Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 252

Thread: Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

  1. -71
    Andyman's Avatar
    Canadian Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    751
    vCash:
    2442
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    I'd like a list of the 'wide open' receivers Tannehill missed for TD's yesterday. And if you even think about mentioning the Bess play, I'll just snuff that one out for ya right now- he was nowhere NEAR being wide open.
    Not to mention the fact that a receiver with any kind of speed makes that a TD catch.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

  2. -72
    miamiron's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    7,964
    vCash:
    863
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    Let's put it this way: Trent Dilfer, who played the position in the league for over a decade and won a SB, and who has since become one of the more respected analysts around when it comes to breaking down QB play, thinks Tannehill will be a 'rock star', to use Dilfer's words. I'll go with that educated opinion, formed after studying the tape, with the professional credentials to back it up, before I'll go with the opinion of a guy who once threw a football growing up on Long Island.

    ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, though, doesn’t think that’s a good idea. Dilfer, a former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl-winning quarterback, thinks the Dolphins are good enough to win in 2011 with Chad Henneunder center.
    “I think the franchise would take a giant step backward if they started over and went and got another rookie,”

    View on Sanchez
    "Sanchez is the unique talent of the last five or six draft classes because he has that Alpha male personality. He has that 'it factor.' Then physically he has the sudden feet, plenty of arm, is highly accurate, was mature beyond his years as a college player. He has a distinct advantage because of his makeup, the total package, and they're supporting him in such a great way.



    Quote Quote  

  3. -73
    phinman1's Avatar
    Seriously now

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,298
    vCash:
    1793
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh, so Shefter thinks there is a chance Tannehill isn't the answer. Now, he's not saying he won't be the answer, but there is a chance he won't be the answer. Shefter thought he was the answer 6 weeks ago, though now he isn't so sure. Though, he isn't saying he isn't the answer.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -74
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,403
    vCash:
    11234
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    Defend, Defend, Defend. But Schefter is More Knowledgable then Me and Most All on Finheaven Dude. The Classic argument - he has no weapons/playmakers. But Yet he has missed Throws and Cost us Games. We have Lost 5 of 6 and RT has looked Average since the Start of the Season. By the Way he missed a TD to Bess Yesterday and 2 Last Week to Hartline. He is allowed to be Judged. The NFL is a Win Now. I hope he is the Man, but he has not shown it Yet.

    Not Mentioning RG3, Luck, or Wlson. RT is not even in that Conversation But....
    Rookie QB's Philadelphia's Nick Foles and Washington's Kirk Cousins two rookie quarterbacks, added their name to the list on Sunday.Tannehill has been in those situations plenty this season - seven games now came down to fourth-quarter performance - and he's only delivered one victory in those critical, career defining situations in the fourth-quarter Dude.
    More knowledgable about what exactly? Reporting news? Because that's what he is, a news reporter. All of a sudden now he's a talent evaluator? If you don't mind I'll let the guys that have played and scouted as well as my own observations tell me if RT is the answer or not. I don't need a news reporter telling me that.

    Thanks.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -75
    dcnr226's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,106
    vCash:
    1594
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoomuch View Post
    I can't disagree with anything he is saying. I remember feeling that RT was a reach in the first round, and that fan pressure dictated that we HAD to draft a QB at that point. I'm not pretending to be some great evaluator, just going on what I read. Unfortunately, spending a first round pick on a QB doesn't guarantee that you get a great QB. Sadly, my confidence that he is "the guy" is really declining. I don't mean to bash him and I hope he turns out to be a great one, but lately he isn't showing me much. At all.
    What worries me is that Wilson, Luck, and RG3 DID IT to a certain extent in college. They were gamers then, gamers now. Is Tannehill a natural like those guys or does he just run this west coast system well?..remains to be seen.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -76
    Fish-Head's Avatar
    U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    2,358
    vCash:
    2369
    Loc:
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not really certain why people on both sides of this argument are so up in arms... Luck and RG3 were ELITE prospects coming out... Tannehill was not. The real story of this class is Wilson...

    The fact that Tanne came in and won the starting job actually puts him ahead of the curve since he was not expected to.. Have we seen enough to annoint him the next Tom Brady??? Hell no... have we seen enough to annoint him the next Ryan Leaf..? OF COURSE NOT. But we have seen enough to want to see more... This is the point... he has earned the right to get a longer look...

    I think the hallmark of rookie QB's is inconsistency... So the fact that he is up and down doesn't surprise me in the least. Schefter is merely pointing out that Tannehill has not won a game singlehandedly like the others have... Fair enough.. And He is wrapping that fact in a titillating headline in order to generate traffic and spark debate... and hey look we're on page 8 so far!!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -77
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    34,206
    vCash:
    10672
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have to understand that Adam Shefter is a former Bronco's beat writer, so if it doesn't involve him giving Elway or P. Manning a BJ, you won't here him saying many things positive about other QB's. You should hear the guy calling in to Denver's KOA 850.
    ....Shefter wears Bronco pajamas to bed.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -78
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    25,757
    vCash:
    38506
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    I'd like a list of the 'wide open' receivers Tannehill missed for TD's yesterday. And if you even think about mentioning the Bess play, I'll just snuff that one out for ya right now- he was nowhere NEAR being wide open.
    In your last post you stated, "some people just dont get it".. Well there ya go
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  9. -79
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    13,147
    vCash:
    3622
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Remember last week when people said Scheffer was one of the reporters whose view they respected?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  10. -80
    qmar's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    688
    vCash:
    1220
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Cant say I disagree with Schefter. We just dont know yet. Thats all he is saying.
    Anyone that says THill is going to be a franchise QB or absolutely will NOT be a franchise QB is pulling a Miss Cleo. There is no way you can say for sure either way at this point in his career.

    He has accuracy issues, can these be corrected? Maybe
    He doesn't move all that well in the pocket, can this be corrected? Maybe

    One thing we do know is that he has a pretty strong arm, is athletic, and appears to be pretty intelligent. Unfortunately those traits don't make an elite QB or even solid franchise QB. You need to put everything together and THill has not yet done that consistently. Blame it on the WR's, Running game, Pass Protection, the fact is, he hasn't produced consistently yet. He also hasn't shown me anything that would say "this guy will NOT be an elite QB" Clean up those issues I mentioned above and I think he has a shot. Moral of the story, too early to tell.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM
  2. Question about Tannehill, anyone got the answer?
    By next-year in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM
  3. Clev will NOT take Tannehill at #4 Per Schefter
    By foozool13 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
  4. Schefter: Flynn will visit with Dolphins on Saturday
    By Casas9425 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •