Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

1. -61
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Schefter is totally 100% correct -
    Hope is not a strategy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    Actually if my memory serves me correctly Tannehill actually put us in position to win late but Carpenter missed the FG's in both games no??? Oh but that doesn't count because we didnt' win, regardless of what actually happened in the Game! Don't let facts get in the way. Point is, football is a team game.

Ryan is that you?
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look, I don't understand why people just can't keep an open mind about opinions on RT17 open to debate (good nickname by the way) and why make silly comments like we don't know anything about football.

No one on this board can predict whether RT17 will be a "rockstar" or another "Chad Henne" type of QB.

I want RT17 to be the next coming of Marino and I get it may take some time, but thus far as the season wears on, he hasn't really shown any real big improvement.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Difference is he makes up for his misses when it counts and he makes the offense better around him by simply being in the game.
    I'm not implying that Tannehill is Brady, but it's a lot easier to make those plays when it counts when you have play makers around you that can MAKE THOSE PLAYS WHEN IT COUNTS. Wes Welker stays open, Hernandez is a nightmare and Gronk is a MAN! come on dude, we don't have nothing close to that here. I agree that Great QB's can make people around him better but Tannehill isn't a great QB yet. He's a rookie with 19 college starts. He NEEDS help. This is football not tennis or golf.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSportShop View Post
    Bingo Schefty! About time people start talking about RT17 not being the QB answer. Great QBs instantly make the players around them better, no excuses for who else may or may not be on the roster.
    Game 13 of his rookie season, Peyton Manning lost to AtL 28-21 for his his 11th loss, threw for 159 yds with 2 TDs and 2Ints (11 ints in the last 7 games) with a 70QBR ... and that's with GOATs Harrison and Marshall Faulk among others. But it fell on him and the team and fans would have had every right to kick him to the curb at that point, right?

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Ryan is that you?
    I know right? Crazy for him to state the facts, rather than ignoring them to fit one's dumbass agenda.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Ryan is that you?
    Nope. Answer the question though, did he or did he not put us in position to win those games and or kicker missed the FG??????????
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is getting silly!
    Where or who is our TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Reggie Wayne, or Fleener, or the other rookie stud TE?
    Where or who is our Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Braylon Edwards or Zack Miller?
    Where or who is our Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon, or Leonard Hankerson?
    The only Rookie QB that we can maybe compare to RT is Weeden weeks 1-4. However they drafted Richardson, Travis Benjamin (from the U) and Josh Gordon (who we all wanted in the supplemental draft) to go along with Greg Little and Massiqoui (sp) to give him some nice weapons.

RT has what we had last year at WR and TE minus Marshall. Hell had a weak WR core with Marhsall last year and now you take that away and what are you left with? Really think about this....Brian Hartline is our best WR!!!!! Brian Hartline, Really??? Bess is the next best reciever and both of these guys are under 5-9. Both guys struggle to separate from the cornors each game. So what do we do? Run the Ball with Reggie who by the way steps side to side before hitting the hole and then runs backwards every game for the last 6 games. So we tell our Rookie QB with 19 college starts to win the game for us and for the most part gets us withing a TD or less each week. You want to say a great QB makes others better...heres proof. What would have henne done with this group....Oh yeah, that's right we went 0-7!!

Give the rooke guys that can run and catch the ball like the other guys have and lets see what happens then.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Defend, Defend, Defend. But Schefter is More Knowledgable then Me and Most All on Finheaven Dude. The Classic argument - he has no weapons/playmakers. But Yet he has missed Throws and Cost us Games. We have Lost 5 of 6 and RT has looked Average since the Start of the Season. By the Way he missed a TD to Bess Yesterday and 2 Last Week to Hartline. He is allowed to be Judged. The NFL is a Win Now. I hope he is the Man, but he has not shown it Yet.

Not Mentioning RG3, Luck, or Wlson. RT is not even in that Conversation But....
    Rookie QB's Philadelphia's Nick Foles and Washington's Kirk Cousins two rookie quarterbacks, added their name to the list on Sunday.Tannehill has been in those situations plenty this season - seven games now came down to fourth-quarter performance - and he's only delivered one victory in those critical, career defining situations in the fourth-quarter Dude.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we trade in Tanny for Johnny Football?
    Quote Quote