was the day to start thinking about Reggie in the passing game when some of us having been screaming to do so the entire year. The fact that you can bench Reggie Bush for a whole half because you think he's only good for running the ball and you can replace him with Daniel Thomas is idiotic on so many levels. Reggie should be in the game almost every snap . . . if not behind center, lined up in the slot to create a mismatch.

Tannehill has been far from perfect and he has had chances to make things happen and he has flat out missed . . . sure they were difficult passes but lets not make it seem like they were impossible . . . big time players make big plays and Tannehill hasn't made enough of them either. Sure he has limited help, but he hasn't been great this year and I wouldn't expect him to be.

The notion that somebody comes out and questions "Tannehill may not be the answer for the Dolphins" is down right idiotic. Sure he may not "be the answer" over time, but nothing this year has shown me that my grade on him is more sour than it was when he was drafted. Even factoring the worst I have seen of RT, he has performed better than I expected and I have high hopes for the kid. Whether he lives up to him is another story but giving up on RT at this moment is very premature.

I do think Pat Devlin is a great fit for the west coast offense and could be a great fit in this offense . . . that is up for the coaches to figure out but Tannehill has the goods, he just needs to put in the work this offseason and improve.
    Quote Quote  

5. -205
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill was worth the gamble at the eighth pick, especially with no franchise QBs projected to come out of college any time soon. Couch, Leaf, buttfumble and Russell were disasters because the teams that drafted them had to be invested in them for at least five years, especially given there was no rookie cap back then. In the same way, the Rams are stuck with Sam Bradford and had to pass up on RGIII. The Dolphins would have no issue cutting Tannehill loose if they're in a position to draft a franchise QB the next time around. Hell, the Dolphins might even be in a position to draft Barkley or Geno Smith in the second round.
    Quote Quote  

6. -206
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To those that understand that this thread is stupid, realize that Gabbert luck and griffin are probably the only rookie seasons these people have seen. They think its one or the other. They don't realize that GREAT qb's like Marino, Eli, Peyton, had mediocre rookie years, and they all had more talent around them.

either way, this team won't give up on Tany for another 3 years so this argument won't go anywhere.

tannehill will be a good qb.
    Quote Quote  

7. -207
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok not for nothing I keep hearing how the other guys do not have talent around them either which is utter crap. Luck has Wayne, Griffen has Garcon, and Wilson has one of the better running teams and Sidney Rice. Miami is still a middle of the pack team talent wise. Fasano's catch while great does nothing to overshadow the fact of how offensively overrated he is. No pure #1 receiver stepping up and an inconsistent running game. I just hate these analysis comments as though Miami is on the same playing field talent wise. Defensively oh yeah I think they are beyond the teams mentioned. Offensively I think they are still far behind.
    Quote Quote  

8. -208
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Answer me one question about Adam Schefter.

Has he ever played QB in the NFL?

No? He is dismissed. Give me Trent Dilfer's opinion, it's valid.
    Quote Quote  

9. -209
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    Answer me one question about Adam Schefter.

Has he ever played QB in the NFL?

No? He is dismissed. Give me Trent Dilfer's opinion, it's valid.

Don Shula never played QB in the NFL. Would you instantly dismiss his opinion? How about Tony Dungy's? Bill Belichick's?
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

10. -210
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The bottom line is that Tannehill has to get better. In some ways he is exceeding expectation, in that he is making good decisions for the most part and knows where to go with the ball. He needs to be more accurate and still maybe run a little more when there are opportunities. But, he also has very little talent around him. When Bess is running deep routes you know you need help at wide receiver. The Dolphins have the worst group of wide outs in the league and an offensive line with players who don't fit the scheme. Surround Tannehill with talent and let's see what we have.
    Quote Quote